Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GREG2010DUBLIN

MarZ8ar try a different brower that worked for me ! internet explorere as opposed to chrome.

Is it just IMM 1295 and IMM 5707 we fill out? thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dannyf

PLEASE NOTE: Regarding payment verification stage. If you have submitted your proof of payment and have yet to received your payment verified letter, don't be alarmed. If you have submitted your proof of payment before the 10 day deadline, as indicated in letter 01a - Notice of receipt, but we haven't got back to you we will contact you shortly. ~ Kat

Hey Kat,

So my WTN is 7040, Im on the 'waiting list', I very much doubt that many people are going to be rejected. I have had 1 IEC before.
    seeing as I also have a UK passport, could I apply to their IEC when it opens??

I have been out of UK since 2006 though?? Any info greatly appreciated!!

Is anyone else 'awaiting quota availability' for their IEC????

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MarZ8ar

MarZ8ar try a different brower that worked for me ! internet explorere as opposed to chrome.

Is it just IMM 1295 and IMM 5707 we fill out? thanks :-)

Cheers mate that worked perfectly.

Yeah it's just the 2 forms plus the supporting documents listed.
    IMM1295 Application
    Family Information Form IMM5707
    IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter
    CV/Resume
    Passport or travel document
    Police Certificate
    Digital Photo

You also have to have done the online questionnaire on MYCIC though and have gotten the personal checklist code.

That's the lot.

del777 wrote: »
    Can I ask how much money people plan on bringing with them? I know we need to show $2500 but roughly how much extra are yous bringing?? :):)

as much as you can man!!! Its desperate expensive out here! and with the influx of paddies coming in... jobs are increasingly hard to find!! good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

MarZ8ar wrote: »
    Cheers mate that worked perfectly.

Yeah it's just the 2 forms plus the supporting documents listed.
    IMM1295 Application
    Family Information Form IMM5707
    IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter
    CV/Resume
    Passport or travel document
    Police Certificate
    Digital Photo

You also have to have done the online questionnaire on MYCIC though and have gotten the personal checklist code.

That's the lot.

Hi folks, I'm not at that stage yet, but I could get my photo ready if you could share the details of that.
    Is there a spec? pixel requirement? size? colour/black & white?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

whats the cost of living like in nova scotia? in particular Halifax? i wonder how living there would compare to Calgary would you no?

Hi folks, I'm not at that stage yet, but I could get my photo ready if you could share the details of that.
    Is there a spec? pixel requirement? size? colour/black & white?

Digital Photo

Dimensions:
    The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").
    The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
    The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
    Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Quality/Resolution:
    If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File Format:
    The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
    File Size:
    The final size of the image should be ideally 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.

Colour:
    The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB colour space which is the common output for most digital cameras

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jockey joe

Hi guys I just found out today i all the working holiday visas are taken for this year was just wonderingis there any outher visa I could get I don't have any trade papers either

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    whats the cost of living like in nova scotia? in particular Halifax? i wonder how living there would compare to Calgary would you no?

I have a friend here from Calgary, she loves it here and probably wouldn't move back.
    I get the impression Calgary is wealthy, lots of restaurants, much colder (!) and busier or more populated.

Halifax is a small city, smaller than Dublin.
    It is a university town with 3 unis here so there's lots of young people from a NS and Ontario in particular. The culture is very laid back, that's nice.
    Nice restaurants, plenty pubs, nice activities (thousands of lakes here so you have to try kayaking in the summer and skate on them in the winter!) Skating is huge in the city. Halifax has the best hockey team this year too and the tickets for a game are $15, which is brilliant. I've been to nearly 20 already, it's a good substitute for the hurling! I like it. I've been to Toronto and Montreal, which are completely different so it's really what you're looking for.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply what kind of wage would you need to be on to live comfortable would 20$ an hour be enough? yea i know it has some great fishing to halifax looks to be a great spot:D

Thanks for the reply what kind of wage would you need to be on to live comfortable would 20$ an hour be enough? yea i know it has some great fishing to halifax looks to be a great spot:D

I think it's a bit on the expensive side, to be fair.
    Groceries seem dear, but cars and petrol are good value, clothes are good too, but the taxes are a devil!
    To enjoy it, you'd want closer to 30 per hour, in my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

MarZ8ar wrote: »
    Digital Photo

Dimensions:
    The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").
    The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
    The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
    Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Quality/Resolution:
    If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.

File Format:
    The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
    File Size:
    The final size of the image should be ideally 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.

Colour:
    The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB colour space which is the common output for most digital cameras

Probably a stupid question, but i have 2 spare passport pictures here, could i scan them and use that?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

Ya dannf

My WTN is in the 6,900's. Im here in Canada already. I hope we find out soon how many they will issue. It's horrible waiting.

How far are you down the list?

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

I'm applying for my second visa from Canada. I have a police cert dated from the day I left. I applied for it a few weeks before but it arrived the day I left. This was back in september. It's now more than 3 months old. Any chance they'll accept it seeing as I've not been in the country and couldn't commit any offences? Or will I need a new one?

Agro Head wrote: »
    I'm applying for my second visa from Canada. I have a police cert dated from the day I left. I applied for it a few weeks before but it arrived the day I left. This was back in september. It's now more than 3 months old. Any chance they'll accept it seeing as I've not been in the country and couldn't commit any offences? Or will I need a new one?

I enquired about this and they told me that when you're in Canada, you don't need a police certifitcate. Hope this helps.
    This is what they said exactly:
    You do not need to re-submit your police certificates as long as you are still in Canada when you apply to the 2013 initiative.

You never need to submit a Canadian police certificate.

TheJims wrote: »
    Probably a stupid question, but i have 2 spare passport pictures here, could i scan them and use that?

Yeah It may be possible to scan and use passport photos but you'll probably need picture editing software (e.g. photoshop) to resize and or rescale them without diminishing the picture quality too much

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Kazkaz2

mairemoo wrote: »
    Ah lads! I'm still waiting for my payments to be verified!! uploaded proof of payment Thursday!!!!! I think i'll panic:confused:

Exact same with me:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

did ye just print out the family form sign it, scan and upload it again as a jpg?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

makita wrote: »
    did ye just print out the family form sign it, scan and upload it again as a jpg?

That's what I'm doing anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

I enquired about this and they told me that when you're in Canada, you don't need a police certifitcate. Hope this helps.
    This is what they said exactly:
    You do not need to re-submit your police certificates as long as you are still in Canada when you apply to the 2013 initiative.

You never need to submit a Canadian police certificate.
    You have no idea, you just made my day. I just went to the shop in a blind panic and got back to see that message.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mairemoo

Kazkaz2 wrote: »
    Exact same with me:-(
    well I did have my lil panic and sent them another messege with my proof of pay today!! This is ruining my drinking session!! :rolleyes:

mairemoo wrote: »
    well I did have my lil panic and sent them another messege with my proof of pay today!! This is ruining my drinking session!! :rolleyes:

you may give up the drink and save for that sky dive:rolleyes::rolleyes:

you may give up the drink and save for that sky dive:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    **** that ****. I will save to go drinking while I skydive! :P

alcho you would be a bad example on me in Calgary:o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

ON THE IMM 1295

where it says sign ,i take it we leave it blank and provide the digital signature at a later date ?

alcho you would be a bad example on me in Calgary:o;)
    I can not help it! I will have Calgary in ruins when im finished! if they give me my visa already!!

hahah let me get a job first:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Still no sign for me of the conditional acceptance. Oh well they'l get to it when they get to it. How bout you Ross?

• Advertisement

nah not a thing hopefully tonite or tomorrow i wont panic yet:D haha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement