Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Really?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Really?:o

Yes really, bit nervy but i dont mind as i have to wait for the police cert come back and herd you have a month to fill it out once you get it, i will try and take my time but i know will go quite fast just incase i would think id loose my place haha :(:o:D

ha it seems alot of people are signing stuff? and someone even submitted with it signed?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 27 doconne

Hi can anyone post a link or tell me how to get the form for applying outside Canada ?? When I did the "Coming to Canada" questionaire it didn't provide me with a checklist so I did it again and put my residency as Ireland (even though I'm living in Canada) and then it gave me a checklist with a form for applying from outside Canada.

Anyone else found a solution to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

ha it seems alot of people are signing stuff? and someone even submitted with it signed?:o

haha and what you doing?? i will read everything once i get and if i am having any trouble i will ask you if i need a bit of help if thats ok :D?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

Wondering which option I should select? (On IEC)

How long are you planning to stay in Canada?:
    Temporarily - more than 6 months or Permanently?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

MarZ8ar wrote: »
    I got my verification letter last night and tried to download the forms in question but the immigration IMM1295 form would not open and kept saying that I needed a newer version of adobe reader even after I downloaded the latest version. Ended up trying it on 3 separate computers before I gave up and found the form elsewhere. Has anyone else been able to access this form because I would like to double check that I have the right one and that it hasn't been changed or modified since the one that I got was posted.

I had this problem on my macbook using chrome and mozilla.
    Worked when i used safari..... so goodie.

i don't no yet i am just filling it out and saving and when the plan becomes clear i will follow suite like that one dude said no signing required but yet two or 3 have signed and i think one person even sent his off:o

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Spiderlfc

doconne

Your not the only one in this situation, Same with myself and others to follow

Initially I had Canada in as Current place of Resiedence but that gave me the incorrect forms and options for upload, then when I put in "Ireland" it gave me everything I needed.

Mails have been sent to CIC and other to try and get some clarity but nothing yet

Leaning towards just using the Ireland = current place of residence right now

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bell13

On the IMM295 Application what did people put in the UCI box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 hacker21

Hi all,
    Been following for a while & all the tips and advise have been a life saver.
    Inthe "Come to Canada” questions one of the questions asks if I have lived in one of the desinated Countries for 6 months in the past year and as I lived in Australia in 2012 I answered yes to this question. Now on my checklist is "Request for a Medical Exam". It didnt let me specify what country I was in but there was a link with a list of countries, Australia was included. Anyone else have to do a Medical?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

i don't no yet i am just filling it out and saving and when the plan becomes clear i will follow suite like that one dude said no signing required but yet two or 3 have signed and i think one person even sent his off:o

i sent mine off, dout it be problem if its signed or not only a signature on family info page
    rather have it signed, then them sending it back askin too sign ,time will tell i suppose :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

I know - It's crazy. I'm not at my laptop now, but tomorrow I will post a screenshot of the glaringly obvious instruction not to sign the forms!

It's been the same for this whole thread. People didn't read the instructions that the EKompass passport photo is ID page only, but the CIC photo requires every passport page with a stamp.

People got the payment verification letter and then asked "what next?"!!! The letter says you need to wait! Read it!

And so much more...

Sorry for the rant but this is a great thread for helping with obvious problems (like the BOI payment debacle). It would be half the size if people just took their time and read everything.

I'm curious to know how many people didn't read the passport photo restrictions correctly :). They were pretty specific (down to a margin of a few millimetres) for the size of the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

ripcord wrote: »
    You do not need to sign any of the forms!

Does noone read the instructions? It says in the instructions, before you get to the CIC page where you upload the forms that Any form submitted online does not need to be signed. A digital signature is added by yourself later on in the process. It's basically just clicking on a button near the end of the process. It's pretty self explanatory.

So don't be worried about blue or black ink. No ink required!!!! :)

I'm starting to think people are blinding clicking on links and throwing information in without having a good read through everything!

