Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

JennyCas

Hi,

I didn't have this issue as originally I didn't fill out the questionnaire. I bypassed this using my sin number and filled out the ‘Coming to Canada questionnaire’ along the way.

Do you have the origial conttract that your work gave you? It must say that it's vaid until June 2013? Use that?

I do have a job offer, well it’s until my visa expires in March so I am just putting that and my original letter in.

Try and set the MY CIC account without using the questionnaire, I remember someone else having the same issue as yourself.

That’s the way I did it anyway. I am at the upload of documents section now

It's $150

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ladybird23

Spiderlfc wrote: »
    It's $150

So basically we paid the IEC 120 to process one tiny little application?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 anntonettec

Does anybody know how yo upload the family information form, as we cannot save it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Lads as said before the IEC rep has said on FB that we do NOT need to pay a second time. How that works exactly I don't know (not got conditional acceptance myself yet) but she said nope no second payment. The €120 we paid is it.

JennyCas - some people have been saying for the come to can wizard put down Ireland for where you are now not Can and it'l come right. Not sure how true this is though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 JennyCass

Thanks Spiderlfc - i would do it that way but it doesnt show up that its through the IEC so im a little wary.

Hdowney - i think i might just do that and see what happens - Is there any way of checking this with the IEC rep on FB? i tried to find the their FB page but couldnt!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Still didn't get an email for the acceptance letter. What's up with that?...

Anyone tell me where the 'Come to Canada Quetionaaire' is located?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

JennyCass wrote: »
    Thanks Spiderlfc - i would do it that way but it doesnt show up that its through the IEC so im a little wary.

Hdowney - i think i might just do that and see what happens - Is there any way of checking this with the IEC rep on FB? i tried to find the their FB page but couldnt!

messaged you

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

PROBLEM
    OK SO IVE BEING PASSED ONTO STAGE 2
    IVE MY CIC ACCOUNT SET UP BOUT 2WEEKS
    so here goes

When you initiate your work permit application with CIC, you will be assigned a work permit file number. Please submit this number to your IEC-Kompass account. To do so, log on to your IEC-Kompass account and complete the CIC File Number form, which is available under the “My IEC Application” section. Failure to submit the CIC File Number to IEC-Kompass may result in a delay in processing your IEC application.

here the problem. i had number wrote down off cic account but i had bits of paper everwhere so i wrote them all on one page but not cic number
    think its in green bin ahhhhhh
    anyone know where too find in in ur cic account,glad i didnt put bin out last week ,ANYONE ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 nmafox

Myself and my boyfriend both paid and scanned on proof of payment on Wednesday afternoon. So thats a week ago. mine has been verified but my boyfriends hasnt. Should we be worrying. I know the turn around time is 10 days but there are people here saying they paid on Sunday and their payment has been verified

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

hdowney wrote: »
    Lads as said before the IEC rep has said on FB that we do NOT need to pay a second time. How that works exactly I don't know (not got conditional acceptance myself yet) but she said nope no second payment. The €120 we paid is it.

JennyCas - some people have been saying for the come to can wizard put down Ireland for where you are now not Can and it'l come right. Not sure how true this is though

yeh I think for other documents like temporary resident visa, or trying to get permanent residence etc. you have to pay. They use this CIC site for all these types of applications, therefore if we taking part in IEC, we have already paid.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/fees.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

nmafox wrote: »
    Myself and my boyfriend both paid and scanned on proof of payment on Wednesday afternoon. So thats a week ago. mine has been verified but my boyfriends hasnt. Should we be worrying. I know the turn around time is 10 days but there are people here saying they paid on Sunday and their payment has been verified

i paid Thursday, was asked Saturday to reupload payment, still waiting.

Maybe in this part of the questionnaire?

There are fees associated with this application. Will you be paying your fees or are you fee exempt?

Yes, I will be paying my application fees. No, I am exempt from paying fees for this application.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Just wondering how do I find the IEC facebook page?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

AlanMc86 wrote: »
    Hi All,

You know in the CIC part where it states the family information form it says at the bottom IMM5707

INSTRUCTIONS
    Who needs to fill out this application form?
    This form mus be completed by.
    * Each person, 18 years of age or older, or
    * A minor (less than 18 years of age) travelling alone, and
    * be a passport holder from one of the following countries
    Argentina
    Brazil
    Malaysia
    Russia
    Saudi Arabia
    South Africa
    Now the part that really has me confused
    If you require a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) and your passport is not from one of the countries listed above, you must complete the Additional Family Information Form IMM 5645 instead.

So which one are we filling out?

It's pretty self-explanatory :). We are not getting a temporary residency visa (that's different to the IEC). So just fill out 5707 and ignore the other one!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Princessamzs

Guys, I haven't got my conditional acceptance letter yet but I did complete the cic questionnaire. In it it told me all I needed was my conditional letter of acceptance, cv, passport, pics and garda cert. Under the part where it say anything about payment it said $0. I don't know why it is asking you for $150 dollars but I don't think that is right. I think the €120 you have paid covers everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Spiderlfc wrote: »
    JennyCas

Hi,

I didn't have this issue as originally I didn't fill out the questionnaire. I bypassed this using my sin number and filled out the ‘Coming to Canada questionnaire’ along the way.

Do you have the origial conttract that your work gave you? It must say that it's vaid until June 2013? Use that?

I do have a job offer, well it’s until my visa expires in March so I am just putting that and my original letter in.

Try and set the MY CIC account without using the questionnaire, I remember someone else having the same issue as yourself.

That’s the way I did it anyway. I am at the upload of documents section now

I'm in the same situation as Jenny.

Don't really understand you? If you could run me through it mate it'd be awesome. I know there's a good few on here with the same prob

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ballybreen

Guys I believe there's no payment for stage 2. Total $0 i.e nadda. I'm sure you do have to make a payment for a work permit when solely going through cic with a job offer in canada, but as we're doing the IEC visas the first payment of €120 is the only payment needed. Me hopes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

PROBLEM
    OK SO IVE BEING PASSED ONTO STAGE 2
    IVE MY CIC ACCOUNT SET UP BOUT 2WEEKS
    so here goes

When you initiate your work permit application with CIC, you will be assigned a work permit file number. Please submit this number to your IEC-Kompass account. To do so, log on to your IEC-Kompass account and complete the CIC File Number form, which is available under the “My IEC Application” section. Failure to submit the CIC File Number to IEC-Kompass may result in a delay in processing your IEC application.

here the problem. i had number wrote down off cic account but i had bits of paper everwhere so i wrote them all on one page but not cic number
    think its in green bin ahhhhhh
    anyone know where too find in in ur cic account,glad i didnt put bin out last week ,ANYONE ?

Are you sure you're not thinking of the account no. you got from the IEC. Pretty sure I did't get one from the CIC. My understanding of that part of the conditional acceptance letter is that its a number we'll be given on uploading our CIC applications.
    I really don't remember getting a number off CIC and have nothing written in my diary apart from my WTN and the IEC account number.
    Can anyone correct or verify this???

• Advertisement

DodoByrne wrote: »
    Are you sure you're not thinking of the account no. you got from the IEC. Pretty sure I did't get one from the CIC. My understanding of that part of the conditional acceptance letter is that its a number we'll be given on uploading our CIC applications.
    I really don't remember getting a number off CIC and have nothing written in my diary apart from my WTN and the IEC account number.
    Can anyone correct or verify this???

I didn't get a CIC number either, logged in to check for a number but can't see any. Plus it's not something they'd give out the once you'd think.

This is the wording in the letter.

"WHEN you initiate your work permit application with CIC, you WILL be assigned a work permit file number."

Please read things carefully. I am following this thread for the good of my health. :D
    Not as a freak out exercise.
    If you look at the part of the IEC account they say you need to enter the CIC number..... there is none.
    Don't jump to the worst conclusion folks. :D

Think I'll start my own Canadian IEC ChilloutThread.

Questionnaire
    Have you visited or lived any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?

If you're a resident in Ireland and have been here for the last year what's the answer to this question?
    Cause i checked the list of countries and Ireland's listed but if you state your answer yes, it indicates you may need a medical but on the list it says no medical required for Ireland. Confused!

I'm not looking to work in a profession that requires a medical anyway.

"WHEN you initiate your work permit application with CIC, you WILL be assigned a work permit file number."

Please read things carefully. I am following this thread for the good of my health. :D
    If you look at the part of the IEC account they say you need to enter the CIC number..... there is none.

When you have everything uploaded to CIC and validated, I'm sure that's when you initiate your work permit. CIC number should follow

theres a list of countries that are obligated to do a medical regardless of the type of jobs they may seek.
    Ireland is not on this list, but I assume if you've been in one of the countries on the list you may need a medical.
    Thats my poor understanding of that part. Have you been abroad for more than six months anywhere Ballybreen?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Dodo did you get the Conditional Acceptance Letter via email/ message yet?

theres a list of countries that are obligated to do a medical regardless of the type of jobs they may seek.
    Ireland is not on this list, but I assume if you've been in one of the countries on the list you may need a medical.
    Thats my poor understanding of that part. Have you been abroad for more than six months anywhere Ballybreen?

Not in the last year

hey WasterEx, i did. Like you it said verified before it actually came. I wouldn't really worry about it. I'm sure it will find its way to you. If you've been following this thread you'll see that the process has been littered with similar problems, all with happy endings.

Ballybreen, you should probably ask them directly about that.

"Questionnaire
    Have you visited or lived any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year? "

Although it would seem that you don't require a medical outside of reasons to do with job type.
    Going by the wording in your quote from the Questionnaire.

• Advertisement

I think the way to deal with all this is to keep cool and concentrate on the wording of all these letters etc.
    I'm sure they have gone to great efforts to word everything in such a way as to lead us logically and calmlyin the right direction.
    It shouldn't be cryptic or designed to catch us out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement