If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget amp for Apple TV?

Options
  • 25-02-2012 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Just wondering if there's a budget amp I could use in a bedroom with an Apple TV for streaming from iTunes? I think I need an optical input. I'll use it with the tv as well but not looking for surround sound - just stereo. I have a spare pair of speakers.

Thanks

Vinnie

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Vinnie,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We've got a good deal on a nice home cinema amp. It has an optical input so it'll work grand with your Apple TV. Also has 3 HDMI inputs so if you did want to use it for home cinema in future you can.

We're offering it at £129.95 and £12.99 delivery. :)

Check the link below for a spec:

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/products/22/98/405/VSX-421/index.html

Let me know what you think.

Regards.
    Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭vinniemac

Never got to do anything about this at the time guys. Is this still available or a similar alternative? Vinnie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Vinnie.

We are down to our last few of these and they are ex display or ones that have been returned by customers who changed their minds.

I can do you one of these at £129.95 with £7.99 for delivery or alternatively, we have the bigger brother of this receiver which is the VSX521 which has an extra HDMI and the automatic room calibration for £169.95 with delivery at £12.99. These are brand new and boxed.

I hope this helps but let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave

Same price as new for an open box or ex-demo one? Any chance you can get the pencil sharpener out?

V.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

vinniemac wrote: »
    Hi Dave

Same price as new for an open box or ex-demo one? Any chance you can get the pencil sharpener out?

V.

Vinnie,

£119.95 for a perfect Open box unit..that's a cracking price for a decent Pioneer AV receiver..

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Thanks John.

I'll go with that :) I'll phone in my card details tomorrow.

Vinnie

Hi John

Something came up and I didn't get to place my order before the VSX421s were sold :-( so I'm back to square 1 and looking for an alternative. I know you have the 521 at £170 but thats stretching the budget a bit. I see the .co.uk site have an Onkyo TSXR309 at £140. Do you have that model in stock or anything else in the same price range?

Vinnie

• Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Jusy as a FYI, Apple TV can carry sound over HDMI so no need for an optical cable

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi John

Something came up and I didn't get to place my order before the VSX421s were sold :-( so I'm back to square 1 and looking for an alternative. I know you have the 521 at £170 but thats stretching the budget a bit. I see the .co.uk site have an Onkyo TSXR309 at £140. Do you have that model in stock or anything else in the same price range?

Vinnie

Vinnie,

I have one last VSX421 in Open Box (but it's actually boxed with all the bits) that I would do at £99.95..... grab it now or forever hold your peace...;)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Sold!

I'll phone in my details now

Thanks John

V

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Sold!

I'll phone in my details now

Thanks John

V

Hi Vinnie,

Just to let you know your order has been processed and is ready to go. We'll have it shipped out on Monday via DPD. This should arrive with you then on Tuesday. :)

Chris

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.