Says nothing about the family information form, the fact that you can't save it on your computer to directly upload it either would lead one to believe it does need to be signed. The other form does state that you will be able to digitally sign it. So tbh...who knows at this stage.

yea i suppose we are just thrown by the fact it says sign the forms:D

WasterEx wrote: »
    Says nothing about the family information form, the fact that you can't save it on your computer to directly upload it either would lead one to believe it does need to be signed. The other form does state that you will be able to digitally sign it. So tbh...who knows at this stage.

dont be going against ripcord he knows all

King ripcord your my hero:D

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

dont be going against ripcord he knows all

I wish :)

I just go by the instructions I read during the application. I also had a browse around the "Help Center" on the CIC website.

Of course their instructions could be wrong!! In which case we're all fecked and should just go to oz instead. (I've never been - apparently it's easier to get into!) :)

Of course their instructions could be wrong!! In which case we're all fecked and should just go to oz instead. (I've never been - apparently it's easier to get into!) :)

^^ LOL :pac:

if you had more then 2 employers do we have to add in a bit extra or what?:D

• Advertisement

I wish :)

I just go by the instructions I read during the application. I also had a browse around the "Help Center" on the CIC website.

same ive being researching this over a year ,,u would have ur oz visa this time last week ,i was there before get visa next day .if i dont get this over poxy blue pen or black pen ill be goin new zealand , dout there be problem anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭XDivaX

"You do not need to sign your application form by hand if you submit your application form online. You will be asked to provide a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC." :P

XDivaX wrote: »
    "You do not need to sign your application form by hand if you submit your application form online. You will be asked to provide a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC." :P

is application form different from family info form

THATS THE QUESTION
    answers on a post card :D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭evan2509

hacker21 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Been following for a while & all the tips and advise have been a life saver.
    Inthe "Come to Canada” questions one of the questions asks if I have lived in one of the desinated Countries for 6 months in the past year and as I lived in Australia in 2012 I answered yes to this question. Now on my checklist is "Request for a Medical Exam". It didnt let me specify what country I was in but there was a link with a list of countries, Australia was included. Anyone else have to do a Medical?

Not at the same stage. But would like to know this for sure!

Im pretty you don't need a medical if you have been in Oz. Its just countries like Vietnam where TB still exists!

XDivaX wrote: »

Sounds to me like it's talking about ONE form which is the application form and not the family form...I shall leave it at that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bell13

Im sure they wont mind if the family form is signed, it says type or print in black ink at the top of the page so gives u an option?
    When people were uploading their CVs did you guys change it around to a résumé or just a normal layout the irish use? I know over there when applying for jobs will most likely have to change the layout but for the application do we?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

YES YES YES YES YES just been verified :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ballybreen

Anyone worked out how you do a digital signature?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 doconne

Spiderlfc wrote: »
    doconne

Your not the only one in this situation, Same with myself and others to follow

Initially I had Canada in as Current place of Resiedence but that gave me the incorrect forms and options for upload, then when I put in "Ireland" it gave me everything I needed.

Mails have been sent to CIC and other to try and get some clarity but nothing yet

Leaning towards just using the Ireland = current place of residence right now

Thanks Spiderlfc, I just found this on CIC help site : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=181&t=17

I take it from this that you have to use IMM1295E form - applying from outside Canada

Or maybe someones got a better idea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

Yes, it seems obvious to me that I'll have to print off, sign and scan the family info form. I'm good at reading and making my own grown up decisions without flipping out online about it. I thought this thread would be handy for non judgemental advice for anyone who might be a little timid when it comes to forms.
    If you know better, offer the advice. Fair enough, its hard to skim through loads of pages of people chatting about how much money they're gonna bring and status updates on their verification saga. I think its easy to ignore whats not for you and take out of it what you need. I've found it helpful at times.
    Cheers folks :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement