Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

no mate i think we basically just apply and wait. and then upon approval you will be e-mailed a letter saying your visa was granted. print that off and bring it with you then upon arrival in Canada hand it in at immigration and they will issue you with a work permit for 24 months :)

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    no mate i think we basically just apply and wait. and then upon approval you will be e-mailed a letter saying your visa was granted. print that off and bring it with you then upon arrival in Canada head it in at immigration and they will issue you with a work permit for 24 months :)
    Thats perfect. I know we need letter that is emailed just wasn't sure if we had to be interviewed at their embassy but that perfect so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Cypressg - Good question, I'd nearly go through the pain of getting the passport now, just in case.

Think of this this way, if you get the visa, you'll have to organise the passport from Canada, which might be hassle.
    If you do it now, you'll have it and then you're covered if the visa does require the 24 month validity.

With all this waiting around, you might as well keep busy.
    I'm going spare here!!

I say yes deffo get the passport now. Cos they will only issue your work permit (on entry to Canada) for the validity length of your passport so....

Also argh. My passport won't be back until Monday week I think. Hopefully there will be spaces left to apply then. Also waiting on the Garda cert. I wonder can you sign in, complete the form (but not send it off) so it is ready when the docs come back, then just upload the documents and send it all off. Hopefully you can.

hdowney wrote: »
    I say yes deffo get the passport now. Cos they will only issue your work permit (on entry to Canada) for the validity length of your passport so....

Also argh. My passport won't be back until Monday week I think. Hopefully there will be spaces left to apply then. Also waiting on the Garda cert. I wonder can you sign in, complete the form (but not send it off) so it is ready when the docs come back, then just upload the documents and send it all off. Hopefully you can.
    Nearly certain you can download and have everything ready to submit I'd say and once your last bits come they can all go

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

So can we create a account now.What is the difference between Sign-In Partner Log In and GCKey Login?i am very confused:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Hi Hdowney,

Don't panic. Last year I applied on Jan 3rd, it was rejected, I didn't know until March 9th, I got a whole new application in that week and I got a visa in May.
    There's more visas this year, they won't go in a week.

Let's face it, it takes weeks and weeks to process each one and someone probably needs to get 5 months work out of this.

That said, if you wanted to be safe, I'd asked the passport office to scan you a copy and email it to you before they post it, as a favour.
    They're very helpful usually, so it's worth asking!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

seamus1980 wrote: »
    So can we create a account now.What is the difference between Sign-In Partner Log In and GCKey Login?i am very confused:confused::confused::confused:

(SecureKey Concierge) – this option allows you to log in with a User ID and password that you may already have, such as for online banking. << No for most people I'd presume.

GCKey – this option allows you to log in using a Government of Canada User ID and password. << A yes for me anyways :)

Anyone else registering now?

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭minnow12

Yep, need tis to go through asap, so the more I have pre-prepared the better I reckon!!!

is there much point or when we have to complete IEC-Kompass stage before we can do anything regarding second part?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

howyeh lads first time poster here

have I left it too late to get me garda cert. I have everything else scanned. Im gonna go down the garda station in the morning. So do yehs think by the time I get it back signed the applications will be open?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

Is the site acting up for anyone else? Seems like once you have registered you can't go further?

I don't think it's open yet.
    Where did you register??
    Provide the link and we'll check.

Re - PSRJ17191438b

Id imagine it will be, you never know though - just try and get it as quick as possible

It's not open yet

I just registered for GCKEY but after this I can't get any further

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

jaybommber wrote: »
    Hello there Just a quick question..
    1 I have my first IEC visa to be activated by june 2013
    Would anyone recomend applying now for the second IEC thinking ill get it round march - june 2013 and to be activated by june 2014
    2 Or apply in 2014 jan and hope to get it by june 2014
    Any info would be great
    also if I go june 2013 on the 1st visa and have the second visa also. does that mean i am good till 2016???
    Thanks Again

have I left it too late to get me garda cert. I have everything else scanned. Im gonna go down the garda station in the morning. So do yehs think by the time I get it back signed the applications will be open?

No, don't think that.
    You don't even know if you need one yet, the criteria are not up.
    Go to the station and ask them nicely for one.
    I brought chocolates last time I needed one in a rush and they did it for me there and then.
    Try not to be put off by the scare mongering.
    Keep a level head, get everything ready, you've as good a chance of any of us.

No, don't think that.
    You don't even know if you need one yet, the criteria are not up.
    Go to the station and ask them nicely for one.
    I brought chocolates last time I needed one in a rush and they did it for me there and then.
    Try not to be put off by the scare mongering.
    Keep a level head, get everything ready, you've as good a chance of any of us.

yeah cheers, as ya said, you won't know until you try

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Spiderlfc wrote: »
    It's not open yet

I just registered for GCKEY but after this I can't get any further

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

same here :confused:

I'm sure it will be sorted out fairly lively

i Just sent of my app to the garda today should be back in 2 weeks or so,plenty of time

WasterEx wrote: »
    (SecureKey Concierge) – this option allows you to log in with a User ID and password that you may already have, such as for online banking. << No for most people I'd presume.

GCKey – this option allows you to log in using a Government of Canada User ID and password. << A yes for me anyways :)

Ok thanks m8,so which option are most people using?I am still in ireland but got a visa last year which is up on the 12th of june

• Advertisement

seamus1980 wrote: »
    i Just sent of my app to the garda today should be back in 2 weeks or so,plenty of time

yeah hopefully, see that thread you started with the pdfs is that "garda.pdf" file the actual form to fill out or would I be better off waiting until I go down in the morning?

yeah hopefully, see that thread you started with the pdfs is that "garda.pdf" file the actual form to fill out or would I be better off waiting until I go down in the morning?

No dont use any of those forums just write a letter stating your address and what the visa is for take a look here m8
    http://www.garda.ie/Controller.aspx?Page=2742&Lang=1

IF you need anymore help just let me know
    Also for reason for garda cert i put down( visa application to the Canadian High Commission)so it says here

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/europe/ireland.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Hi Hdowney,

Don't panic. Last year I applied on Jan 3rd, it was rejected, I didn't know until March 9th, I got a whole new application in that week and I got a visa in May.
    There's more visas this year, they won't go in a week.

Let's face it, it takes weeks and weeks to process each one and someone probably needs to get 5 months work out of this.

That said, if you wanted to be safe, I'd asked the passport office to scan you a copy and email it to you before they post it, as a favour.
    They're very helpful usually, so it's worth asking!

Shame that they also have my long form birth cert!! So them scanning me the passport wouldn't be too much use lest they were prepared to scan me my cert too!!!
    WasterEx wrote: »

May I ask how you have a GCKey? And I assume that is the one we are applying for?

Another quick question. When we submit forms online do we have to print off forms and scan them for things such as signaturesat the bottom etc.

Muffinman1 wrote: »
    Another quick question. When we submit forms online do we have to print off forms and scan them for things such as signaturesat the bottom etc.

"You do not need to sign your application form by hand if you submit your application form online. You will be asked to provide a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC."

Taken from the myCIC after registration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

this is a bit confusing.

what exactly are people registering for using that link?

will there be an option to send the application via post or is it all done online?

theres almost too much going on between all the threads here and the waters are beginning to get a bit muddy.

@WasterEx

Post registration did you select Online Applicaton or where did you read about the digital signature?

Spiderlfc wrote: »
    @WasterEx

Post registration did you select Online Applicaton or where did you read about the digital signature?

Go to this page >> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
    Click the box with the "GCKey Login".

On the next page it brings you to, in the paragraph above the login form you will see 'register' in blue font. Click that and register.

From there you will be given instructions on what to do to set your account up.

Once you've done all that you'll come to the end and you enter your email address in the box provided as the final step.

From there at the bottom of the page you will see "Apply Online" so click that. Then paste in the code you got from the "Come to Canada" checklist and bam you'll be where I am.

Great thanks, there now

• Advertisement

@WasterEx

Sorry where is the "Welcome to Canada Checklist"

Is this the checklist at the apply online page os is it before?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement