Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

peach teats

• 25-02-2012 12:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭

currently feeding calves with feeders with black pull through teats ,i am going to buy a few extra feeders during the week,i have noticed a lot of farms where i buy calves are using peach teats in there feeders what is the difference and which ones would ye recomend

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

charityboy wrote: »
    currently feeding calves with feeders with black pull through teats ,i am going to buy a few extra feeders during the week,i have noticed a lot of farms where i buy calves are using peach teats in there feeders what is the difference and which ones would ye recomend
    The peach teats are bigger and easier to suck from and i use them for small sucks to get them started and move to JFC blue(now) teats. Once they get strong i use the milkbar teats as i find them slower to drink from so the calf gets the suck reflex out of the way and no cow sucking the milkers when they are grown.

But thats just me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭lakill Farm

I use the milkbar ones as replacements in the jfc once the orginals are fecked. I think 10 replacements are €25.

Bought a new 10 teat jfc the other day for €100 . the good auld north:rolleyes:

5live wrote: »
    The peach teats are bigger and easier to suck from and i use them for small sucks to get them started and move to JFC blue(now) teats. Once they get strong i use the milkbar teats as i find them slower to drink from so the calf gets the suck reflex out of the way and no cow sucking the milkers when they are grown.

But thats just me

Advertisement