Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

media101 wrote: »
    im a girl traveling on my own so it is scary so i think ill make one of my friends come over for a holiday with me, so that way ill have help setting up. :D ... i look like :cool: but i feel :eek::confused: lol

hey, what part are you heading to? its just me and my boyfriend travelling over and were both a dit dazed but the whole thing! Dont know where to start!!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

im a girl traveling on my own so it is scary so i think ill make one of my friends come over for a holiday with me, so that way ill have help setting up. :D ... i look like :cool: but i feel :eek::confused: lol

My bad, didnt know :rolleyes:, ah you will be fine as everyone is in the same boat :D, i am like :( but once i am over and set up :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

That sounds like a great idea dude, i think also the way to meet other people will be what i am doing is going to try and get back into GAA and join their club over, they are called the Calgary Chieftains, great way to socialize with people i think :D
    Chieftains%20Crest.jpg?height=200&width=161

i am smoking 40 fags a day now i plan to give these up and make a return even if its just for the exercise and as you said the craic is mighty even just for the training:D

del777 wrote: »
    Can I ask how much money people plan on bringing with them? I know we need to show $2500 but roughly how much extra are yous bringing?? :):)

im bring a good bit more then 5k euro, i have seperate money for the flights and health insurance :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

I'm dying to get to this next stage, wish they would hurry up and email me. Cant wait to leave this place heads fried!!

Got verified last sat night so i suppose its just a waiting game :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

end of march or start of april really depends when get the visa:D what about ye?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

That sounds like a great idea dude, i think also the way to meet other people will be what i am doing is going to try and get back into GAA and join their club over, they are called the Calgary Chieftains, great way to socialize with people i think :D
    Chieftains%20Crest.jpg?height=200&width=161
    yeah thats what im gonna do, im going over solo meself, thats the one thing i'll miss about home hurling, they have a lovely crest!

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    i am smoking 40 fags a day now i plan to give these up and make a return even if its just for the exercise and as you said the craic is mighty even just for the training:D

Jeaus really? Thank god i never got addicted to them nasty thing they aint :cool: but hey everyone to their own :D! Good for smoking in smoking places in clubs for more reasons then one :o. ah good exercise and training and to meet more irish and job chances, the pitch is near the airport haha

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Mcjmetroid

I have seen that the Canadian Visas have been closed by everyone
    without a WTN number. This is highly unfortunate for me as I have
    spent hundreds on a third party vender and now the application has
    been closed. I have signed up for my Kompass account about 3 weeks ago
    and was only waiting for my Irish Passport to be renewed to finish
    this off.

It is due to arrive tomorrow. I am asking for my options here, I had
    no idea they would run out so fast.
    Is there nothing I can do here? Will more placements be offered due to
    the high demand?Caan i go on a waiting list.
    Am I eligible for the Skilled workers Visa, as I have been employed by
    an IT company for the past year?

I would really appreciate any assistance here. im gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Gintonious wrote: »
    Has anyone still had issues with the proof of payment?

My friend in Canada is literally at his wits end and was told to re-upload his proof and and has tried to contact the IEC again and again but still no response.

Hi deadline is the 8th so as you can tell, he is a bit stressed.

Anyone have any suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

hey, what part are you heading to? its just me and my boyfriend travelling over and were both a dit dazed but the whole thing! Dont know where to start!!

im heading to Calgary in oct, will deffo have to meet everyone for a few beers when i arrive :D

Jeaus really? Thank god i never got addicted to them nasty thing they aint :cool: but hey everyone to their own :D! Good for smoking in smoking places in clubs for more reasons then one :o. ah good exercise and training and to meet more irish and job chances, the pitch is near the airport haha

Thats what working in an underground mine will do to ya:o:rolleyes: yea the only time you want to be smoking is in a nightclub and purely there is a reason for that;):D

end of march or start of april really depends when get the visa:D what about ye?:D

Were hoping to go the first week in June... all depending on the visa as well and I have to give plenty of notice for my job... cant wait to get out of this country!!!

im heading to Calgary in oct, will deffo have to meet everyone for a few beers when i arrive :D
    Seems alot are heading to Calgary... were thinking Toronto ourselves...

well i have no job atm:( the underground mines are no more:( haha so as soon as i get the loi i will book the flight for 2 weeks from that date and get backing and get sessioning with the mates before i go:D

yea i no there seems to be a lot don't know if that's a good thing or not;)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

Were hoping to go the first week in June... all depending on the visa as well and I have to give plenty of notice for my job... cant wait to get out of this country!!!

ya id go tomorr if i could but im in a contract till end of sept

Mcjmetroid ... that really sucks for you, there is a thread about go4less and a good few are in the same boat as you, read over it i think some are talking about legal action. i dont think they will release any more visas till next year

Good plan!! have you ever been travelling before??

yeah im heading to Calgary hopefully around April/ May, if I get the visa :D

if thats for me no never although i did spend a bit of time in nyc and upstate in mountalk but its best not to talk about that;) i was with friends that occasion :D

• Advertisement

ya id go tomorr if i could but im in a contract till end of sept

Mcjmetroid ... that really sucks for you, there is a thread about go4less and a good few are in the same boat as you, read over it i think some are talking about legal action. i dont think they will release any more visas till next year

im on contract too until October but the contract says I have to give one weeks notuice if I leave... they have known since my interview that Ive always planned of travelling so theres no probs there... I told them about the whole visa process already and they said they knew it was coming!

if thats for me no never although i did spend a bit of time in nyc and upstate in mountalk but its best not to talk about that;) i was with friends that occasion :D

Ha I can only imagine, I was in thailand for a while buts its pretty much a blur now!!!

haha thats what ya want:D some spot i say;)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

moring folks am i right in thinking its IMM 5645 family info form that i fill out

ah ye its deadly... id do anything to go back there again! hmmmm... Some day!

ah ye its deadly... id do anything to go back there again! hmmmm... Some day!
    yeah Thailland always reminds me of the film "The Beach", would love to visit there someday meself

yeah Thailland always reminds me of the film "The Beach", would love to visit there someday meself

It is a great spot, i was there last year, so cheap for everything :D! Some places are like paradise there :D!

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

Hey guys

I got verified for the IEC Assessment yesterday but I still have not received an email detailing the next steps yet. How long were people waiting for the email after they had been verified?

I believe the next stage is now for me(when I hopefully receive the email) is to create a CIC account and then Canadian immigration will assess my eligibility. What exactly do they assess in this stage? I guess it would be the police certs, but what else do they look at?

Thanks!

yeah thats what im gonna do, im going over solo meself, thats the one thing i'll miss about home hurling, they have a lovely crest!

Ya lovely quest, i am sure they do hurling to :D, but it will be football for me as i am from Kerry and about 6ft5! Least they have Irish bars to show the hurling and football over, but it be on earlier but still have it :D

• Advertisement

It is a great spot, i was there last year, so cheap for everything :D! Some places are like paradise there :D!
    yeah I can only imagine what the place is like!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement