Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

For Karbolt and others in my position who had used the wrong BOI sort code and resubmitted proof, I got IEC assessment verification today. Was a bit worried coming up to the deadline not hearing anything but hung tight!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ballybreen

ripcord wrote: »
    Hey Guys

FYI - This is taken from the confirmation letter that you get after sending your forms in stage 2:

When will CIC contact me?
    CIC will contact you if we require additional information, documents, an interview, or your passport. For general guidance on what to expect, you can visit or consult the “What Happens Next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.
    Please do not send your passport or any documents to a CIC office unless it is requested by CIC. We will contact you if your passport or additional documents are required.

How long will it take to process my application?
    Processing times vary. Please refer to the following page for processing times related to your application:
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp
    Unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application.

Also the upload page says the following (after you're finished step 2):

If CIC has requested additional documentation to support your application, please upload, the document (s) requested. When the document is uploaded, select the "next" button to sign and submit the document(s). Once you've uploaded the document(s) requested, you will receive a confirmation message in your MyCIC account.
    If "overdue" appears in the status column, it means you have missed the deadline to upload the requested information. If you miss the deadline, you will not be able to submit the additional document(s) and a decision about your application will be made based on the information previously provided.

Sooo.. Everthing should be grand. If there is a problem with one of your documents, they will send you a message in your CIC account asking you to upload a new one (or maybe more information). Then they will send you a confirmation message that they got it. It seems they give you a deadline to upload the extra docs, and if you don't do it, they might reject your application. But I imagine this "deadline" would be at least a week, if not more.

I can't really see anyone being rejected because of invalid docs. You might be waiting a bit longer for the visa, but you will get chances to correct the docs if needed. So the only real reason why you might be rejected would be if your're not actually eligible.

So relax my friends! We'll be enjoying local canadian tipple and laughing at this in a few months time! :D

Edit - We should start a seperate thread discussing local canadian tipple....

Ripcord, did you do a digital signature at the end of IMM1295? if so could you explain how? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

You're asked for a digital signature after you have submitted everything. You just type your name in and click on a button to verify it.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

1. Scan the Garda Cert and upload it. Make sure the Guards stamped it!

2. Scan your passport and upload it. Note - You need to scan the identification page AND every page that has a stamp on it. And these all have to be saved into the one file! The scanning machine will be able to do this. You'll need to figure it out or ask someone there.

3. Fill in the 1295E form. Be careful with the Postcodes. I know you should fill in empty fields with N/A or Not applicable - but when I entered these in the poscodes the doc wouldn't upload correctly (even though the doc itself verified - weird). Click the Validate button - an extra page will be generated at the bottom of the doc with a load of barcodes on it. Fill in the date at the bottom of the doc. You can save this file. You can print it out, sign it, and scan it back in if you like, but the signature is not neccesary. Upoload this.

4. Fill in the Family Information form (including the dates). You can't save it - so print it and then scan it back in. You can sign it if you like (I doubt they will complain if its signed) but again its not needed.

5. Upload your CV. It should be simple and only 1 or two pages. Don't go into too much detail. There is info on the web about Canadian CV formats. These are handy in the long run for applying for jobs when you get over there. Some key points are: Do not include your Sex or Date of Birth - and make sure your address is obvious. Only use years and months for education/employment.
    These are the headings I used:
    Title
    Name
    Occupation
    Address
    City
    Country
    Telephone
    Email
    Career
    Experience
    Technical Skills
    Interests

6. Upload your photo. It has to be VERY specific - like your head has to be between 35 and 39 mm high (or something like that). I can't find the restrictions at the moment, but I had to use photo-editing software to get mine working.

Once everything is uploaded a "Continue" button will be available at the bottom of the screen. Click this and go through the steps. I can't remember exactly but the steps are simple. Near the end you will be asked to apply a digital signature. I think its just a case of clicking a button and entering your name and password. Can't remember exactly but it's easy.

Once your finished, you will get a message in your CIC account confirming that they received your documents. Its a PDF file. When you open it there will be an application number at the top of the letter. This is your CIC number. Go into your IKompass account and in the My Profile section click the section to update your CIC number. Add this number in there.

That's about as much as I can remember. I doubt the WTN numbers are relative for the CIC, so having a low number (I was around 200) won't make much difference. I think it's first come first serve with these guys.

Now we play the waiting game again! :D

Ripcord did you upload all the documents by pressing the continue button before or after you received your conditional acceptance letter.

At present I have all my documents except for the conditional acceptance letter uploaded.My payment is confirmed.Can I upload these documents by pressing the next button at the end of the "your documents" page (I don't see any continue button) or do I wait for the confirmation letter to come via a message before I do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

jonsnow wrote: »

Ripcord did you upload all the documents before or after you received your conditional acceptance letter.

At present I have all my documents except for the conditional acceptance letter uploaded.My payment is confirmed.Can I upload these documents by pressing the next button at the end of the "your documents" page or do I wait for the confirmation letter to come via a message before I do that?

The "continue" button at the bottom of the screen shouldn't appear until all docs are uploaded. So you need to wait for the acceptance letter before proceeding.

But of course you can still upload the rest of them while your waiting. The system will save them - so when you log in again they will be still there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

Does our C.V need to be in Canadian format??

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

The "continue" button at the bottom of the screen shouldn't appear until all docs are uploaded. So you need to wait for the acceptance letter before proceeding.

But of course you can still upload the rest of them while your waiting. The system will save them - so when you log in again they will be still there.

So I have all the docs uploaded and ready to go except for the conditional acceptance letter and my payment is verified.Do I just have to wait now to receive a message with the conditional acceptance letter. Then upload that and click continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

Does our C.V need to be in Canadian format??

Nope.
    jonsnow wrote: »
    So I have all the docs uploaded and ready to go except for the conditional acceptance letter and my payment is verified.Do I just have to wait now to receive a message with the conditional acceptance letter. Then upload that and click continue.

Yep.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 brunettechick

do we need to add additional pages for employment to cover 10 years?? the three spaces they leave only goes back to 2009 for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

when you get the confirmation of receipt for stage 2 is the application number the number you must put into your kompass account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭TheChief36

Trying to upload IMM1295 and getting "Your document contains invalid entries". Tearing my hair out. It would be nice if they gave me a specific error.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

would like to know this too? and where are you required to enter it?

Its a number we get after uploading everything to the CIC site. As usual big todo about nothing :):D

Transmitted it at long last. Does it really take 50 days to get a myCIC confirmation number thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

Anyone applying for a second year ?
    When I put Canada as my residence then the IEC is not available so have to put down Ireland, anyone found a way around this? Or are you leaving yours as Ireland too?

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭TheJims

TheChief36 wrote: »
    Trying to upload IMM1295 and getting "Your document contains invalid entries". Tearing my hair out. It would be nice if they gave me a specific error.

did u find out what the error was Chief? been trying to upload it 40 mins now, and must of checking every "field" 10 times by now :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Ultra Magnus

I set-up a 'MyCIC' account last month, I guess I can still use this account to complete stage 2 or is it better to delete that account and set-up a new account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

for the 1295E form are you fill contact information with your address etc or just leaving it blank and putting your email address?

i put my parents address as the mail address, and my apartment address as residential address, then my email at the bottom, should i of leaving all the address's blank, and only putting down the email?

i don't know mate that's what i am trying to decide to do now:D

I think my error was basically I failed to tick "same country as residence" for "country where applying" so I put some tosh dates there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Tbh you won't get rejected for adding extra information. I put my address and email address.

what did you write for postal code and district when i write n/a a the box goes red and wont accept it?

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    what did you write for postal code and district when i write n/a a the box goes red and wont accept it?

I put nothing in those fields. I saw someone else on boards who said they had a problem there too. so they ended up leaving those fields blank.

JustRoss23 wrote: »

your to leave them 2 blank

• Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

What are the IEC acceptance numbers at now? I'm in the 1800s and no word yet.

cheers lads:D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

UCI...... whats the story folks? I presume its nothing to lose my dinner over.
    thank you folks in advance.

DodoByrne wrote: »
    UCI...... whats the story folks? I presume its nothing to lose my dinner over.
    thank you folks in advance.

As far as I know it's irrelevant to all new applicants. Not sure about previous applicants.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

my payment has been verified. do i just sit and wait for a letter or do i need to fill out any forms?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

Agro Head wrote: »
    my payment has been verified. do i just sit and wait for a letter or do i need to fill out any forms?
    It's the waiting game now, u gotta wait till they review your application and verify that section, I'm at the same stage...been waitin a week already

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement