Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Emigration Visas

• 25-02-2012 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭

I find it unfair that an Australian etc with Irish ancestry can claim an Irish passport.. Wiith that they are exempt from all the visa requirements.
    Ireland should only allow those born here or those born abroad to at least one Irish paren(not grandparent) entitlement to an Irish passport.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Curly Watts

I concur

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

Should we expel everyone who's here and doesn't meet those criteria?

To what extent should we go while expelling them if that's the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Jake187

I find it unfair that an Australian etc with Irish ancestry can claim an Irish passport.. Wiith that they are exempt from all the visa requirements.
    Ireland should only allow those born here or those born abroad to at least one Irish paren(not grandparent) entitlement to an Irish passport.

Are you serious dude? :eek:
    That doesnt make any sense at all. Besides you'll get alot of fake ancestry claims too.
    I like the Australians :) but all we get is a years visa and work permit. Hardly a trade off is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Who the fug would want a free pass into this sh1thole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

YEAH!!!

It's not as if there's any Irish in Australia now like!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sandmanporto

MrStuffins wrote: »

YEAH!!!

It's not as if there's any Irish in Australia now like!
    That is not my point. as 'if like'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Leo Dowling

That is not my point. as 'if like'

What is your point then? People from countries other than Ireland shouldn't enjoy the same freedom to move around that Irish people enjoy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

You could try again and again in the Australia New Zealand Forum.

Oh.......

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement