Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

canstaff

• 24-02-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, i had a interview with canstaff 2 wks ago about a possible job in christchurch and i was wondering did anyone ever had any dealings with them before.

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,337 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Signatures

• Registered Users Posts: 10 sia 1

how did u get on had a interview aswell and trying to find out more about them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33 DG22

Hi, i had a interview with canstaff 2 wks ago about a possible job in christchurch and i was wondering did anyone ever had any dealings with them before.

Hi I have an interview in May and was wondering what to expect. Have you heard anything since your one in Feb.. Did they mention anything about cost.

DG22 wrote: »
    Hi I have an interview in May and was wondering what to expect. Have you heard anything since your one in Feb.. Did they mention anything about cost.

you have to pay all your costs to get there they just set you up with a job there just a agency so have plenty of money before you go

sia 1 wrote: »
    you have to pay all your costs to get there they just set you up with a job there just a agency so have plenty of money before you go

And what was the interview like, was it very formal, should I wear a suit, do i need to bring paperwork. I really hope to get this job but Im not sure what job Im being interviewed for.

• Advertisement

And what was the interview like, was it very formal, should I wear a suit, do i need to bring paperwork. I really hope to get this job but Im not sure what job Im being interviewed for.

it was formal i didnt take any paperwork the interview was very relaxed

has anyone actually gotten work from these interviews

was offered a job with them but could not let my house in time for me to go over

sia 1 wrote: »
    was offered a job with them but could not let my house in time for me to go over
    Can you tell me more did they offer you the job there and then or later ..what field was the job in ,did they give you a time frame to except the job any details would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 3 classicfan

I had an interview with Canstaff a few weeks back. They have now sent me a contract to sign and are also looking for a Police cert and a portfolio of work carried out. They seem legit to me. No job offer on the table yet though. A visa takes about six weeks to get. The contract is to make sure that I am not dealing with any other agencies, they sign me up in other words.

• Advertisement

Sounds good. I went for interview In may so all the info has been sent. I'd say they will wait until everyone is processed to allow for easy travel arrangements. Do u have a closing date for ur portfolio.

They didn't give me a deadline. I gather the quicker I get it done the sooner things move along. What trade/occupation are you in?

any news from Canstaff yet ?

have you a phone number and i will ring you.. i find it hard to get time to get on here..

number is <snip>

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Hi DG22,

I removed your phone number, it's safer not to post it publicly like that. You can send it by PM instead

TrueDub wrote: »
    Hi DG22,

I removed your phone number, it's safer not to post it publicly like that. You can send it by PM instead

Tanx I thought I canceled it

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EffieM

Hi is anyone over there yet? We are heading on 20th but have no idea yet what accomodation we will get temporary. We were givin options for singles/couples in digs etc, but we told them we are a family so will need an apartment or something for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tilly Bear

Hi I posted on here a few days ago about canstaff and got no replies:confused:just wondering how long you guys were waiting for an interview or job offer from canstaff if you dont mind me askin?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EffieM

Tilly Bear wrote: »
    Hi I posted on here a few days ago about canstaff and got no replies:confused:just wondering how long you guys were waiting for an interview or job offer from canstaff if you dont mind me askin?
    Thanks
    Hi Tilly,
    Yeah they seem good so far. Just hard to get in touch with time zone etc. My husband had interview at End August , offered job on spot and official job offer and info arrived few days later. we got our visas back this week, they took 2 weeks to prepare say, and 2 weeks from when we posted forms to immigration. so booked flights for the 20th. Do u know when you'll be going? are you single/couple/family

• Advertisement

We are a family of 3 hubby me and daughter 12 last we heard he was being shortlisted for a job that was nearly 2 wks ago and me ive no patience lol just Is
    want to go.Congrats on your news ye must be so excited not long to go now:D Is it CCH ye goin to and where abouts ye from?

Tilly Bear wrote: »
    Thanks

Hi how are ye:) my husband went for his interview in May 2012 and we are leaving new years eve for NZ... Canstaff are really helpful and very friendly.

Hi Dg22, wow I bet ye cant wait we havent heard back from Canstaff for over 2 wks,met them at the jobs expo in Dublin and they seem very positive just no sign of an interview yet :( Hubby is an excavator operator and heavy rigid lorry driver and there's loads of work in Christchurch with the rebuild. What area ye goin to and is it just the 2 of you?

Ill PM u

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Big Tidalwave

Hi, how it goin y'all?

My friend and I both applied to canstaff for jobs in ChCh but its been a long slow process, just hoping to hear from other people who have already made the move with them.

I had my interview a few weeks ago, just signed the contract to say i wont look for work through other companies etc. friend has his interview next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭MrTsSnickers

Hi All, attended an expo a while back. Canstaff just contacted me saying that they'd like me to progress to the next stage, interview/phone interview presumably (although I didn't give them my CV, I assume the recruiter that I spoke to passed it on, she said that she was going to pass it to people more expert in recruiting in my field - health promotion). I just want to make sure that they are legitimate before I get any hopes up.

Thanks.

Hi, if its canstaff ur dealing with you won't be disappointed at all. They are very helpful and progress in easy stages to make the process run smoothly.

Hi, if its canstaff ur dealing with you won't be disappointed at all. They are very helpful and progress in easy stages to make the process run smoothly.

Aw thanks so much, consider my mind at ease, I looked into them online but anyone can make a website. Suppose its a good sign that they've contacted me.

they are recruiting large numbers to assist with the rebuild of christchurch so are very busy at the moment, but they are good at staying in touch and letting you what you need to do next to progress your application.

• Advertisement

Have you made the move yet (how you finding it)? Or if you're in the stages, how are you finding that?

Have you made the move yet (how you finding it)? Or if you're in the stages, how are you finding that?

I'm still in the application process, they were workin in partnership with a firm in Derry who carried out my interview, i have sent Canstaff my CV, references, documents etc. I am now waiting on a police check to come back so i can send them a copy of that too, once that clears then they will line up job offers and if i agree to one then i apply for a visa with the intention of makin the move in April.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 desserdub

anyone making the move to cc through canstaff yet?did they give you any info on salaries.just in the process myself:confused:

I received my contract offer from Canstaff earlier this week and have asked them for a little clarity on a few things before signing it.

If everything can be agreed then i should hopefully be arriving mid-April.

I would be keen to hear from anyone else that has already made the move from Ireland to Chch through Canstaff :)

Hi everyone, hows the organising going, anyone got a date yet for moving.

im in the process myself but it is too slow.im an electrician and was told the other day the demand for my skill was gone slow but they are expecting it to improve in the coming months so wont be back to me till april.i also think the wage will be too low as the other poster stated.23 dollars p.h might be a struggle(14 euro or so,even though i dont like comparing the change over in currency).i would have to bring a family over eventually so wouldnt be easy as the rents are very high also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

jeez that's fairly bad mate i was offered 20 bucks an hour for general labourer and i turned it down that was to low and i would have been going solo and single i am now going to canada instead 14 euros an hour isn't a whole lot when such a big move is involved.

i heard a rumour that people that have moved out through canstaff have had a significant payrise shortly after moving out, increased to $35-$45 p/h but as yet i haven't been able to speak to anyone that knows anything about that.

There is no doubt if the family was coming, 2 people would have to work, but its the best place in the world to bring up a family. The rent is expensive, and to get started with power and broadband is not 2 bad, but we organised our own before we came over and got a really good deal. Try to live in chch so u dont need a car, or you could car pool if you perfer a smaller town. U defo couldnt play rent here and a mortage at home. Canada is the place for the money at the moment and is grand if you have big bills u wanna pay off and work like a dog for the next few years... Everything is really expensive and turns into an iceblock so its grand for a single person.. NZ is so easy going, they work to live.. The money is not great so you wont save but if you can afford the Initial move, like the outdoor lifestyle and are not into bling, I promise ye, you won’t ever want to leave. We are having a heat wave at the moment :)

cant see them paying that sort of money myself.would have to pay at least $32 to get people out there

Job opportunities in Christchurch

We are currently seeking Carpenters.
    Successful applicants will be hard working and strong team players, you must be Trades qualified or have proven solid experience in Carpentry, having your own tools and transport will be an advantage in your application.
    Please call 021 141 9118 or send your resume admin@mchandlees.co.nz

Just seen this on Irish people living in Chch: Facebook

• Advertisement
Advertisement