Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

Hi Guys

I opened my CIC application before my Kompass account. I don't recall being assigned a work permit file number and I can't see it anywhere in my CIC. Nor can I see where to complete the CIC file number form in Kompass. Has anyone reached this stage yet?

From conditional acceptance letter.
    When you initiate your work permit application with CIC, you will be assigned a work permit file number. Please submit this number to your IEC-Kompass account. To do so, log on to your IEC-Kompass account and complete the CIC File Number form, which is available under the “My IEC Application” section. Failure to submit the CIC File Number to IEC-Kompass may result in a delay in processing your IEC application.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

are you paul galvin?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MKcin

I just got my Conditional Acceptance Letter. On to Stage 2, has anybody else got their's?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    are you paul galvin?:o

Haha no but he is a good friend of mine :D

yeah I can only imagine what the place is like!

Check out phi phi island and koh phangan, i was both in them places, unreal and paradise :D!

• Advertisement

Not so bad gas owl dude met in dingle one night many a story was told:D sheehys pub what spot haha

Thats what working in an underground mine will do to ya:o:rolleyes: yea the only time you want to be smoking is in a nightclub and purely there is a reason for that;):D

haha well that will be when i be hint i need to get cigs off you :D:o

Not so bad gas owl dude met in dingle one night many a story was told:D sheehys pub what spot haha

haha class, did you go to Padi o Se's bar? sad about him really, was shocked when he passed on :(, what a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

del777 wrote: »
    im on contract too until October but the contract says I have to give one weeks notuice if I leave... they have known since my interview that Ive always planned of travelling so theres no probs there... I told them about the whole visa process already and they said they knew it was coming!

lol the same with me, like iv done the j1 to the usa before and lived in scotland for a summer but iv always gone with others, but i suppose im all grown up now that i just have to take the plunge and go it alone :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

Check out phi phi island and koh phangan, i was both in them places, unreal and paradise :D!
    yeah seen photos of the places unreal alright! I can't wait to hopefully see the Rockies! :D

• Advertisement

yea lad we went to them was a good spot ended back up in horans what a strange nite:o haha

yeah seen photos of the places unreal alright! I can't wait to hopefully see the Rockies! :D

Ya sure my name is Richard so i have been to both places but not the actual beach itself, 12 years later i relive the film :D, plus i was on ko san road, famous place in Bangkok for cheap stuff, picked up medium paid of dr dre headphones for 17 euro, 200 euro here at the time. Ya cant wait to see the Rockies myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Aliana wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I opened my CIC application before my Kompass account. I don't recall being assigned a work permit file number and I can't see it anywhere in my CIC. Nor can I see where to complete the CIC file number form in Kompass. Has anyone reached this stage yet?

From conditional acceptance letter.
    When you initiate your work permit application with CIC, you will be assigned a work permit file number. Please submit this number to your IEC-Kompass account. To do so, log on to your IEC-Kompass account and complete the CIC File Number form, which is available under the “My IEC Application” section. Failure to submit the CIC File Number to IEC-Kompass may result in a delay in processing your IEC application.

Thanks

i am the same as you i cant remember the code ..never wrote it down

I'm not sure I got a work permit file number though. I have the personal checklist code (which we already had to submit to my cic) but that's not the same thing, is it? Can you see the CIC file number form in Kompass Hegarty?

Ya sure my name is Richard so i have been to both places but not the actual beach itself, 12 years later i relive the film :D, plus i was on ko san road, famous place in Bangkok for cheap stuff, picked up medium paid of dr dre headphones for 17 euro, 200 euro here at the time. Ya cant wait to see the Rockies myself :D
    haha no way that was a good deal, its mad how cheap everything is in those countries! Canada has it own little paradise check out Lake Louise in AB, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lake_Louise_17092005.jpg, beautiful! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I don't think I even know where or if I hung onto the CIC file number :/ Let us know when ya figure it out will ya

that is a great pic:D

Aliana wrote: »
    I'm not sure I got a work permit file number though. I have the personal checklist code (which we already had to submit to my cic) but that's not the same thing, is it? Can you see the CIC file number form in Kompass Hegarty?

can you send me the link to log into my cic ?...so we dont need the personal checklist number ?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

haha no way that was a good deal, its mad how cheap everything is in those countries! Canada has it own little paradise check out Lake Louise in AB, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Lake_Louise_17092005.jpg, beautiful! :eek:

wow, that is some place, looks a bit like the hotel in the shining :D

that is a great pic:D
    awhh stop, id take this over a beach any day! ha

• Advertisement

gary27 wrote: »
    wow, that is some place, looks a bit like the hotel in the shining :D
    haha yeah it does a bit, the hotel is called Chateau Lake Louise, looks lovely probley costs a fortune for a room :(

I even had a shot of snake blood and tequila with a spider in it, crazy s**t but it was to test if i had the guts to do it, if i did not drink any i pay double price which was like only 10 euro but if i drank both id get them on the house, drank both but took my time haha. Alot of scams go on in them countries though and cops are useless so that is major down point, i didnt get scammed but i seen it on the street, poor tourists. oh wow, that looks incredible :D! defo going to snowboarding :D!

I even had a shot of snake blood and tequila with a spider in it, crazy s**t but it was to test if i had the guts to do it, if i did not drink any i pay double price which was like only 10 euro but if i drank both id get them on the house, drank both but took my time haha. Alot of scams go on in them countries though and cops are useless so that is major down point, i didnt get scammed but i seen it on the street, poor tourists. oh wow, that looks incredible :D! defo going to snowboarding :D!
    no way mad s**t alright, it had to be done tho for the cheap/free gargle haha, yeah I suppose that would be the only thing to look out for in those places, yeah snowboarding is a must do thing over there!

ok i did some research and i think it was personal checklist code i received , which i got when i setup my gc key card.;)

i never wrote that code down do you know how you can get it again ?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭saggart26

I got to kayak on it and it was an awesome experience, the picture doesn’t do it justice. Behind where the photo was taken is a massive glacier that feeds down through the valley, it’s stunning. The water as well is a weird turquoise colour because the lake is basically glacial melt rather than rainwater

no way mad s**t alright, it had to be done tho for the cheap/free gargle haha, yeah I suppose that would be the only thing to look out for in those places, yeah snowboarding is a must do thing over there!

haha sure i wouldn't be Irish if i refused a chance to free shots of lethal stuff :D, snowboarding down in the rockies :rolleyes::eek::cool:! Really cant wait to get over, after while pick up a second bike, start playing the aul gaa and having the laugh again, hope the have good size booths over as i am size 14 uk in runners :D :eek: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

hegarty147 wrote: »
    i never wrote that code down do you know how you can get it again ?

i dont even know if its work permit file number that it is giving out ,
    cause it says personal checklist code ?
    i have it again, i set up new account, so i have one with 43days left and one with 60
    both under same email and codes as last one
    couldnt face seaching bin cause im sure i ripped it in small peice ,but it mighting even be the one u could get permit file number when u submit appilacation so i may be wastin my time ,but good too have just in case i suppose

hegarty147 wrote: »
    can you send me the link to log into my cic ?...so we dont need the personal checklist number ?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

We had to use the personal checklist number in order to create the CIC account, if I recall correctly.

Text of conditional acceptance letter.
    We are pleased to inform you that you meet the eligibility requirements of the International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative for citizens of Ireland. This conditional acceptance is valid until 2013-08-05. This letter alone does not allow you to enter Canada.

You must now begin Stage 2 of the application process: Immigration Assessment, to determine your eligibility for a work permit and admissibility to Canada. Stage 2 must be successfully completed before you travel to Canada and begin your participation.

You will need the electronic copy of this IEC conditional acceptance letter available when completing Stage 2 of the application process. You must complete Stage 2 before the expiry date of this conditional acceptance letter.

To begin Stage 2, please visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and complete the “Come to Canada” questions. This will enable you to create your own MyCIC account, which is required to initiate your work permit application. Please note that Stage 2 is administered by CIC.

If your application for a work permit is approved, you will receive a Letter of Introduction from CIC, which you need to carry with you when travelling to Canada. If your application for a work permit is refused, you will receive a letter from CIC providing the reason(s). We strongly recommend that you do not book or pay for any travel to Canada, buy comprehensive health care insurance for your stay in Canada or make any commitments to employers, landlords, or roommates, before you receive your Letter of Introduction from CIC.

Does anyone remember being assigned a work permit file number? Can anyone see where to submit that number in their Kompass account?

saggart26 wrote: »
    I got to kayak on it and it was an awesome experience, the picture doesn’t do it justice. Behind where the photo was taken is a massive glacier that feeds down through the valley, it’s stunning. The water as well is a weird turquoise colour because the lake is basically glacial melt rather than rainwater
    I have to say I am very jealous right now! ha hopefully i'll get to experience what you did

• Advertisement

even be the one u could get permit file number when u submit appilacation so i may be wastin my time ,but good too have just in case i suppose

That's what I'm thinking, maybe when we have everything uploaded it will appear. Can you see where to submit it in your Kompass account youngmandillon?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement