Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

River Liffey

Options
  • 24-02-2012 10:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

A friend of mine has asked me to try to find out about the river liffey. He said to me that whales swim up it sometimes. I've tried to Google it and cannot find anything out so i thought i'd put a thread on here and see does anyone know anything about this and if its true maybe why they swim up...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭CrackisWhack

Yes, between the months of March - May, Southern Right whales have been known to pass under the Ha'penny bridge up to their spawning grounds near Chapelizod.

www.whaleinfo.com/facts/439292

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭RosieMarie_91

I've just Googled that and apparently Fáilte Ireland used this whale in an advert of theirs but this type of whale has never been recorded in irish waters. It's a Southern Hemisphere whale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Salmon swim up it.

Advertisement