Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

I registered and got into the CIC system
    I uploaded all the documents with the exception of the "DFAIT Notice - Participation Acceptance"

I cannot progress any further in the application process until I upload this.
    "This letter is sent to the applicant by the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAIT), once it has been determined that the applicant has met the IEC criteria."

How do I go about getting this? Is there some other part of the application process I am missing out on... or do they review the documentation I have so far uploaded and if happy with that, they will send me the DFAIT Notice I can subsequently upload to complete the application?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Spiderlfc wrote: »
    @WasterEx

Sorry where is the "Welcome to Canada Checklist"

Is this the checklist at the apply online page os is it before?

There should be an option for you to create a checklist now aswell. You can create the checklist here if you're not sure.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

I uploaded all the documents with the exception of the "DFAIT Notice - Participation Acceptance"

"This letter is sent to the applicant by the Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada (DFAIT), once it has been determined that the applicant has met the IEC criteria."

How do I go about getting this? Is there some other part of the application process I am missing out on... or do they review the documentation I have so far uploaded and if happy with that, they will send me the DFAIT Notice I can subsequently upload to complete the application?

Hey mate, that's step one of the IEC. It's not open yet so you'll have to wait until then! :)

I'd advise everyone to take it slow when it comes to uploading documents and etc. Proof read them 100 times to make sure you've filled in every field and you haven't missed anything, no spelling mistakes or general errors. Just saying because I just had a quick look at the forms I sent away last year and missed a couple of things I never knew about until now.

EDIT: In fact I wouldn't upload anything until it's officially open, they could request you put extra information on your CV or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

the doc you are looking for is granted after stage .1, which has not opened yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

WasterEx wrote: »
    Hey mate, that's step one of the IEC. It's not open yet so you'll have to wait until then! :)

ahh yes, I'm literally just after seeing that now thanks.

"When you have successfully completed the first stage using your IEC-Kompass account, you will receive a letter from Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada indicating conditional acceptance to the IEC program."

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Is anyone on there second visa and currently in Canada trying to apply?

After I fill out the Welcome to Canada questionnaire it tells me im not eligible for any visa programs

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

@WasterEx - Thanks

I am in Canada and applying for my second year visa but didnt fil out the welcome to Canada questionnaire.

I just went to the online application and basically I am at the stage where I upload my documents now

Is this incorrect anyone know?

@WasterEx - Thanks

I am in Canada and applying for my second year visa but didnt fil out the welcome to Canada questionnaire.

I just went to the online application and basically I am at the stage where I upload my documents now

how did you get to the online application mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

Tonto86 wrote: »
    how did you get to the online application mate?

APPLICATION IS NOT OPENED YET!!!!!!

• Advertisement

@WasterEx - Thanks

archicraft wrote: »
    APPLICATION IS NOT OPENED YET!!!!!!

eh.... ok.

I was asking how people are getting the the point where they can download the documents. Not if the program was open.

There seems to be a problem with the questionnaire if your applying for your second IEC, it wont bring up the IEC program.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

does it say difinitavely what documments you exactly need?

does it say difinitavely what documments you exactly need?

The online check list? - Yes

We won't know EVERYTHING we need until the IEC officially opens though.

Just noticed two things.

The family information form up for download seems to be the wrong one. It says on the bottom
    Who needs to fill out this application form
    Be a passport holder from one of the following countries:
    Argentina
    Brazil
    Malaysia
    Russia
    Saudi Arabia
    South Africa

If you require a Temporary Resident Visa and your passport is nor from the countries listed above you must complete the Additional Family Information IMM5645 instead

I checked my paper work from last year and it was IMM5645 i filled in then.

Also, they got no mention of proof of funds on the required documents.... maybe this is a mistake but they might of scrapped this. Or maybe its produce them at airport immigration

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Route1

Anyone know where to find suitable accommodation for a large enough party of young men aged from 19-21.

Who needs to fill out this form?

This form must be completed by:
    • each person 18 years of age or older, OR

Basically they mean everyone. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Route1 wrote: »
    Anyone know where to find suitable accommodation for a large enough party of young men aged from 19-21.
    I know youth hostels often won't take groups of young guys like that, book early

WasterEx wrote: »
    Who needs to fill out this form?

This form must be completed by:
    • each person 18 years of age or older, OR

Basically they mean everyone. ;)

I dont know, it does say just under that
    If you require a Temporary Resident Visa and your passport is not from the countries listed above you must complete the Additional Family Information IMM5645 instead

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

Stupid question probably but when they say it will be all done online would you interpret that as printing the form out, filling out by hand then scanning the completed form and uploading it or would you interpret it as actually filling the form out on the computer.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Y2Gray1895 wrote: »
    Stupid question probably but when they say it will be all done online would you interpret that as printing the form out, filling out by hand then scanning the completed form and uploading it or would you interpret it as actually filling the form out on the computer.
    Would guess at it being all online because you have to validate form so presume it possibly all on computer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

There doesn't seem to be any word of the Garda clearance forms anyone wanna hazard a guess on why???lol

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

@WasterEx - Thanks

Would you mind showing the exact link for this.
    I can't see anything open for business yet or any of these criteria.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I can't sign into the MyCIC :( It requires the passport number you are going to use on all your applications :/

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

hdowney wrote: »
    I can't sign into the MyCIC :( It requires the passport number you are going to use on all your applications :/
    Do you mean the uci number? I got as far as putting in the uci but it won't recognise mine

makita wrote: »
    Do you mean the uci number? I got as far as putting in the uci but it won't recognise mine

Did ya remember to put a - between the number? Its XXXX-XXXX

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

Tonto86 wrote: »

Did ya remember to put a - between the number? Its XXXX-XXXX
    Yeah did it work for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Yea, but I am still waiting on my passport back from the Passport Office, so I don't have the number to put in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Folks, I'm strugging.
    I tried to sign in with my Scotia Banking logon and it says its a bad gateway.

I took the survey but I've no idea what form to complete next.
    I tried to complete a renewal of current status form and it wouldn't accept a date earlier than today for working in Canada.

I'm going to mess this up, any help would be appreciated, I really need to get an application in to stay here.
    It's my last year :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Someone will be along to help ya mate i am applying for my first time i have my cic account set up already just waiting for it to open. where ya in canada how ya finding it

• Advertisement

Folks, I'm strugging.
    I tried to sign in with my Scotia Banking logon and it says its a bad gateway.

Bad gateway is on their side, if it's not fixed within a few days then try register without your bank, as it's only for 'extra security' for your account.
    I took the survey but I've no idea what form to complete next.
    I tried to complete a renewal of current status form and it wouldn't accept a date earlier than today for working in Canada.

You mean the "ComeToCanada" questionnaire?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement