Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tv Repair shop?

Options
  • 25-02-2012 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know of anywhere that still does tv repairs?

The sister is having trouble with her telly lately, when she turns it on the picture is jumpy and fuzzy, sometimes the screen goes totally black, but when it warms up i.e. been on for a few minutes 5-10 it works perfect.

She is thinking it may be something small and easy to fix rather than having to shell out for a new TV considering the one she has is only 4 or 5 years old I think.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Sounds like the tube is going on it. Happened to me recently. If that's the case it's fecked. Don't think o'hanlon repairs is open on mayors walk but I think Toner electronics on Philip st would look at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Find it odd that something should be going on it already but it must be!

Less then 6 years old, my old portable tv that I have had as long as I can remember still works :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

kryogen wrote: »
    Find it odd that something should be going on it already but it must be!

Less then 6 years old, my old portable tv that I have had as long as I can remember still works :)
    It's how things are built these days! My grandmother has a beast of a TV which has buttons for every channel on the side of it. Still going strong, except everything looks washed out like it's from the 70s on it...

Yeah I guess, more feature, more stuff to go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

Tv's built nowadays will never last as long at the old one's the price to get a TV fixed is very high depending on what's wrong sometimes better off to get a new TV

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭ComfyKnickers

There used to be a place in the Johnstown Industrial Estate, they fixed my tv about four years ago but not sure if they are still there. There is also Toners just down from the Hyper

Was told about this place on Johnstown so we went down looking for it but couldnt find it. Dont thinks its there anymore, there was an old faded sign for an electrical place. but no shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

The place in johnstown is closed (R&M) but Ollie from R&M is now based in the Sony center Westgate business pk Tramore road doing TV repair's 051844641 . TBH I alway's found Toner's a little exspensive.

Advertisement