Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Adam We

People who have wrote to the IEC re problems, what have you found to be the best way to get in contact with them, like which email address or using My Messages, or over Facebook??

And what kind of timeline was it before you got replied to?

My friend's application got rejected because the bank clerk put wrong account details in when sending the wire.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭underthetides

Adam We wrote: »
    People who have wrote to the IEC re problems, what have you found to be the best way to get in contact with them, like which email address or using My Messages, or over Facebook??

My friend's application got rejected because the bank clerk put wrong account details in when sending the wire.

They won't respond to my messages via Kompass, and when I tried to contact them via the email address on the IEC website I was told the only way to contact the IEC is via my messages!! Argh!!

Mossywolf, I totally agree, it's incredibly unfair seeing some people move forward with others totally in the dark! My boyfriend for example both applied initially, paid and verified at the same time as me and I am still waiting validation while he got verified a week ago! I don't usually worry about things like this but I am up the walls!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

well they did say it will take up to 10 days to be verified in faireness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mossywolf

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    well they did say it will take up to 10 days to be verified in faireness

1 day for some 10 for others, then more into the third stage and leave others at the first stage, haha.I guess its potluck, but I had to go through about 5 months of this crap last year, and was hoping for a smoother time this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Winnieacre

Verified!
    For those of you concerned about payment via BOI online - my son submitted proof of payment at 1pm last Wednesday, verified this evening at 5.45pm.

No contact/questions in the meantime. His WTN is 4000+

W

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Oh wow, is that Calgary? I cant wait for the outdoorsy life in Canada! Definitely pick something basic up to get started, you wont need anything fancy for getting from A to B.

Ya it is, it is Calgary bike bridge! Ya same, the outdoor will breath taking to comparing to here :P. Aw ya defo, once its good and ready to go, it will me get A-B and no petrol at all :D!

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    wheres that a pic of rich?

That is the Calgary bike bridge dude :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

ha nice one lad great ta see:D

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

on stage 2 when filling out the family information form how did ye manage to upload it when you can't save information typed into it? i downloaded it to my desktop but still can't save the info then, i done the same with the other form but could save it and uploaded it then is this the right way to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Ya it is, it is Calgary bike bridge! Ya same, the outdoor will breath taking to comparing to here :P. Aw ya defo, once its good and ready to go, it will me get A-B and no petrol at all :D!

Some amazing pics of Calgary on d net, can't wait! Nice to see there will be some Irish fly in about!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Almost a week and my payment still hasn't been verified! :(

ladybird23 wrote: »
    Some amazing pics of Calgary on d net, can't wait! Nice to see there will be some Irish fly in about!

Ya there sure is, ya i am like this at the moment :D and when i am there it will be like:D:cool::pac: cant belive im here, roll on the good times :D

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Lads I just logged into my IEC and it says my "IEC assessment" is verified but I got no email? Anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

WasterEx wrote: »
    Lads I just logged into my IEC and it says my "IEC assessment" is verified but I got no email? Anyone else?

my email took an hour or so to come through after it said verified on my account so hold tough and it will come through now that it says verified on your account

mine doesnt say it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Adam We

Adam We wrote: »

Anyone else wanna try answer this?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

Tbh I'm relieved there are still a few others not verified yet.

I took a break from hitting refresh repeatedly on the kompass account to go for a run and somehow I feel much better now!

I really think it'll all be Ok for us. We have all paid before the date required and worry is getting me nowhere.

/warning. ... panic may return at any time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mossywolf

sparkle_23 wrote: »
    Almost a week and my payment still hasn't been verified! :(

Dont worry, I am in the same boat.I paid at roughly this time last week and have not had a single communication from them.I think there are still quite a few who are in this position.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mairemoo

Mossywolf wrote: »
    Dont worry, I am in the same boat.I paid at roughly this time last week and have not had a single communication from them.I think there are still quite a few who are in this position.

Yes I am also on that same boat! I feel a lot better that I'm not alone! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Phew! That's good to know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭AlanMc86

Hi All,

You know in the CIC part where it states the family information form it says at the bottom IMM5707

INSTRUCTIONS
    Who needs to fill out this application form?
    This form mus be completed by.
    * Each person, 18 years of age or older, or
    * A minor (less than 18 years of age) travelling alone, and
    * be a passport holder from one of the following countries
    Argentina
    Brazil
    Malaysia
    Russia
    Saudi Arabia
    South Africa
    Now the part that really has me confused
    If you require a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) and your passport is not from one of the countries listed above, you must complete the Additional Family Information Form IMM 5645 instead.

So which one are we filling out?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

Aaaaaah after almost 8 days. .. I've finally been VERIFIED. Thanks to all the other canada bound boardsies who kept me sane!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

Yeah, me too dude. All fine I'm sure.;):cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GREG2010DUBLIN

Just got acceptance myself email now , WTN was under 200.

We are pleased to inform you that you meet the eligibility requirements of the International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative for citizens of Ireland. This conditional acceptance is valid until 2013-08-05. This letter alone does not allow you to enter Canada.

You must now begin Stage 2 of the application process: Immigration Assessment, to determine your eligibility for a work permit and admissibility to Canada. Stage 2 must be successfully completed before you travel to Canada and begin your participation.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jj1787

Heading to toronto in a few months and looking to get a uk licence so i can do a straight swap over there for a canadian one. Currently hold a full irish licence and have an address in the uk so all i need to do is apply for the uk licence via the d1 application however it would require me to send my passport which i dont want to do incase anything happened to it as my deadline to enter canada is up soon and the hassle it could cause with my visa. So does anyone know if the uk dvla will accept the new eu driving licence instead of the irish passport. It already says that they accept eu national identity cards or valid passports, would the new irish driving licence class as a national identity card????

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Aaaaaah after almost 8 days. .. I've finally been VERIFIED. Thanks to all the other canada bound boardsies who kept me sane!

Great news, was a very long wait for u , now for another wait! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

DodoByrne wrote: »
    Yeah, me too dude. All fine I'm sure.;):cool:

Any luck yet? I'm still waiting :/

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

I think you drove the rest of us insane:p Congrats;)

Congrats, big relief isnt it :D, roll on stage 2 and then roll on the good times :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Congrats! I told ya so! Patience is the key.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement