Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AA Home Insurance 'Price Guarantee'

Options
  • 24-02-2012 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭

We got a letter from tha AA regarding a home insurance quote, and their 'Price Guarantee' was emphasised in it, and how they 'promise to beat your existing renewal premium'.

Co-incidentally, we got a renewal quote from our current broker on the same day and when my wife rang the AA today, she was quoted a price about 30% higher than our current broker and was told that they couldn't match our current quote, despite their 'Price Guarantee'.

Before I ring up myself on Monday, does anyone have any thoughts on where we stand? Is this false advertising? There is little enough on the AA website regarding their terms and conditions.

Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Im sure it says price guarantee

Terms and conditions apply.

So there isnt anything that can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Nharrison02

I also got two unsolicited letters from AA Ireland for Car Insurance stating that "with AA Price Guarantee, we promise to beat your existing premium....."
    I haven't called them yet because I know they won't be able to beat it. Still it makes me curious but this type of "false offer" annoys me.

Advertisement