Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

Yours will come dont worry:D time too worry is when you submit the whole application:(

Is there huge risk in not getting a visa like?? Surely if you get all your application correct they should hand you one!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

got verified for IEC assessment:D......i feel like a big HERO!!!!!!!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TheChief36

I wrote "not applicable" and it has gone through.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

evan2509 wrote: »
    Is there huge risk in not getting a visa like?? Surely if you get all your application correct they should hand you one!

Its making sure youre application is correct though thats whats worrying me

Its making sure youre application is correct though thats whats worrying me

Quadruple check lad, that's all we can do. Fingers crossed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Woot! About time, finally got my Conditional acceptance letter :D

WasterEx wrote: »

Just a minute ago!! Congrats man :D

Nice one waster , be cool and take your time mate:D

Nice one waster , be cool and take your time mate:D

Cheers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

congrats lads take her easy lads we don't want to lose any members to the Calgary gentlemen s club over some silly mistake;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

What time do they work until each day?
    For verifying payments and issuing letters

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    congrats lads take her easy lads we don't want to lose any members to the Calgary gentlemen s club over some silly mistake;)

I will be sending a few PM if I run into any trouble if thats ok? And likewise people can PM me and i'll help if i can :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Lmnover

Hi I'm having a major freak out here and need advice!!!! just had my payment approved and waiting on next stage. We applied when visas were in the high 5000 - so it was a very stressful panic last Thursday night to get application in. I did a really stupid thing and estimated dated for one of my college courses and also my employment as didn't have exact info to hand - then I did a stupider thing and didn't record my estimated dates as thought I would be able to get back into info again.
    Now I'm hearing that the info is being asked again in the next stage and I'm thinking that I'm screwed!! We really need these visas and I m not sure how to get around this or if I have blown it .....ahhhhhh

Any advice hugely appreciated as feeling sick over this!!! Help!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

yea lads we all help each other out here were all in the same boat trying to better ourselves wasterex helped me out with the process so far hes the IT guru so i am sure he will help us out:D

I will start it off lads i cant even open that IMM 1295 form its saying update my adobe reader but shes updated to the last:D i am trying to go through google chrome no joy and when i use the normal internet explorer freezes up:/ any clue?

BTW everyone be careful when you're signing the family information form, make sure you sign it in black ink as they request. Just double checked my own form and realized I had signed it in blue ink, was a close call so I said I'd let y'all know.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

ok i did some research and i think it was personal checklist code i received , which i got when i setup my gc key card.;)

So how do I go about getting that again. I would have written it down I'm sure!!! Do i need to start another gc key application? Balls :rolleyes:

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    yea lads we all help each other out here were all in the same boat trying to better ourselves wasterex helped me out with the process so far hes the IT guru so i am sure he will help us out:D

I will start it off lads i cant even open that IMM 1295 form its saying update my adobe reader but shes updated to the last:D i am trying to go through google chrome no joy and when i use the normal internet explorer freezes up:/ any clue?

Heard a few folk sayin to open it through firefox so try that Ross , I already have the form part filled out and saved from a few weeks back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

DodoByrne wrote: »
    So how do I go about getting that again. I would have written it down I'm sure!!! Do i need to start another gc key application? Balls :rolleyes:

would like to know this too? and where are you required to enter it?

You dont have a code it automatically saved when you done the cic thing a few weeks back, so basically your checlist code is the imm1295 form and the other things there requesting from you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

BTW everyone be careful when you're signing the family information form, make sure you sign it in black ink as they request. Just double checked my own form and realized I had signed it in blue ink, was a close call so I said I'd let y'all know.

u serious i did it in blue ffs
    better no deny me over that
    feckin effort of this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 bell13

Thanks. Does everyone have to fill in the family form? and which one did you fill in cause when u read the instructions on the bottom it doesn't have Ireland on it and then links to another form?
    Also did you fill it in online and print to sign it or did u just print it off and fill it all in with pen?

dont worrie bout that code, u get another one when u finish process ,im sure that it, few other have applied using that, im going hold off a day just see what everyone else doin theres no rush

bell13 wrote: »
    Thanks. Does everyone have to fill in the family form? and which one did you fill in cause when u read the instructions on the bottom it doesn't have Ireland on it and then links to another form?
    Also did you fill it in online and print to sign it or did u just print it off and fill it all in with pen?

Yeah, they give you EVERY form you need, it's definitely the right one. Do it on your computer > print it > sign it > scan it > upload. :)

u serious i did it in blue ffs
    better no deny me over that
    feckin effort of this

Yeah man, it says on the top of the family information form.
    Hopefully they don't fck you over because of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 anntonettec

what did people put down for UCI on the IMM1295 form?

Yeah man, it says on the top of the family information form.
    Hopefully they don't fck you over because of that!

never even saw it ,saw it now when i looked in my file ,reckon i be ok it looks sort of black ....pen was old haha ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25 MissMcAttack

saggart26 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat as you. Just ask the embassy how you go about getting your client ID? No point in saying you dont have one when you have already been issued one

Hey,

I had the same issue as you two. I did the student summer work programme, the J1 version, back in 2006 through USIT. I had no idea what my client number was either and my passport was being renewed in the passport office so I couldnt check my physical visa.(The client number is actually on the visa inside your passport if you still have it.) before I got my passport back I went into USIT, they were pure useless, they told me to call the embassy, the embassy told me to email the IEC...anyways after lots of emailing this email address wrote back with my client number: re-london-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Hopefully they can help you!

But I needed to fill in "If I had been on a visa to Canada before.." in stage one of the mykompass and I said I was and that it was through SWAP, they are like the canadian version of USIT, they were the crew who helped you get you tax file number etc sorted out.... Also you need your client number for the CIC part of the process too and mine wasn't registering...I got very frustrated...but then I realised that I wasnt putting a space between my the Mc part of my surname eg i put in McBride...but they would only recognise Mc Bride...so be careful on how you do that!!

I'm babbling now so I'll stop!

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

never even saw it ,saw it now when i looked in my file ,reckon i be ok it looks sort of black ....pen was old haha ;)

Is it essential to sign it with a pen?
    I thought that was the whole point of the electronic signature at the very end of the Mycic application..

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

I havent got anything yet with the next stage, better sit tight :D!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

You do not need to sign any of the forms!

Does noone read the instructions? It says in the instructions, before you get to the CIC page where you upload the forms that Any form submitted online does not need to be signed. A digital signature is added by yourself later on in the process. It's basically just clicking on a button near the end of the process. It's pretty self explanatory.

So don't be worried about blue or black ink. No ink required!!!! :)

I'm starting to think people are blinding clicking on links and throwing information in without having a good read through everything!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement