Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

sparkle_23 wrote: »

I did mine last thurs night and still nothin! :(

I'd be contacting them tonight if you don't get anything by then. Sneaky message in your Kompass Acc.

Surfn wrote: »
    i hope i get to the next section soon so i can upload my garda clearance cert, i got it on the 22nd november last, will be 3 months old around the 21st of this month, might have to get another 1

Garda cert only takes a week to get, and you have months to complete the next step so I wouldn't worry too much mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Given the circumstances I'd be pretty confident that the payment cut off date is just that. I doubt they are going to reject anyone because they never got around to verifying you in time because of the amount of payments in such a short period.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

wtf, STILL waiting for acceptance letter. Pointless being verified if I cant complete the next steps. -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mbop

Got a CIC number about 20 mins after submitting documents through CIC - you get it in a separate letter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

mbop wrote: »
    Got a CIC number about 20 mins after submitting documents through CIC - you get it in a separate letter

cheers for that ,weight off the mind thinkin wat number it was :D

WasterEx wrote: »
    wtf, STILL waiting for acceptance letter. Pointless being verified if I cant complete the next steps. -_-

When you get verified man? Got mine Tuesday so next expecting acceptance till Tuesday coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 TCH

mbop wrote: »
    How did you do the family form? Have ya to attach more info about your siblings? It says they require that info but there isnt a place for it. Also, did you fill it up, print and sign or just not sign at all? Sorry for all the Q's.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Paddy_kool

In the 2nd section they are looking for a client id no. If you have previously taken part in the iec,
    I can't find my client id number? Śince it was back in 2006 that I was there?.
    Anyone else in the same position?/what did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

ripcord wrote: »
    I validated IMM1295 application form. It generated barcodes at the bottom. I set the date at the bottom of the form. Everything seemed fine (no errors).

Tried to upload it and got the following:

Your document contains invalid entries. Please review your document and retry.

Anyone else get this?

Seriously guys - has anyone else seen this? I have checked the doc several times now.

Did everyone click the Verify button before you saved it? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 mbop

TCH wrote: »
    How did you do the family form? Have ya to attach more info about your siblings? It says they require that info but there isnt a place for it. Also, did you fill it up, print and sign or just not sign at all? Sorry for all the Q's.
    i filled it up, printed, signed and scanned as pdf - did not include details of siblings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mossywolf

Paid last Wednesday and heard nothing, don't panic though, we will hopefully hear very soon. I'm on day 8 and they said it could take 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mairemoo

Ah lads! I'm still waiting for my payments to be verified!! uploaded proof of payment Thursday!!!!! I think i'll panic:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thenexthenry

Has anyone sent them a message from their kompass account?? Do they ever reply??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mossywolf

Has anyone sent them a message from their kompass account?? Do they ever reply??

I sent one on Monday asking about my payment, since I havent heard anything, but i havent gotten a response yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mairemoo

I sent them a messege again last night with my proof of pay attached just in case they didnt get it. still nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ballybreen

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Seems a lot are heading solo i am and i no 5 r 6 others so we will surely set up on owl boards Calgary meet once a month be a good way for newcomers that are traveling solo to not feel so alone. :D

Good idea, plenty on here making the trip solo

evan2509 wrote: »
    When you get verified man? Got mine Tuesday so next expecting acceptance till Tuesday coming.

Yesterday evening my "IEC Assessment" part was verified and I'm still waiting for the email that has the Acceptance Letter -_-... Ridiculous...

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

ripcord wrote: »
    Seriously guys - has anyone else seen this? I have checked the doc several times now.

Did everyone click the Verify button before you saved it? Thanks.

You could fill in and verify another form and upload it? Sorry, can't think of anything more helpful than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

Yesterday evening my "IEC Assessment" part was verified and I'm still waiting for the email that has the Acceptance Letter -_-... Ridiculous...

Yeah - I am in the same boat. Very annoying!!

• Advertisement

WasterEx wrote: »

Oh ok, so you havnt got the email, I thought the verified status and the email came hand in hand. Should come soon no doubt!

evan2509 wrote: »
    Oh ok, so you havnt got the email, I thought the verified status and the email came hand in hand. Should come soon no doubt!

Nope not yet anyway. Yeah I thought that too! Hopefully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Aliana wrote: »
    You could fill in and verify another form and upload it? Sorry, can't think of anything more helpful than that.

Got it sorted! By process of elimination!

Turns out some of the "N/A" answers I was putting into the mailing/residential addresses were causing it (even though it validated fine). Strange one.

Anyway - more waiting now!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭amster

media101 wrote: »
    im a girl traveling on my own so it is scary so i think ill make one of my friends come over for a holiday with me, so that way ill have help setting up. :D ... i look like :cool: but i feel :eek::confused: lol

im a girl travelling on my own too! where are you heading? im going to toronto - if i get the visa that is!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Anyone coming to Halifax, Nova Scotia?!!!
    I'm here 7 months, I've only met one Irish person (Denis Ryan - youtube sensation!) so I'm a bit of a novelty here!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

Anyone coming to Halifax, Nova Scotia?!!!
    I'm here 7 months, I've only met one Irish person (Denis Ryan - youtube sensation!) so I'm a bit of a novelty here!
    whats the jobs like there? I always liked the Maritime Provinces and Newfoundland. But I think ill go to Calgary. Ahh id say theres more Irish were everywhere!:D

whats the jobs like there? I always liked the Maritime Provinces and Newfoundland. But I think ill go to Calgary. Ahh id say theres more Irish were everywhere!:D

I have a lovely job, working in a team with 2 girls from Newfoundland and a local Haligonian, they are incredibly nice, so welcoming, lovely to work with.
    It's been a great experience. People are so friendly and when they know you're Irish, omg, they are ridiculously mad about you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MarZ8ar

I got my verification letter last night and tried to download the forms in question but the immigration IMM1295 form would not open and kept saying that I needed a newer version of adobe reader even after I downloaded the latest version. Ended up trying it on 3 separate computers before I gave up and found the form elsewhere. Has anyone else been able to access this form because I would like to double check that I have the right one and that it hasn't been changed or modified since the one that I got was posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

I have a lovely job, working in a team with 2 girls from Newfoundland and a local Haligonian, they are incredibly nice, so welcoming, lovely to work with.
    It's been a great experience. People are so friendly and when they know you're Irish, omg, they are ridiculously mad about you!!
    no way sounds good alright! sure don't the Newfoundlanders talk like us seen a doc on TG4 before and they talked as if they were from the country!

• Advertisement

no way sounds good alright! sure don't the Newfoundlanders talk like us seen a doc on TG4 before and they talked as if they were from the country!

Well they sound Canadian to me but they have similarities to us, food, music and some sayings.
    Salt of the Earth people, that's for sure. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement