Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is that it? Is that all there is?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Trojan wrote: »
    I forgot about Douglas Hill. Try:

The Fraxilly Fracas
    The Colloghi Conspiracy

I haven't read any of his other ones so don't know if they're comedy.

God, I haven't read those in years. *goes rummaging*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

There is also the Vorkosigan Saga by Lois McMaster-Bujold. It's more dramatic and not as funny as Douglas Adams, but it's got some great moments in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Derfelcadarn

Try Simon R Green. He's got a trilogy, think it's the forest kingdom trilogy, with a knight riding round on an intelligent unicorn, and of course only virgins can ride unicorns....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

as already suggested Robert Rankin and George McDonald Fraser fit the bill -ish and Good Omens is a great read also. Rankin is mental though with running gags that go on through all x-million books he's written to date. Think all that prevents him writing more is the lack of suitable movie titles to satirise.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Dramocles by Robert Sheckley would be a suggestion, or indeed any of the legion of Xanth books by Piers Anthony.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 spongehaed

I think the Thraxas novels by Martin Scott are comic fantasy but i haven't read them, just saw them on shelves.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭ferretone

Good suggestions in the thread so far, but on reflection, the next best humourous fantasy out there is without doubt Alan Dean Foster's Spellsinger series.

Michael Marshall Smith's Only Forward, while not as overtly comic, has quite a few hilarious moments as well.

Advertisement