Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 IEC Ireland

Please be advised that if you are applying to International Experiece Canada you are only to pay the participation fee to IEC. There is NO second fee for Citizenship and Immigration Canada (stage 2) of the process. ~ Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 14 IEC Ireland

PLEASE NOTE: Regarding payment verification stage. If you have submitted your proof of payment and have yet to received your payment verified letter, don't be alarmed. If you have submitted your proof of payment before the 10 day deadline, as indicated in letter 01a - Notice of receipt, but we haven't got back to you we will contact you shortly. ~ Kat

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

DodoByrne wrote: »
    hey WasterEx, i did. Like you it said verified before it actually came. I wouldn't really worry about it. I'm sure it will find its way to you. If you've been following this thread you'll see that the process has been littered with similar problems, all with happy endings.

Excellent! Correct you are, cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭rusheen

PLEASE NOTE: Regarding payment verification stage. If you have submitted your proof of payment and have yet to received your payment verified letter, don't be alarmed. If you have submitted your proof of payment before the 10 day deadline, as indicated in letter 01a - Notice of receipt, but we haven't got back to you we will contact you shortly. ~ Kat

Kat , I'm in Canada now on my first IEC ,I got verified yesterday. At the next stage of IEC process will I need a Garda Clearance ?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

A question for anyone in Canada on there second year visa who has received there conditional acceptance and have moved on to part 2 i.e My CiC

When you completed the 'Come to Canada Questionnaire' did you answer -

1 - What is your country of nationality of your passport = Ireland
    2 - What is your current country of residence = Ireland or Canada?

If Canada is put in here for number 2 it directs you to a totally different section but if Ireland is put in there it asks you to upload all the required forms i.e conditional acceptance, Cv, Garda Cert etc plus there's no fee here to be paid.

The correct answer here for me if Canada but this brings me to a totally different work permit process.

Has anyone been through this or can they shed any light?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Kazkaz2

No! More candles to be lit for us

Me too please :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Spiderlfc wrote: »
    A question for anyone in Canada on there second year visa who has received there conditional acceptance and have moved on to part 2 i.e My CiC

When you completed the 'Come to Canada Questionnaire' did you answer -

1 - What is your country of nationality of your passport = Ireland
    2 - What is your current country of residence = Ireland or Canada?

If Canada is put in here for number 2 it directs you to a totally different section but if Ireland is put in there it asks you to upload all the required forms i.e conditional acceptance, Cv, Garda Cert etc plus there's no fee here to be paid.

The correct answer here for me if Canada but this brings me to a totally different work permit process.

Has anyone been through this or can they shed any light?

Thanks.

I am in Canada but haven't received a conditional acceptance yet.
    My ref/wtn is in the 2000-2100 range, would you mind telling me where in the 6350 you fall, just so I can have an idea if I'm near approval/rejection?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Cream Bun

Just checked and my payment was verified at 11.30pm last night! Yipeee :D .What happens next? Havent recieved any other messages requesting CV etc...? :)

Cream Bun wrote: »
    Just checked and my payment was verified at 11.30pm last night! Yipeee :D .What happens next? Havent recieved any other messages requesting CV etc...? :)
    Next is conditional acceptance letter, I was verified 6 days ago and haven't heard anything yet so you might want to give them a chance!

Ok Ill just wait and see so ;) Wasnt sure if I had to be doing anything. Better apply for Garda cert now! I got one last year but they have to be from the past 3 months so will have to get a new one.

• Advertisement

Ok Ill just wait and see so ;) Wasnt sure if I had to be doing anything. Better apply for Garda cert now! I got one last year but they have to be from the past 3 months so will have to get a new one.

Are you in Ireland or Canada?
    If in Ireland, yes you'll need a cert, not if you're in Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 jj1787

just out of curiosity I had a look at the iec website and it says it is no longer accepting applications for 2013. Wtf!!!! I only applied in april last year and got accepted at the end of may just before the quota was reached, how many applied this time around that its already closed.

Also there appears to be more hassle getting your second year visa, hope its better for the 2014 iec cause ill be applying to that when im in Canada next time around.

Are you in Ireland or Canada?
    If in Ireland, yes you'll need a cert, not if you're in Canada.

Im in Ireland. So will def need one. Thanks anyway :)

Anyone who has received a conditional acceptance mind telling me where in the 6350 you fall, just so I can have an idea if I'm near approval/rejection?
    I'm at the 2,000-2,100 range,

Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GREG2010DUBLIN

Roots canada, Im Under 200 WTN and only got acceptance last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Has anyone still had issues with the proof of payment?

My friend in Canada is literally at his wits end and was told to re-upload his proof and and has tried to contact the IEC again and again but still no response.

Hi deadline is the 8th so as you can tell, he is a bit stressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

jj1787 wrote: »
    just out of curiosity I had a look at the iec website and it says it is no longer accepting applications for 2013. Wtf!!!! I only applied in april last year and got accepted at the end of may just before the quota was reached, how many applied this time around that its already closed.

Also there appears to be more hassle getting your second year visa, hope its better for the 2014 iec cause ill be applying to that when im in Canada next time around.

love to know that myself! im going to Canada on my own as my friends were to slow to apply in time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

I havent received a conditional acceptance yet, but i will wait, since i sent off my for my application for the police cert tuesday, once i get that back next week, it should be all good :D!

Ive a feeling it depends on who you get. I just uploaded the little stub i got in the bank (AIB). I didnt write anything on it no WTN or anything. All it said was the bank sort code and account number and it was verified.

I can imagine the stress. But once he has corrected what they wanted it might take a while for them to re-process it and i would think once he had uploaded it originally before the payment date, he should be safe

Ive a feeling it depends on who you get. I just uploaded the little stub i got in the bank (AIB). I didnt write anything on it no WTN or anything. All it said was the bank sort code and account number and it was verified.

I can imagine the stress. But once he has corrected what they wanted it might take a while for them to re-process it and i would think once he had uploaded it originally before the payment date, he should be safe

I got A1 print out from the machine, when the lady did and i just filled in the details that a1 page didnt have, only forgot my name but it looked like it made no difference ha :D

• Advertisement

sparkle_23 wrote: »
    Just wondering how do I find the IEC facebook page?! :)

i think its iec 2012, you have to be request to join and you will be accepted, i know this since i joined it last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

DodoByrne wrote: »
    Are you sure you're not thinking of the account no. you got from the IEC. Pretty sure I did't get one from the CIC. My understanding of that part of the conditional acceptance letter is that its a number we'll be given on uploading our CIC applications.
    I really don't remember getting a number off CIC and have nothing written in my diary apart from my WTN and the IEC account number.
    Can anyone correct or verify this???

ok i did some research and i think it was personal checklist code i received , which i got when i setup my gc key card.;)

media101 wrote: »
    love to know that myself! im going to Canada on my own as my friends were to slow to apply in time :(

Dont worry dude, it is better being a solo traveler, isn't that right @just ross23 :D! Me and him and others and going our own and hoping to meet in Calgary :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Can I ask how much money people plan on bringing with them? I know we need to show $2500 but roughly how much extra are yous bringing?? :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Seems a lot are heading solo i am and i no 5 r 6 others so we will surely set up on owl boards Calgary meet once a month be a good way for newcomers that are traveling solo to not feel so alone. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

hoping to have $4.5k i wanted more but not working atm and with this having to buy 2 years travel insurance and the riseing prices of flights that's all i will have. but if your staying at a hostel and prepared to take any job and live a bit frugal i think that would be enough :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

im a girl traveling on my own so it is scary so i think ill make one of my friends come over for a holiday with me, so that way ill have help setting up. :D ... i look like :cool: but i feel :eek::confused: lol

• Registered Users Posts: 19,175 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Anyone who paid by cash in AIB, what do you use for the reference number when sending proof of payment?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Cool, Ill prob be round the same as well.. when you thinking of heading over?? I'll happily work at anything at the start just to get settled etc :)

• Advertisement

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Seems a lot are heading solo i am and i no 5 r 6 others so we will surely set up on owl boards Calgary meet once a month be a good way for newcomers that are traveling solo to not feel so alone. :D

That sounds like a great idea dude, i think also the way to meet other people will be what i am doing is going to try and get back into GAA and join their club over, they are called the Calgary Chieftains, great way to socialize with people i think :D
    Chieftains%20Crest.jpg?height=200&width=161

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement