Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Right of Way Question

• 25-02-2012 4:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

Hello All,

I am just wondering if you can shed any light on this right of way issue as i an not sure what to do with it.

I inherited a farm from my late uncle. One field contains a passage that allows a relation of mine a shortcut to other land he owns. He has been using it for a number of years.

This passage was never transferred from my uncles farm to this relation of mine, it being a gentlemans agreement at the time i think to make life easier for my relation.

Can he now try to claim this passage through adverse posession or what is the story?

Your thoughts/comments would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Chevy RV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

Is he claiming the passage or the right to travel over it?

One answer would be to contact solicitor.

As other person is a relation, then you might like to maintain a good relationship. if that is the case, then perhaps you could consider giving him a licence or a right of way to access his/her land. Consult solicitor as well.

Remember though, that the only certainty in law, is expense and great expense at that. You could also incur wrath of relative. We all only live once in this life and a happy life is better than a horrible life.

Advertisement