Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Quick question for anyone that has stage 2 done or is doing it now. is it just simply fill out the 1295E form and validate it or do i have to then upload it as well? and then with the family form you fill out print sign and upload back up?:D

and in the unemployed bit for having no work now are ye just writing Unemployed seeking work?:D and for the bit about future work in canada i just wrote Not Applicable is that right?:D

Cheers Ross.

1. Scan the Garda Cert and upload it. Make sure the Guards stamped it!

2. Scan your passport and upload it. Note - You need to scan the identification page AND every page that has a stamp on it. And these all have to be saved into the one file! The scanning machine will be able to do this. You'll need to figure it out or ask someone there.

3. Fill in the 1295E form. Be careful with the Postcodes. I know you should fill in empty fields with N/A or Not applicable - but when I entered these in the poscodes the doc wouldn't upload correctly (even though the doc itself verified - weird). Click the Validate button - an extra page will be generated at the bottom of the doc with a load of barcodes on it. Fill in the date at the bottom of the doc. You can save this file. You can print it out, sign it, and scan it back in if you like, but the signature is not neccesary. Upoload this.

4. Fill in the Family Information form (including the dates). You can't save it - so print it and then scan it back in. You can sign it if you like (I doubt they will complain if its signed) but again its not needed.

5. Upload your CV. It should be simple and only 1 or two pages. Don't go into too much detail. There is info on the web about Canadian CV formats. These are handy in the long run for applying for jobs when you get over there. Some key points are: Do not include your Sex or Date of Birth - and make sure your address is obvious. Only use years and months for education/employment.
    These are the headings I used:
    Title
    Name
    Occupation
    Address
    City
    Country
    Telephone
    Email
    Career
    Experience
    Technical Skills
    Interests

6. Upload your photo. It has to be VERY specific - like your head has to be between 35 and 39 mm high (or something like that). I can't find the restrictions at the moment, but I had to use photo-editing software to get mine working.

Once everything is uploaded a "Continue" button will be available at the bottom of the screen. Click this and go through the steps. I can't remember exactly but the steps are simple. Near the end you will be asked to apply a digital signature. I think its just a case of clicking a button and entering your name and password. Can't remember exactly but it's easy.

Once your finished, you will get a message in your CIC account confirming that they received your documents. Its a PDF file. When you open it there will be an application number at the top of the letter. This is your CIC number. Go into your IKompass account and in the My Profile section click the section to update your CIC number. Add this number in there.

That's about as much as I can remember. I doubt the WTN numbers are relative for the CIC, so having a low number (I was around 200) won't make much difference. I think it's first come first serve with these guys.

Now we play the waiting game again! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

ClaireB13 wrote: »
    Ok so just wondering does anyone have hopes of gettin into Canada before April or is that unrealistic?

i am hopeing but i dont know if it will be likely or not depends how far you are now do you have stage 2 submitted?:D

ripcord wrote: »

2. Scan your passport and upload it. Note - You need to scan the identification page AND every page that has a stamp on it. And these all have to be saved into the one file! The scanning machine will be able to do this. You'll need to figure it out or ask someone there.

3. Fill in the 1295E form. Be careful with the Postcodes. I know you should fill in empty fields with N/A or Not applicable - but when I entered these in the poscodes the doc wouldn't upload correctly (even though the doc itself verified - weird). Click the Validate button - an extra page will be generated at the bottom of the doc with a load of barcodes on it. Fill in the date at the bottom of the doc. You can save this file. You can print it out, sign it, and scan it back in if you like, but the signature is not neccesary. Upoload this.

4. Fill in the Family Information form (including the dates). You can't save it - so print it and then scan it back in. You can sign it if you like (I doubt they will complain if its signed) but again its not needed.

5. Upload your CV. It should be simple and only 1 or two pages. Don't go into too much detail. There is info on the web about Canadian CV formats. These are handy in the long run for applying for jobs when you get over there. Some key points are: Do not include your Sex or Date of Birth - and make sure your address is obvious. Only use years and months for education/employment.
    Title
    Name
    Occupation
    Address
    City
    Country
    Telephone
    Email
    Career
    Experience
    Technical Skills
    Interests

6. Upload your photo. It has to be VERY specific - like your head has to be between 35 and 39 mm high (or something like that). I can't find the restrictions at the moment, but I had to use photo-editing software to get mine working.

Once everything is uploaded a "Continue" button will be available at the bottom of the screen. Click this and go through the steps. I can't remember exactly but the steps are simple. Near the end you will be asked to apply a digital signature. I think its just a case of clicking a button and entering your name and password. Can't remember exactly but it's easy.

Once your finished, you will get a message in your CIC account confirming that they received your documents. Its a PDF file. When you open it there will be an application number at the top of the letter. This is your CIC number. Go into your IKompass account and in the My Profile section click the section to update your CIC number. Add this number in there.

That's about as much as I can remember. I doubt the WTN numbers are relative for the CIC, so having a low number (I was around 200) won't make much difference. I think it's first come first serve with these guys.

As i stated yesterday ripcord your my hero:D just nipping in to the libary now after lunch hopefully send her off thanks for that write up:D

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Title
    Name
    Occupation
    Address
    City
    Country
    Telephone
    Email
    Career
    Experience
    Technical Skills
    Interests

Thank ripcord, put some things to ease in my mind. Now just to wait on this email to start the above

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TheChief36

On 1295 form there is a space "Country where applying" so I put Ireland but there is a From and To part where from cannot be later than today's date. Not sure what they want there. The time from now until I leave perhaps?

• Advertisement

do you not just hit yes? which then fills in the areas as a shade so no information is needed.
    because it says the same country as residence so that's Ireland so i hit yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ClaireB13

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    i am hopeing but i dont know if it will be likely or not depends how far you are now do you have stage 2 submitted?:D
    Payment is verified but unfortunately no email in regards to stage 2 yet, IEC Assessment still pending. Want to be in Canada start of April latest. Suppose just have to be patient like everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Payment is verified but unfortunately no email in regards to stage 2 yet, IEC Assessment still pending. Want to be in Canada start of April latest. Suppose just have to be patient like everyone else.

A mate of mine is hoping to be there the end of March but in the same boat, he only had his payment verified on Wednesday and IEC still pending at the moment! Hopefully once ya get the letter for stage 2 it will all go nice & quickly for ya! I cant wait to get outta here myself but I dont plan on going until June!:)

yea i am on to stage 2 now and am going to send it off tonight or tomorrow i am hoping to be there end of march too but i don't no if i will be or not:o

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MarZ8ar

Just in relation to the IMM5707 Family Information form there is a little trick to filling it out without having to print and re scan.

1)Wait to fill in the form until you have been presented with the upload menu in your MY CIC account and then access your account in chrome.

2) Click the hyperlink for IMM5707. It should be the last entry in required documents.

3) Fill in the form in the in browser version of adobe reader.

4) Access the browser menu in the top right hand corner and go to the print option.

5) Change the active printer to "Save" and the file format to PDF. For some reason this is only an option if you access this hyperlink and not the one provided as part of your original checklist.

Hope it saves someone a bit of time and effort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

What number are you Claire B? I'm in the range of 2,000-2,100 so I'm not expecting anything for a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

I'll be filling out the MyCIC later. Need to tweak up my CV and stuff and take the time to fill out the forms properly. I am not heading til later in the year or early next so am not as desperate as those of ye who wanna go yesterday! but at the same time I kinda wanna know, like having your LOI means you did everything correct and they wanted you in their country. Any point up to then you could be chucked back yakno

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tony1212121

I am wondering if anyone can help. I filled in my dates of work in wrongly in the original application: I realise now that I was actually living in another country but I put down that I was working in Ireland. I am about 3- 4 months off. Has anybody done this before, or am I the only idiot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

any other mugs 8 days later still waiting for payment verification or should i be worried?

*EDIT see a page back people are. that's something at least

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Princessamzs

Hey guys. Anyone on stage two can you tell me how many photos you have to submit?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MarZ8ar

Hey guys. Anyone on stage two can you tell me how many photos you have to submit?

1 digital photo that has to meet the specified requierments.

Dimensions:

• The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").
    • The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
    • The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
    • Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.

Quality/Resolution:
    • If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.
    File Format:
    • The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
    File Size:
    • The final size of the image should be ideally 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
    Colour:
    • The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB colour space which is the common output for most digital cameras

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Submitted the entire application earlier this morning, hope all goes well! :D
    Wonder how long we'll be waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,226 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

This stage 2 you are all talking about? Is it after the IEC assessment yeah? Had payment verified yesterday and got nothing else...

Liam O wrote: »
    This stage 2 you are all talking about? Is it after the IEC assessment yeah? Had payment verified yesterday and got nothing else...

Yeah it's after that. You have to wait for the "IEC Assessment" stage to change to "Verified" before you move on to stage 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 bigbertie

Title
    Name
    Occupation
    Address
    City
    Country
    Telephone
    Email
    Career
    Experience
    Technical Skills
    Interests

Thanks for the info. On the family information form do we put brothers/sisters under Children as it states in Section B - relationship e.g. brother, step-sister?

bigbertie wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. On the family information form do we put brothers/sisters under Children as it states in Section B - relationship e.g. brother, step-sister?

Nope.

WasterEx wrote: »
    Nope.

So is there no need to add brothers/sisters?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tony1212121

Do they need police certs from other countries in stage 2 i.e apart from Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

:D

In relation to no.2 is it a requirement to scan all stamped pages?
    I am going to have a huge file that i wont be able to upload.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

In relation to no.2 is it a requirement to scan all stamped pages?
    I am going to have a huge file that i wont be able to upload.

Open a word document, insert picture and insert all scanned images. Then do file, save as, put a name on it and change format to PDF. It'll save as a small size and be fine.

@bigbertie - why would u put siblings in a section called children.....

fifi2008 wrote: »
    Open a word document, insert picture and insert all scanned images. Then do file, save as, put a name on it and change format to PDF. It'll save as a small size and be fine.

@bigbertie - why would u put siblings in a section called children.....

it says in the notes e.g. brother/step sister. A brother is clearly not your child so i assumed they all went together.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Dub2013

Hi all. If your spouse if coming with you to Canada (he's going as a visitor as too old to get the IEC visa) do you tick yes or no in section A on the Family Information Form where it asks if your spouse will accompany you? I'm thinking it should be no as from what I've seen before CIC means be dependent on by accompany and no one else can come on your visa, but just want to be 100%. Anyone know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Dub2013 wrote: »
    Hi all. If your spouse if coming with you to Canada (he's going as a visitor as too old to get the IEC visa) do you tick yes or no in section A on the Family Information Form where it asks if your spouse will accompany you? I'm thinking it should be no as from what I've seen before CIC means be dependent on by accompany and no one else can come on your visa, but just want to be 100%. Anyone know for sure?
    I know i have read you tick no because he must have his own status when it comes to the IEC visa ie have his own IEC visa, visitor visa etc. if you tick yes it means he's a dependent and you can't have a dependent on the IEC Visa. I'll try and find a link to that info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

Hey Guys

FYI - This is taken from the confirmation letter that you get after sending your forms in stage 2:

When will CIC contact me?
    CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, an interview, or your passport. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit or consult the “What Happens Next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.
    Please do not send your passport or any documents to a CIC office unless it is requested by CIC. We will contact you if your passport or additional documents are required.

How long will it take to process my application?
    Processing times vary. Please refer to the following page for processing times related to your application:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
    Unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

Also the upload page says the following (after you're finished step 2):

If CIC has requested additional documentation to support your application, please upload, the document (s) requested. When the document is uploaded, select the "next" button to sign and submit the document(s). Once you've uploaded the document(s) requested, you will receive a confirmation message in your MyCIC account.
    If "overdue" appears in the status column, it means you have missed the deadline to upload the requested information. If you miss the deadline, you will not be able to submit the additional document(s) and a decision about your application will be made based on the information previously provided.

Sooo.. Everthing should be grand. If there is a problem with one of your documents, they will send you a message in your CIC account asking you to upload a new one (or maybe more information). Then they will send you a confirmation message that they got it. It seems they give you a deadline to upload the extra docs, and if you don't do it, they might reject your application. But I imagine this "deadline" would be at least a week, if not more.

I can't really see anyone being rejected because of invalid docs. You might be waiting a bit longer for the visa, but you will get chances to correct the docs if needed. So the only real reason why you might be rejected would be if your're not actually eligible.

So relax my friends! We'll be enjoying local canadian tipple and laughing at this in a few months time! :D

Edit - We should start a seperate thread discussing local canadian tipple....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement