Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you think you will live to 100?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

No, probably get some disease in my lifetime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

With my lifestyle, if i make it to 50 i'll be happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Potato's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

sxt wrote: »
    Do you think you will live to be 100 ?

Are you threatening me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

Nah I smoked to much for to long, the damage is already done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 830 ✭✭✭who what when

Senna wrote: »

Really. Ye mad yoke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Really. Ye mad yoke!

Unhealthy diet, stressful job, mad yoke indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

my late grandad always thought he'd make 100. i can still remember the last words he ever said to me as clear as day while were crossing the road one day........."f*** me! A BUS!..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

If masturbation increases your age I would expect to live till about.....412.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

100?

There or thereabouts.

Very healthy heritage on both sides except for a small dash of the ol' madnesses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Tesco Massacre

my late grandad always thought he'd make 100. i can still remember the last words he ever said to me as clear as day while were crossing the road one day........."f*** me! A BUS!..."

Thinking about sex 'til the very end. What a horndog.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Curly Watts

No

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

I'd love to see 80, My terrible diet and smoking will probably have something to say about that.

If i don't enjoy myself now, When i'm physically at my peak, When will i?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

With my lifestyle, no chance!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

No I smoke and drink heavily. Late 50s I say if I don't hang myself before then. I'm certain if was diagnosed with terminal cancer I'd take my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

I will never forget what my dear old Grandad said to me just before he kicked the bucket.
    He said, "Grandson... how far do you think I can kick this bucket?" :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Don't want to tbh, only 18 now. 80 would be a nice number I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

A friend of mine from waterford his granny lived till she was 104 she smoked 60 aday drank brandy at night and still lived in the same house she was born in she died last year god bless her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Fast cars and fast women, just like your username?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

Why can't I vote for both?

I took an online life expectancy test there last year and it said I have, now any way, 5 months left.

My Grandmother is getting younger, and she looks younger than my mother, my other Grandmother lived to be less than a month shy of 96 and her husband died suddenly at 91 while working hours everyday up until the very day he died, and if the doctors had done their job properly he'd still be here because basically he had a heart attack and he lived for another week afterwards with **** all blood getting to his heart. Only found out recently what he actually died of, previously thought it was pneumonia.

I certainly think it's possible I'll live to be 100, I think many women born within the last 10 years have a greater chance than 50% of living to 100, but I wouldn't bet against an early death. Probably due to occupational hazards one would have to expect being a squirrel farmer. Wily, furry, little bastards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Hopefully not.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

God I wouldnt want to

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Anything past 85 just looks like it is not worth putting up with. Even that's pushing it, I be happy to go anytime between 75-85.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,926 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

No, I think I'll be dead by 40

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Raditub

mmh maybe..well i hope so...if and only if i am healthy! Sher why not..would love to see my grandchildren grow up like :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Dannyg90

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iYpxRXlboQ
    that video is worth a watch, raises the point that sometime in the future we may all live far past 100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭sara025

sxt wrote: »
    Every year life expectancy is increasing in , Ireland/western world .

http://www.google.ie/publicdata/explore?ds=d5bncppjof8f9_&met_y=sp_dyn_le00_in&idim=country:IRL&dl=en&hl=en&q=life+expectancy

Do you think you will live to be 100 ?

Is that life expectancy increased due to our obsession with keeping the elderly alive way beyond their quality of life has decreased?

If I can't function without assisted help, need cocktails of drugs to keep me breathing or can't remember who/where the f*ck I am & am crying or moaning about something that's incoherent to all those around me (where I am actually saying "Please let me die") then I don't really care about living to be 100

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

I'm 30 now and starting to think i was wildly optimistic setting up my pension.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,902 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

If immaturity decreases your life span I'll live to be 69

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

I don't think I will; indeed, I'll be happy if I make it to 70. It's a pity really, because nothing would please me more than to get a cheque for €2,540 (at today's level) from the President. €500 would get me a one-way ticket to the appropriately named city of Bangkok and the rest would cover a decent hotel for a few nights and the services of some ladies. And then, when they asked me "You want happy ending?", I'd be truly sincere when I replied: "And how!":)

In fact, a few years ago I received a letter from the Irish Embassy telling me that the Centenarians Premium Scheme had been extended to include all persons born in Ireland irrespective of present domicile and including an application form. Since I still had 34 years to go at the time, I wrote to the Department in Dublin asking if they could advance me one-third of the money, in return for which I would waive my entitlement to the remainder when I turned 100.:D

I still haven't received a reply.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Not a hope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

No one lives forever, no one. But with advances in modern science and my high level income, it's not crazy to think I can live to be 245, maybe 300. Heck, I just read in the newspaper that they put a pig heart in some guy from Russia. Do you know what that means?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

No one lives forever, no one. But with advances in modern science and my high level income, it's not crazy to think I can live to be 245, maybe 300. Heck, I just read in the newspaper that they put a pig heart in some guy from Russia. Do you know what that means?

It's not too far fetched to suggest we could live forever*

Ultimately we die because cells begin to die or lose their ability to function properly, if we can come up with a method of repairing, rejuvenating or replacing those cells we could live forever.

*"Forever" being as long as we have a habitable environment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Nope.

I'll ride anything. Eat anything and drink anything all while smoking anything (within reason) and do pretty much anything :)

I'm suprised I'm still alive :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I haven't a hope. Don't think I would want to either, so I'm not too worried about it.

I would like to enjoy great health as long as I can, and then drop dead. All this lingering and malingering and watching stuff fall apart and not being able to do anything for yourself is not the way to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

No way I'm going to be working on and off freelance so I will have a **** pension, I'll be happy if I get to early 80s, it doesn't seem to be all that fun after that..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'll die trying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

3 fiddy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Samich wrote: »
    No, probably get some disease in my lifetime.
    44leto wrote: »
    Nah I smoked to much for to long, the damage is already done.
    No
    baraca wrote: »
    I'd love to see 80, My terrible diet and smoking will probably have something to say about that.

If i don't enjoy myself now, When i'm physically at my peak, When will i?
    Dempsey wrote: »
    With my lifestyle, no chance!
    No I smoke and drink heavily. Late 50s I say if I don't hang myself before then. I'm certain if was diagnosed with terminal cancer I'd take my life.
    Daniel S wrote: »
    Don't want to tbh, only 18 now. 80 would be a nice number I think.
    Hopefully not.
    God I wouldnt want to
    Yakult wrote: »
    Anything past 85 just looks like it is not worth putting up with. Even that's pushing it, I be happy to go anytime between 75-85.
    Suas11 wrote: »
    No, I think I'll be dead by 40
    derfderf wrote: »
    I'm 30 now and starting to think i was wildly optimistic setting up my pension.
    If immaturity decreases your life span I'll live to be 69
    Not a hope
    MugMugs wrote: »
    Nope.

I'll ride anything. Eat anything and drink anything all while smoking anything (within reason) and do pretty much anything :)

I'm suprised I'm still alive :)
    I haven't a hope. Don't think I would want to either, so I'm not too worried about it.

I would like to enjoy great health as long as I can, and then drop dead. All this lingering and malingering and watching stuff fall apart and not being able to do anything for yourself is not the way to go.
    saa wrote: »
    No way I'm going to be working on and off freelance so I will have a **** pension, I'll be happy if I get to early 80s, it doesn't seem to be all that fun after that..
    Not very optimistic!

Not very optimistic!

Probably more realistic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Probably more realistic.

But if you're going to die at 50 might as well try to be delusional about it.

Ignorance is bliss n' all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Not a hope in hell and couldn`t give two fucks either. Boo yaa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Obese.
    Type 2 diabetes.
    25 years smoking (currently about 50 a day)
    Heavy drinker (borderline alcoholic).
    High blood pressure.
    Highly stressed.

I'm hoping to make it to 40 due to the healthy food I eat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Simi

I really, really hope not. Unless my brain has been transferred into some sort of killer robot, that'd be ok.

Not a hope in hell and couldn`t give two fucks either. Boo yaa.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/200/420/BRTky.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,239 ✭✭✭✭KeithAFC

Nope. Just hope it is on Ulster soil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Terry wrote: »
    Obese.
    Type 2 diabetes.
    25 years smoking (currently about 50 a day)
    Heavy drinker (borderline alcoholic).
    High blood pressure.
    Highly stressed.

I'm hoping to make it to 40 due to the healthy food I eat.

50 a day!?! :eek:

I'm a smoker myself but that works out not too much south of €25 a day / €175 a week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

I would imagine that I could.
    I haven't smoked or drank in my life (of course I'm only 17) but I have no intentions of starting. And I'm not overweight. I don't really eat very healthy but I don't put on weight and I don't have any heart problems, or problems with any organs really. Not allergic to anything and have no diseases in the family.

Of course, I'd make sure to stay as healthy and fit when I start getting old.
    Last thing I'd want is to be practically brain dead and not be able to easily get around.
    And of course I still want to be up-to date with the latest technology and stuff at that age :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Pandora2

x15792179.jpg

I thought I did....but now I don't!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement