Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shut up or i will set you on fire

• 25-02-2012 4:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Just back from a night out and after the chipper i said to two girls who were in front of me on the street ''whats the craic''
    And the above title is the response i got,
    Needless to say i took issue with that and a bit of a argument took place.
    Just one of the girls was the problem,But is it regular that some people are so hostile to basic communication..?
    I know what people are like after a few drinks but i really think this was overkill:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Were you on northside Dublin by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Surely you could see they were skanger me banger yokes ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Conbhar

I think her problem was that she did not like u but does like setting things on fire, hence the reason she wants to set u on fire. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

Not surprised heard a girl on the bus one day couldn't have been more than 15 telling another girl over the phone that she was going to go to her house and "Kick you to death". The country is full of classy people!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

The insecurities of being bad looking exploded out of her and you were the unlucky target.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

Fago! wrote: »

Nope, Down south-But wont say where... Just a bit weird to get that response.
    Serious overkill in my view....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Jake187

Just utter as*holes, op.
    Its the same every weekend. People get drunk and the true dickish behaviour comes out within them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

You should have called her bluff, given her a lighter and kept talking to them.

She would have bottled it...probably.

I just said to them, Where are we? Ireland, we have the craic here,So whats the problem...? All i got what was a toned down version of abuse at which point i just left it be.
    Drink or no drink, Some people are just idiots......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

CB19Kevo wrote: »
    Just back from a night out.

You were being friendly,they didn't want to know?
    Don't let it get to you.:pac:

Cheer up!:)

• Advertisement

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    You should have called her bluff, given her a lighter and kept talking to them.

She would have bottled it...probably.

She had a lighter and pulled it out but didnt bother trying to set me on fire, Not that i would have let her anyway.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Jake187

I just said to them, Where are we? Ireland, we have the craic here,So whats the problem...? All i got what was a toned down version of abuse at which point i just left it be.
    Drink or no drink, Some people are just idiots......

Some people are just as*holes man.
    You didnt do anything wrong. Just trying to be friendly and have a bit of craic :)

Ahhh, sure you know yourself. All sh*te. The type of girl to give someone loads but if gotten a slap would play the 'how dare you / soft woman type'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

That's hot, some girls are kinky like that, don't be such a prude.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Why are you laying eggs here?:P

No stress,
    Cheers for the reply's.
    As we all know there is a small minority of people who cant take there alcohol or have a laugh but overall most people are easy going and up for a good time..;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

No stress,
    Cheers for the reply's.
    As we all know there is a small minority of people who cant take there alcohol or have a laugh but overall most people are easy going and up for a good time..;)

And bitches be crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

OP, are you the guy who was wearing just the smile and an overcoat from the Flash thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Maybe she is fed up of friendly drunks initiating conversation and just wanted to finish up the night chatting to her friend and not having to fend off unwanted social intercourse. :D Setting you on fire was a bit much of a threat though. I'd have threatened you with a baseball bat instead. More ladylike that! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

At least you didn't get bottled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Perhaps they were trying to kindle love.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

I don't know why you bothered entering into a conversation with her though after that. No point in trying to make sense out of idiots who go around talking like that, particularly after one or both parties have been drinking. Just not worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭crow_eat_crow

Should've sung her the Doors song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

There must be some sort of mathematical equation regarding the lesser the hour, the lesser the intelligence of respondents on Boards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

There must be some sort of mathematical equation regarding the lesser the hour, the lesser the intelligence of respondents on Boards.

$ T \propto IQ + c$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

At least it got a story in AH, night wasn't all ruined then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

We're they hot ?

Get it? Hot?

Forget it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

'Shut up or I will set you on fire'! :pac:

Did she think you'd just stand there while she slowly went about setting you on fire?

Father Dougal (as Ted struggles with the car door): You're alright there, Ted. He's a fair bit away ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I composed a rap for you to use next time:

Shut it bitchez
    I'm made of asbestos
    Your gooter smellz
    It needz washing in Domestos

/fin

Advertisement