Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Limosuin bull ODZ

• 24-02-2012 9:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Any calves off the above bull from eurogene? Recommended for easy calving..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

teddd wrote: »
    Any calves off the above bull from eurogene? Recommended for easy calving..

Haven't used him yet, as we had bought FL22 straws from PG, the last of which is gone now. His figures aren't bad. I was wondering myself what way he was breeding.
    We used a nice bit of Brigadeer (ABI) from Eurogene, getting growthy calves.
    Eurogene could probably do with freshening up their selection a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 teddd

Agree with you, a new updated list of bulls would be no harm. Seen a few ABI calves, nice stock!

Agree with you, a new updated list of bulls would be no harm. Seen a few ABI calves, nice stock!

On a more positive note, Their Sim Newry (KFY) is a super bull. And the Blonde Indiana (WTI) is supposed to be breeding well.

Have also seen some nice calves of the charolais bull ALU, limosuin RUR and belgian blue Galopeur (GAU)

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

Bizzum wrote: »
    On a more positive note, Their Sim Newry (KFY) is a super bull. And the Blonde Indiana (WTI) is supposed to be breeding well.

I was thinking of using Newry for replacements, are they good and square at the hips, he looks a good growthy bull and im sure he would bring milk, or what other sims are noted for calving ability??

• Advertisement

Bigbird1 wrote: »
    I was thinking of using Newry for replacements, are they good and square at the hips, he looks a good growthy bull and im sure he would bring milk, or what other sims are noted for calving ability??

We used Newry to get a few replacements(And got more bulls!) off good cows, so I would expect them to be well made anyway.
    We have a real good cow carrying to Delfur T Bone, calving mid March and recently served a good Blonde cow to Curaheen Vio (CQA).

Have also seen some nice calves of the charolais bull ALU, limosuin RUR and belgian blue Galopeur (GAU)

I think I put up a pic or two in the photo thread of a Sim cow with an ALU calf at foot. Certainly some stock there off the Eurogene bulls.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Bigbird1

Bizzum wrote: »
    We used Newry to get a few replacements(And got more bulls!) off good cows, so I would expect them to be well made anyway.
    We have a real good cow carrying to Delfur T Bone, calving mid March and recently served a good Blonde cow to Curaheen Vio (CQA).

Ya i like the look of those too, CQA looks to have super shape, never used sim but think i will try them on a few lim and blue cows this year

Ya, CQA looks a fine bull surly! Also, heard that the belgium blue bull ORME is breeding good calves!

Advertisement