Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

saggart26 wrote: »

Yea I saw that. I did say I knew the international only lasted a year( and I would need to apply for another one). If that is the only obstacle to my driving then I am grand

• Registered Users Posts: 31 AE56

Hi ...
    Does anyone know what the next stage is after your payment has been verified? is there anything I need should be doing or will they notify me when the next stage is released?

any help would be great....

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

BikeCalgary2.jpg
    The bike bridge looks class, also pedestrian cross on each side :D, i will get a cheap second bike over id say :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

just brilliant. after waiting 4 days and told they couldnt open my attachment, then a further 2 days to get back to me on my reupload they say they cant open that either. i knew this would happen, it doesnt attach in my messages!! their solution, please resubmit your picture a third time.

they say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results.

what am i meant to do here... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

just brilliant. after waiting 4 days and told they couldnt open my attachment, then a further 2 days to get back to me on my reupload they say they cant open that either. i knew this would happen, it doesnt attach in my messages!! their solution, please resubmit your picture a third time.

they say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results.

what i done, i just took a picture of my proof of payment from my bank with my digital camera and attached the jpeg. worked no problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Have you tried a different browser or even computer to see if it helps? Also have you opened the files locally to make sure they aren't corrupted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

wheres that a pic of rich?

yeah the file is grand, i converted it to a PDF this time round just so it's not exactly the same as last time where it just wouldn't work again. still 85% confident of failure third time round as well.

'Please note that the IEC team was unable to open your second proof of payment upload. Please resubmit it through "MyMessages".'

definition of frustration that right there folks.

has anyone had joy resubmitting through mymessages? it's the flakiest attachment interface ive ever seen. i called it two days ago in this thread. it doesnt work!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

The bike bridge looks class, also pedestrian cross on each side :D, i will get a cheap second bike over id say :D

Oh wow, is that Calgary? I cant wait for the outdoorsy life in Canada! Definitely pick something basic up to get started, you wont need anything fancy for getting from A to B.

you all verified these days GDG?

• Advertisement

Oh no, I sort of sent you wrong mate-I did the same.:( I resent my additional info in the email text box section as well as an attachment this morning. Fingers crossed for some luck today now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I'll will deffo be getting a bike over there. So handy partic in town and the like. I'll not bring one with cos that'd be a fair amount of hassle methinks. Get a second hand one over there no bothers and away ya go. They big on their helmets and the likes over there I'd say! Last time I was on a bike was like donkey's ago. I think I was about 12 or maybe younger. Coming down a hill, brakes failed and I got hit by a car!

you all verified these days GDG?

No! More candles to be lit for us

Oh no, I sort of sent you wrong mate-I did the same.:( I resent my additional info in the email text box section as well as an attachment. Fingers crossed for some look today now

you didnt send anything wrong GDG, it's the awful interface. like i was saying in this thread at the time it doesn't have an attach button after you 'Browse' to chose the file, neither does it auto attach like with a gmail attachment. In all my years of attaching the **** out of things i have never seen such an uninspiring interface. i really feel like hopping my head off the wall at this stage.

has anyone successfully submitted a pic through 'mymessages'?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Saw a few people were talking about the driving license earlier, I was told that simply upgrading your license to a global one makes you able to drive in Canada, any truth to this?

I have a full license!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

you didnt send anything wrong GDG, it's the awful interface. like i was saying in this thread at the time it doesn't have an attach button after you 'Browse' to chose the file, neither does it auto attach like with a gmail attachment. In all my years of attaching the **** out of things i have never seen such an uninspiring interface. i really feel like hopping my head off the wall at this stage.

has anyone successfully submitted a pic through 'mymessages'?

I was asked to send additional proof through 'my messages' and attached jpg files to the mail but youre right, it doesnt give an option to attach after browse... and when you check your sent messages there is no attachment there either.. it just shows the text of your email... however Ive since been verified so the attachment is there somewhere... what type of file are you loading?

i was using JPEG the first two attempts. Converted it to PDF there, hoping for more joy seeing as that's the format of all the correspondence.

Yep sorry was jpeg not jpg :) ye they were just standard ones.. so many people seem to be having problems with different aspects of the application... so frustrating.. just think of how great it will be when we finally get to Canada! :)

hell im just thinking bout how great it will be when i get to verified

You will get there.. best of luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CBCB2

Sorry I should have clarified that earlier, I am intending on going over and buying a car.

As far as I know an International driving licence is good for a year and as long as it is in date you can hire a car no problem. I was talking to an insurance company a few months back and they said that they could insure me on my Irish & international licence for up to 6 months but that after that I would need a Canadian Licence. I was told I would struggle to find anyone that would insure me on an Irish licence any longer.

So my comments about the licence were more to do with getting insurance for owning a car than the period covered by the licence!

I'm hoping to move to Ontario so it was there only that I have been looking up. It was only one insurance company I was talking to. I figured I'd ask on here and suss it out more when I got there.

Other thing I have found out from Canadian's I know is that insurance is crazy expensive over there! Most people pay $300 a month minimum! Just to warn you!

I was told I'd be looking at $5-6k without a Canadian licence but if I got a Canadian licence that might reduce!

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

No! More candles to be lit for us

I thought you would have got sorted by now GDG. Candle lit especially for you again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭saggart26

CBCB2 wrote: »
    Sorry I should have clarified that earlier, I am intending on going over and buying a car.

As far as I know an International driving licence is good for a year and as long as it is in date you can hire a car no problem. I was talking to an insurance company a few months back and they said that they could insure me on my Irish & international licence for up to 6 months but that after that I would need a Canadian Licence. I was told I would struggle to find anyone that would insure me on an Irish licence any longer.

So my comments about the licence were more to do with getting insurance for owning a car than the period covered by the licence!

I'm hoping to move to Ontario so it was there only that I have been looking up. It was only one insurance company I was talking to. I figured I'd ask on here and suss it out more when I got there.

Other thing I have found out from Canadian's I know is that insurance is crazy expensive over there! Most people pay $300 a month minimum! Just to warn you!

I was told I'd be looking at $5-6k without a Canadian licence but if I got a Canadian licence that might reduce!

Insurance is reasonable, i got mine for $700 and for the entirity of my international licence.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭CBCB2

Really? What part of the country are you in?

That's what I was told looking at moving to Niagara in Ontario. All the better if it's cheaper!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

i was using JPEG the first two attempts. Converted it to PDF there, hoping for more joy seeing as that's the format of all the correspondence.
    I was in the same boat aswell but have been verified.

I used pdf file and it worked

cheers for the info pal, fingers crossed now with the PDF

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

wendydoll wrote: »
    I thought you would have got sorted by now GDG. Candle lit especially for you again :D

Can i get a candle aswell please :D . Pulling my hair out ha

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭celticwe

cheers for the info pal, fingers crossed now with the PDF
    I didnt think the attachment sent either,but it did.

You'll be grand trust me:)

• Registered Users Posts: 26 anntonettec

Anybody onto the MYCIC stage and having issues with signing the forms and uploading?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

i take it you got the my iec letter?:D do you have to print sign and load back up? is there instructions?:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement