Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phones pre and after the Iphone.

Options
  • 24-02-2012 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭

What the average phone looked like before and after the IPhone.

My last "old school" push button phone was the SE W995.

34qwzya.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Meh, it's just the rise of the capacitive touch screen. I don't know how else a touch screen device is supposed to look tbh. And the image on the right leaves out all the button devices still sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Meh, it's just the rise of the capacitive touch screen. I don't know how else a touch screen device is supposed to look tbh. And the image on the right leaves out all the button devices still sold.

I have the QTEK 2030 (HTC Alpine) on Adverts ATM, it came out in 1995, big and clumsy and also touchscreen back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

I have the QTEK 2030 (HTC Alpine) on Adverts ATM, it came out in 1995, big and clumsy and also touchscreen back then.

2005, I thought?

I still have an N73 as a backup phone. Cheap Androids are at the price point where featurephones used to be, so they're not as visible as they used to be. As far as I can tell, only Nokia are serious about anything non-smartphone these days.

Look at where the idea of PADDs came from, and you can get something like it in a smartphone or a tablet device. To me it's cool you can have something in your hand that 50 or 60 years ago was the stuff of science fiction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

2005, I thought?
    My Mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Might be wrong but I think the OP is trying to put across the fact that mobile phones of yesteryear all looked different with screen size, shape, clamshell design and casings. Most of touchscreen phones look quite similar tbh.

• Advertisement
Advertisement