Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Aaaaaah after almost 8 days. .. I've finally been VERIFIED. Thanks to all the other canada bound boardsies who kept me sane!

I'm only on day 6 so I guess I shouldn't panic yet! :D:o:o *Must not check email...must not check email*

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JennyCass

Hey all - Im currently in canada, just got my conditional acceptance letter - but im having problems with the "come to canada" question portion for stage 2. It asks where you are currently residing, which is canada, and then after a few more questions (one of which is if i have a job offer, which i dont as my current position expires in june) tells me im not eligible. I tried putting in Ireland for where im currently residing (obviously a lie) and it then tells me that im eligible for the IEC participation.

Is anyone else in canada having this problem? Anyone heard anything about how to answer the "currently residing where" questions?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

What happens if you put in that you do have a current job offer Jenny?

It says im eligible but its not through for the IEC and that i need to supply a letter of offer - which i dont have and i dont know if i will get my contract extended past june anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 eight8

On stage 2 when everything is filled out there is tab stating "Payment" - does anyone know how much this costs off hand! Was never aware there were additional fees plus the visa??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

what **** really is there another payment?:(

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    what **** really is there another payment?:(

Ye exactly my feelings too... I have everything uploaded and next stage is pay for work permit... ???

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mossywolf wrote: »
    Anyone else still waiting to be verified for payment?

I've heard nothing and its been a week!I know about the 10 days thing, but it seems a bit long to say "okay" or "not good enough", to one email attachment.

To all those already into stage 2... you are lucky mofos!

Im in the same boat :(

jeez dats kind of a sly move:/ does it not say how much?:( is it due when you get granted or now i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Yeah lads there's a fee for participating in the IEC and obviously a fee for the actual visa. Times is tough :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

WasterEx wrote: »
    Yeah lads there's a fee for participating in the IEC and obviously a fee for the actual visa. Times is tough :pac:

So there's the €120 and how much is the second payment? Some dose!!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Oh no more payments? I suppose have to provide proof again... the sooner this application process is over the better!!

thats a bit stupid sure there was only one fee last year?:D haha there cleaning up on this soo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Lad's don't panic. On some fb pages I am on the IEC rep has said that there is NO other payment for IEC apps

yea thats for iec but what about a fee for the CIC ?:Dhahah that kind of rhymes:D

Wonder why the last section on Stage 2 is pay fee but there's nothing on MyCIC informing participants of extra fee... This is gonna put ppl back days if not weeks now!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

evan2509 wrote: »
    So there's the €120 and how much is the second payment? Some dose!!

Yeah, not sure how much the other fee is, hopefully it ain't to much!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

I can see that also right now. A fee of $150 right?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

OK SO IVE BEING PASSED ONTO STAGE 2
    IVE MY CIC ACCOUNT SET UP BOUT 2WEEKS
    so here goes

When you initiate your work permit application with CIC, you will be assigned a work permit file number. Please submit this number to your IEC-Kompass account. To do so, log on to your IEC-Kompass account and complete the CIC File Number form, which is available under the “My IEC Application” section. Failure to submit the CIC File Number to IEC-Kompass may result in a delay in processing your IEC application.

here the problem. i had number wrote down off cic account but i had bits of paper everwhere so i wrote them all on one page but not cic number
    think its in green bin ahhhhhh
    anyone know where too find in in ur cic account,glad i didnt put bin out last week ,

WasterEx wrote: »

Yeah, not sure how much the other fee is, hopefully it ain't to much!

After a bit of Googling, it seems to be $150 which is €110 but that is not confirmed or anything so I have sent a message to CIC to get confirmation on payment just to be sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Watching news tonight makes this visa even more precious. Hope my payment is verified soon

Hey all - posted this a bit ago - just wanted to ask again and see if anyone currently in canada and reapplying having this issue???

Hey all - Im currently in canada, just got my conditional acceptance letter - but im having problems with the "come to canada" question portion for stage 2. It asks where you are currently residing, which is canada, and then after a few more questions (one of which is if i have a job offer, which i dont as my current position expires in june) tells me im not eligible. I tried putting in Ireland for where im currently residing (obviously a lie) and it then tells me that im eligible for the IEC participation.

Is anyone else in canada having this problem? Anyone heard anything about how to answer the "currently residing where" questions?!?!

didn't seem it muff wat was on it?:D more doom and gloom? wont it be soo strange to watch the news and not hear **** about the banks and nama:D i cannt wait:D haha

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

From My CIC - Anyone else getting this?

Step 4: Pay your fees
    After you have electronically signed your application, you will be asked to pay your fees. Your fees must be made with a credit card. You will be required to provide credit card information to complete your payment. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and certain prepaid credit cards.

Once you have paid your fee, your application will be automatically submitted to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and you will receive a confirmation page. You should print this page for your records.

let us no how much it is spiderlfc will ya when you find out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

Muffinman1 wrote: »
    Watching news tonight makes this visa even more precious. Hope my payment is verified soon

was just saying the same myself! my payment is verified but waiting for next stage, its all so nerve wracking esp with the country getting worse and worse!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 anntonettec

Spiderlfc wrote: »

After you have electronically signed your application, you will be asked to pay your fees. Your fees must be made with a credit card. You will be required to provide credit card information to complete your payment. We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express and certain prepaid credit cards.

Once you have paid your fee, your application will be automatically submitted to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and you will receive a confirmation page. You should print this page for your records.

Have you gone past filling out the application form? I'm having terrible issues validating and the same with the family document

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

Muffinman1 wrote: »

why what did they say on the news??

doom and gloom i would imagine or else the world is ending if that's the case does not really matter where we are ha:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Spiderlfc wrote: »

Another payment is a bit ridiculous but I suppose on d bright side we can pay by credit card :-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement