Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

My Kompass account is bein a complete twat!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

i am haveing problems logging in to it to lostonehelpme:o

I dont feel so alone anymore. Maybe there tryin to get our conditional letters up for us :)

hope so dude i am rearing to go:D there going through the process quick enough:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26 anntonettec

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    i take it you got the my iec letter?:D do you have to print sign and load back up? is there instructions?:D

I got the conditional acceptance letter and now I'm onto the CIC part. There's no instructions and it's kind of messy! The application forms you have to fill out on the CIC don't allow for you to sign them but it states that you use online signature. It's strange! But they've added an update to say they are having technical difficulties so maybe that's why.

• Advertisement

Yeah im gonna take my time on stage two im gonna double check, triple check etc to make sure everything is right! No panic for stage two

I got the conditional acceptance letter and now I'm onto the CIC part. There's no instructions and it's kind of messy! The application forms you have to fill out on the CIC don't allow for you to sign them but it states that you use online signature. It's strange! But they've added an update to say they are having technical difficulties so maybe that's why.

Take your time and dont rush through it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Im getting an error when I try to use the website now. Chrome is telling me their security certificate cannot be trusted. :confused:
    Anyone else getting that or are your problems just not being able to login?

edit:restarted chrome and everything seems alright :phew:

Take your time and dont rush through it :)

Yeah I guess we're in now, anyway!! :) Have you got onto stage 2 yet?

Yeah I guess we're in now, anyway!! :) Have you got onto stage 2 yet?

No im still waiting for the letter just gotta be patient:)

Assasin im having login problems on my ordinary browser so the sites havin problems again, not too worry

• Advertisement

no not that many are on stage 2 yet your in the select few group:P

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

After the payment is verified do we just hang tough until they ask us for more or do we need to do anything?

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    no not that many are on stage 2 yet your in the select few group:P

Maybe because I'm already in Canada

Agro Head wrote: »
    After the payment is verified do we just hang tough until they ask us for more or do we need to do anything?

I just waited and then got the message of the conditional acceptance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 TCH

These forms are so confusing! Are we supposed to print, sign and scan or just type our name in the signiture space?! Also does anybody know the easiest way to create a PDF file for uploading CVs, passport scans and stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

TCH wrote: »
    These forms are so confusing! Are we supposed to print, sign and scan or just type our name in the signiture space?! Also does anybody know the easiest way to create a PDF file for uploading CVs, passport scans and stuff?

To the best of my knowledge you just go file save as pdf.

I'm having the same issue! After you validate it says that if you're applying online you can sign the forms electronically after you finish uploading the documents but I'm not sure how to validate the family one and also why there's no space for siblings :/

It says they accept word documents so I just went with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

CBCB2 wrote: »
    Sorry I should have clarified that earlier, I am intending on going over and buying a car.

As far as I know an International driving licence is good for a year and as long as it is in date you can hire a car no problem. I was talking to an insurance company a few months back and they said that they could insure me on my Irish & international licence for up to 6 months but that after that I would need a Canadian Licence. I was told I would struggle to find anyone that would insure me on an Irish licence any longer.

So my comments about the licence were more to do with getting insurance for owning a car than the period covered by the licence!

I'm hoping to move to Ontario so it was there only that I have been looking up. It was only one insurance company I was talking to. I figured I'd ask on here and suss it out more when I got there.

Other thing I have found out from Canadian's I know is that insurance is crazy expensive over there! Most people pay $300 a month minimum! Just to warn you!

I was told I'd be looking at $5-6k without a Canadian licence but if I got a Canadian licence that might reduce!

I'm here on my irish license and also working in Insurance, look up Intact they will insure you on your Irish & International till the date it expires, and also you can just apply again for your international and get new insurance again so there are a few loop holes. We looked into get AB driver licenses and it is a pricey adventure and you have to surrender your Irish license!

My preimum is $1100 so don't be scaring others if you come with a claims experience letter or no claims bonus letter they will give you your experience and you pay the price for the experience you have. I'm in Alberta so if anyone needs insurance PM me!

I'm having the same issue! After you validate it says that if you're applying online you can sign the forms electronically after you finish uploading the documents but I'm not sure how to validate the family one and also why there's no space for siblings :/

It says they accept word documents so I just went with that.
    Yeah the family form is a weird one. the second page of it under instructions says if your country isnt listed above you must complete the additional family info IMM5645 instead and Ireland isnt on the list of countries?! So very confused now.

Yeah the family form is a weird one. the second page of it under instructions says if your country isnt listed above you must complete the additional family info IMM5645 instead and Ireland isnt on the list of countries?! So very confused now.

Yeah, it's so annoying! I hope they are just having problems and will have it sorted soon. I emailed them but haven't gotten a response yet

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's so annoying! I hope they are just having problems and will have it sorted soon. I emailed them but haven't gotten a response yet
    oh will ya let me know if they reply to ya? dont wanna make any mistakes this time around. Last year send my stuff off on the closing day, they rejected me cuz apparently one of the barcodes couldnt be read. Was gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

So could take a week or two for your letter of conditional acceptance to come in your Kompass messages after verification?

This process is such a nerve racking one! Way better visa than the OZ whv but definetley harder to obtain.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Lucky fckers, I'm still waiting on the acceptance letter. C'mon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

i was using JPEG the first two attempts. Converted it to PDF there, hoping for more joy seeing as that's the format of all the correspondence.

I sent Jpg the first time, they couldn't view it either. The second attempt I sent as a pdf, so if they can't view that I don't know what they want!

I resent the pdf Saturday through my messages, still waiting reply. If they reply to me telling me to upload again I think I will either scream or cry! :mad:

Is it just a standard Passport picture they are lookin for where it says Digital Photo does anybody know?

no its a digital photo ha it gives the size it has to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mossywolf

Anyone else still waiting to be verified for payment?

I've heard nothing and its been a week!I know about the 10 days thing, but it seems a bit long to say "okay" or "not good enough", to one email attachment.

To all those already into stage 2... you are lucky mofos!

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭underthetides

Mossywolf wrote: »
    Anyone else still waiting to be verified for payment?

I've heard nothing and its been a week!I know about the 10 days thing, but it seems a bit long to say "okay" or "not good enough", to one email attachment.

To all those already into stage 2... you are lucky mofos!

I am still waiting to be verified. I submitted additional proof of payment last THURSDAY and I am still waiting!!!

Would they have gotten back to me if this additional proof wasn't enough? I am totally in limbo, they are ignoring my emails yet they won't verify me either.

Thinking I'm gonna go into the Embassy tomorrow morning. Doubt they can do much but the deadline is Friday and the IEC just won't get in touch with me - what more can I do?!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

oh will ya let me know if they reply to ya? dont wanna make any mistakes this time around. Last year send my stuff off on the closing day, they rejected me cuz apparently one of the barcodes couldnt be read. Was gutted.

What do you mean barcodes couldn't be read? Surely that would be their fault no!?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mossywolf

I am still waiting to be verified. I submitted additional proof of payment last THURSDAY and I am still waiting!!!

Would they have gotten back to me if this additional proof wasn't enough? I am totally in limbo, they are ignoring my emails yet they won't verify me either.

Thinking I'm gonna go into the Embassy tomorrow morning. Doubt they can do much but the deadline is Friday and the IEC just won't get in touch with me - what more can I do?!

Ya its a bit disconcerting when they haven't replied, I don't even know if i gave insufficient proof, I sent it last Wednesday and have got nothing back.I did email on Monday, but got nothing there either.It seems kind of crazy that so many people have now gone onto the next stage there are folk who still haven't been contacted about their payments.Going to the embassy isnt an option for me since I am working in Canada right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement