Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

i dont even know if its work permit file number that it is giving out ,
    cause it says personal checklist code ?
    i have it again, i set up new account, so i have one with 43days left and one with 60
    both under same email and codes as last one
    couldnt face seaching bin cause im sure i ripped it in small peice ,but it mighting even be the one u could get permit file number when u submit appilacation so i may be wastin my time ,but good too have just in case i suppose

oh so u can set up two accounts well thats good to know ..i see u can also revoke your gckey which i assume is closing down one account. I dont think the work permit code is your personal checklist code though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

haha sure i wouldn't be Irish if i refused a chance to free shots of lethal stuff :D, snowboarding down in the rockies :rolleyes::eek::cool:! Really cant wait to get over, after while pick up a second bike, start playing the aul gaa and having the laugh again, hope the have good size booths over as i am size 14 uk in runners :D :eek: :o
    haha exactly, awh stop me too, hopefully I get this acceptance letter in the next day or two, yeah it will be some experience alright! SIZE 14 f**k sake haha ahh id say theyd have them sizes alright probley the same sizes as the States and theyd deffo have them

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kazkaz2

Aw fed up now, everybody seems to be onto the next stage and still no verified for proof of payment, all done uploaded and locked in a full week ago last Thursday morning :-(
    Would feel a bit better if something was wrong and asked for more info or something, at least id know they looked at mine...
    is no news good news even a week later???
    anybody in d same boat??
    Not panicky, would just love to be at least verified :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

Aliana wrote: »
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

We had to use the personal checklist number in order to create the CIC account, if I recall correctly.

Text of conditional acceptance letter.
    We are pleased to inform you that you meet the eligibility requirements of the International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative for citizens of Ireland. This conditional acceptance is valid until 2013-08-05. This letter alone does not allow you to enter Canada.

You must now begin Stage 2 of the application process: Immigration Assessment, to determine your eligibility for a work permit and admissibility to Canada. Stage 2 must be successfully completed before you travel to Canada and begin your participation.

You will need the electronic copy of this IEC conditional acceptance letter available when completing Stage 2 of the application process. You must complete Stage 2 before the expiry date of this conditional acceptance letter.

To begin Stage 2, please visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and complete the “Come to Canada” questions. This will enable you to create your own MyCIC account, which is required to initiate your work permit application. Please note that Stage 2 is administered by CIC.

If your application for a work permit is approved, you will receive a Letter of Introduction from CIC, which you need to carry with you when travelling to Canada. If your application for a work permit is refused, you will receive a letter from CIC providing the reason(s). We strongly recommend that you do not book or pay for any travel to Canada, buy comprehensive health care insurance for your stay in Canada or make any commitments to employers, landlords, or roommates, before you receive your Letter of Introduction from CIC.

When you initiate your work permit application with CIC, you will be assigned a work permit file number. Please submit this number to your IEC-Kompass account. To do so, log on to your IEC-Kompass account and complete the CIC File Number form, which is available under the “My IEC Application” section. Failure to submit the CIC File Number to IEC-Kompass may result in a delay in processing your IEC application.

Does anyone remember being assigned a work permit file number? Can anyone see where to submit that number in their Kompass account?

im my iec account ,go too my profile, go down cic file number click blue box and it gives option too update ,now wat the hell the cic number is has me lost

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Hi All,

just got my conditional acceptance letter and I'm around the 200 mark.

For those now filling out the IMM1295 application form. It won;t validate it until you supply Job title and Description of duties in the "Details of intended work in Canada" section.

I have't a clue what I'll be doing over there (travelling at first). What did people put for this? MY first guess is to just put "Unkown" as the rest of that section is blank.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

haha exactly, awh stop me too, hopefully I get this acceptance letter in the next day or two, yeah it will be some experience alright! SIZE 14 f**k sake haha ahh id say theyd have them sizes alright probley the same sizes as the States and theyd deffo have them

haha i will be waiting for that letter to but just sent off for my police cert tuesday, so if they came back around the same as the acceptance letter it be great :D! haha can always go across the boarder to get them :D!! very excited about this now, bit nervy but excited all the same :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Just wondering if anybody with WTN 500-600 got their conditional letter of acceptance yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

no mate i have yet i am in the 400s and no word yet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 DeniseDee

haha yeah it does a bit, the hotel is called Chateau Lake Louise, looks lovely probley costs a fortune for a room :(

I've stayed there a few times. It is beautiful!

cool thanks, some pain waiting round for this craic isnt it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

ah pure hardship so it is:D but thats all we really can do:D

Just found this in the CIC help center!! The help center is pretty good.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=017&t=4

What if some of the questions on the application form do not apply to me?

You should fill in all spaces on the application form. If the question does not apply, write “not applicable” or “N/A” in the space. That shows you have read and filled out the form fully.

Interesting!!

family info
    moring folks am i right in thinking its IMM 5645 family info form that i fill out

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    ah pure hardship so it is:D but thats all we really can do:D
    will all be worth it when were all living the dream ha!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

im my iec account ,go too my profile, go down cic file number click blue box and it gives option too update ,now wat the hell the cic number is has me lost

Thanks.
    family info
    moring folks am i right in thinking its IMM 5645 family info form that i fill out

No, it's the IMM 5707, the wording at the end of the form is pretty confusing. A TRV is a specific type of Canadian visa. You only need to be a passport holder from one of the stated countries if you are under 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

del777 wrote: »
    will all be worth it when were all living the dream ha!:P

You can say that again :D :rolleyes: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

del777 wrote: »
    Just wondering if anybody with WTN 500-600 got their conditional letter of acceptance yet?

I submitted two applications, one with a WTN under 200, the other with a WTN in the 1100s. A conditional letter has been received for the latter, still waiting on the other, I wouldn't be worrying just yet.

If anyone from IEC is reading this.

THE CONDITIONAL LETTER IS WRONG!

It says that you update your CIC File Number in the "My IEC Application" section.

However - the option to update your CIC File number is under the "My Profile" section. Ye might want to fix that...

Aliana wrote: »
    I submitted two applications, one with a WTN under 200, the other with a WTN in the 1100s. A conditional letter has been received for the latter, still waiting on the other, I wouldn't be worrying just yet.

thanks for that... ye Im the same, Im trying to keep an eye on two applications myself... confusing stuff! luckily though we were both verified the same night so hopefully the same will happen for the next stage!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Lads can anyone say for certain that the CIC number you need to put into the Kompass is the number you got when you completed the come to canada wizard, or is there another number you get when you have uploaded all your documentation and filled in your forms?

• Advertisement

I validated IMM1295 application form. It generated barcodes at the bottom. I set the date at the bottom of the form. Everything seemed fine (no errors).

Tried to upload it and got the following:

Your document contains invalid entries. Please review your document and retry.

Anyone else get this?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MKcin

Anybody who has already participated in the IEC come accross this problem when "Enrolling in MyCIC".

It asks "......have ever applied for a service (e.g. a study permit or work permit) either by paper or electronically from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

If you have applied before, then you will have a Client Identification Number (Client ID )also referred to as a Unique Client Identifier Number (UCI). You can find your Client ID on any official document (including a work permit or study permit or official CIC letter) issued by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office, Case Processing Centre or Canadian visa office outside Canada.

Your Client ID consists of four numbers, a hyphen (-) and four more numbers (example 0000-0000).

If you have a Client Identification Number (Client ID) and you do not provide it, you will not be able to apply for all available online services

So I went to Canada in 2010 (through usit) and on my work permit in my passport I have a client id, but when I enter this number it says it cannot validate my provided information? My details are correct.

Any ideas folks, should I go back and say I dont have a clinet id, but then if they look up my details they will see I do??

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Kazkaz2 wrote: »
    Aw fed up now, everybody seems to be onto the next stage and still no verified for proof of payment, all done uploaded and locked in a full week ago last Thursday morning :-(
    Would feel a bit better if something was wrong and asked for more info or something, at least id know they looked at mine...
    anybody in d same boat??

I did mine last thurs night and still nothin! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭saggart26

ADMINISTRATIVE PANIC....TAKE 2....ACTION!

quick one on,,, IMM 1295 FORM

what type of permit u applying for ?
    international experience canada (working holiday )
    Thats us aint it and intended details of work ,,just put N/A
    JUST TOO BE SURE CHEERS

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭saggart26

MKcin wrote: »
    Anybody who has already participated in the IEC come accross this problem when "Enrolling in MyCIC".

It asks "......have ever applied for a service (e.g. a study permit or work permit) either by paper or electronically from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).

If you have applied before, then you will have a Client Identification Number (Client ID )also referred to as a Unique Client Identifier Number (UCI). You can find your Client ID on any official document (including a work permit or study permit or official CIC letter) issued by a Citizenship and Immigration Canada office, Case Processing Centre or Canadian visa office outside Canada.

Your Client ID consists of four numbers, a hyphen (-) and four more numbers (example 0000-0000).

If you have a Client Identification Number (Client ID) and you do not provide it, you will not be able to apply for all available online services

So I went to Canada in 2010 (through usit) and on my work permit in my passport I have a client id, but when I enter this number it says it cannot validate my provided information? My details are correct.

Any ideas folks, should I go back and say I dont have a clinet id, but then if they look up my details they will see I do??

I'm in the same boat as you. Just ask the embassy how you go about getting your client ID? No point in saying you dont have one when you have already been issued one

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

i hope i get to the next section soon so i can upload my garda clearance cert, i got it on the 22nd november last, will be 3 months old around the 21st of this month, might have to get another 1

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

Gintonious wrote: »
    Has anyone still had issues with the proof of payment?

My friend in Canada is literally at his wits end and was told to re-upload his proof and and has tried to contact the IEC again and again but still no response.

Hi deadline is the 8th so as you can tell, he is a bit stressed.

I made payment and uploaded thursday 31/1
    was asked to resend proof as they couldn't view it on 2/2
    Didn't hear a thing until I was verified today.

The IEC said if you have made your payment in the 10 day deadline you are safe, just hang on patiently until they get back to you. :)

Edited to say: it took them days to get back to me or acknowledge the email I sent to them, so don't expect them to reply immediately!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 MKcin

Cheers Saggart, Il try that. Iv contacted Usit too, to see what those useless shower come back with!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭lovemytea

Kazkaz2 wrote: »
    anybody in d same boat??

I paid last thursday too. Just verified today. Hang in there! It's feels like forever waiting!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement