Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most annoying advertisement?

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

I've not watched TV in years, so don't really know of any recent ADs in mind...

But I do listen to the radio, 98FM, while driving - and that quote "Captain America, Great Food, 'KICK ASS' cocktails, etc." being said like every 5 minutes, everday, for months, tops the annoyance meter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

on the radio.....Nana Kelly/Jelly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The Hello.ie one with the snotty nosed little shítebox on it!

The way he says 'Mortgages' makes me want to put my fist thru the TV every time.

"It's so easy, even an adult could get it!"

Fúck. Off. You. Cúnt. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Part troll

jesus, i really dislike the heineken adds.
    talk about an overproduced non-sense add for a less then average beer...(IMHO) :)

i reckon there's 5 sec's of footage missing from the end of the add, where it cuts to the two guys, having a 3 way with the poor goat, while necking the affore mentioned beverage.....durty feckers...

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Awwwwfook

123.ie and the Compare the Meerkat one do my head in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

That Trivago ad that's ALWAYS on 3. Guy and girl looking up hotels and she goes

'This one is paaarfect.'

Kill her. With fire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Weevil

kfallon wrote: »

The way he says 'Mortgages' makes me want to put my fist thru the TV every time.

I bet the little pollix's parents are insufferably smug as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Virgil°

kfallon wrote: »

Whats worse is it used to be on EVERY FUKKING adbreak. Sky's ad breaks for Ireland had like 3 ads and this was one of them.

Every time I heard "Savings you didn't know you could make, Mr Ryan?" I died a little inside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Those chewing gum anti litter ads with silhouette of the people prancing about casually back flipping the used gum into the bin.

They make me so angry I want to cry every time.

It's like sometimes a gang of transition yrs would dream up on their lunch break for their mini company,

Actually no, kids would have more cop on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

That Trivago ad that's ALWAYS on 3. Guy and girl looking up hotels and she goes

'This one is paaarfect.'

Kill her. With fire.

That ad WRECKS my head :mad: I also cant stand how she pronounces the word pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

JJayoo wrote: »

I lyk that one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hootanany wrote: »
    I lyk that one

We would not get on so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

The Jameson ads before and after breaks on Film4.

It's probably due to the fact that you will see it at least eight times over the course of a film, they're louder than the film anyway and the beardy guy is shouting! "THEN JOHN JAMESON SAID..."

Very jarring if you're watching a low-key/quiet film.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Gamayun wrote: »
    The Jameson ads before and after breaks on Film4.

It's probably due to the fact that you will see it at least eight times over the course of a film, they're louder than the film anyway and the beardy guy is shouting! "THEN JOHN JAMESON SAID..."

Very jarring if you're watching a low-key/quiet film.

Hate it and also the butter ad where the Kerryman carries a cow around on his back for no reason:confused: paddywhackery bull**** :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭frank reynolds

that Lucozade cvnt that was all over youtube with the

"whats this you ask, oh it's just a, show boating, dog walking, explosion walking away from, awesome kinda energy"

but the sh!t he says goes on for ages, he has a VERY annoying voice and face and generally, it just annoys the absolute sh!t out of me every time i see the stupid cvnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Part troll

Add the Bulmers add to that list too..

Some trampy looking man, walking around the pub, talking to himself in rhymes.........:eek:
    not a good advertisement for your cider...:o (i'll still drink it though!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭whiterob81

The ad for Today FM breaks. I'm not sure if it's been on for a while. You know the one "Rain, more rain. AH HERE GIVE ME A BREAK". It's clearly a marketing executive's idea of trying to reach common working class people while still showing a deep rooted contempt and general disrespect for their level of intelligence.

Horrendously patronising stuff. Have to switch off the radio everytime it comes on.

It's possible that I may be over thinking this one

Advertisement