Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 reckoner

I'm in and around the 1800's and still waiting for a response....if i don't hear anything in the next 3/4 hours, that's it 'til Monday afternoon. Forget about it for the weekend....and pray....bit of both :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

reckoner wrote: »
    I'm in and around the 1800's and still waiting for a response....if i don't hear anything in the next 3/4 hours, that's it 'til Monday afternoon. Forget about it for the weekend....and pray....bit of both :D
    yea me too. still waiting on my garda certs from back home. I'm already in canada. Does anyone know if having an existing work permit (nearly expired) would affect my chances?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

what is people writing for the employment bit if you are unemployed at present are ye writing unemployed and the dates or just writing N/A

• Registered Users Posts: 19,174 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Realised I made a big mistake with my payment. I put down IE-001234 as the WTN because that was on the printout I had but my actual one was over 6000, the payment was verified but I think that might lead to problems. Really annoyed as I just didn't think in the bank, should I message them or wait and see?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

Balls, just realised i put the wrong dates altogether on the third part of the employment history.
    I had uploaded it and everything after validating and have just realised as I'm doing my CV that i have the dates wrong in the notes I'm working off!!
    Is the "modify" button supposed to work. I keep getting "bad gateway".
    Maybe I'll try in another browser. Ah well. Dope.
    I'm sure I'll get a chance to rectify that, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

TheChief36 wrote: »
    Trying to upload IMM1295 and getting "Your document contains invalid entries". Tearing my hair out. It would be nice if they gave me a specific error.

I had this same problem. It was just a trial and error I found. I believe I had N/A written into one of the address fields. Maybe postcode. Strangely this validated ok. When I just left it blank, it uploaded ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

Liam O wrote: »
    Realised I made a big mistake with my payment. I put down IE-001234 as the WTN because that was on the printout I had but my actual one was over 6000, the payment was verified but I think that might lead to problems. Really annoyed as I just didn't think in the bank, should I message them or wait and see?

Yeh, because there will be someone with 001234 as their actual reference number. It will look like multiple payments from the same person.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,174 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Y2Gray1895 wrote: »
    Yeh, because there will be someone with 001234 as their actual reference number. It will look like multiple payments from the same person.

It has been verified though...

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

DodoByrne wrote: »
    Balls, just realised i put the wrong dates altogether on the third part of the employment history.
    I had uploaded it and everything after validating and have just realised as I'm doing my CV that i have the dates wrong in the notes I'm working off!!
    Is the "modify" button supposed to work. I keep getting "bad gateway".
    Maybe I'll try in another browser. Ah well. Dope.
    I'm sure I'll get a chance to rectify that, right?

Have you completely submitted your application?
    If not you can just edit the application form that you've got on your pc. Then click modify and you can replace the current file already there with the new fixed file.

cheers wasterEx, i think the problem is when you have ur account open and it just sits there for a bit, then none of the links work, like it times out. I've reopened it and i'll do that now, i hope :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 shayzcla

does anybody know if you lived abroad say over 5 years ago for a while will you need a police cert from that country

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

Liam O wrote: »
    It has been verified though...

Well, then leave it unless they contact you. They will message you if there's a problem.

Sorted, haha. We're some lucky to have all these lovely strangers to help each other. Good times ahead after all the sweating and nail biting :D

shayzcla wrote: »
    does anybody know if you lived abroad say over 5 years ago for a while will you need a police cert from that country

I believe you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

shayzcla wrote: »

yes u need it for any county you LIVED IN FOR LONGER THAN SIX MONTHS

Just another Q on the digital photo. I asked the lovely girl who did it for me in the local pharmacy to give it to me digitally (not in a filthy way)
    The jpeg she put on my usb key is all four photos in one. Is that ok? I've uploaded it grand. Its just the same pic 4 times in a jpeg file!!
    Didn't cop it til i got home.

Just another Q on the digital photo. I asked the lovely girl who did it for me in the local pharmacy to give it to me digitally (not in a filthy way)
    The jpeg she put on my usb key is all four photos in one. Is that ok? I've uploaded it grand. Its just the same pic 4 times in a jpeg file!!
    Didn't cop it til i got home.

dout it very much ,the girl did mine the same on usb, i went back and got a single

dout it very much ,the girl did mine the same on usb, i went back and got a single

So u reckon I should defo head back in and get a single. No bothers i guess.
    As long as they keep it on their cpu.
    Cheers youngman :)

So u reckon I should defo head back in and get a single. No bothers i guess.
    As long as they keep it on their cpu.
    Cheers youngman :)

i would anyhow, only quick trip back chemist ,,rather that than it being denied and having too resubmit it again delay application

this is wat they say under digital photo on cic

The final frame size of the PHOTO must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").

clearly says PHOTO there not photos :D

i would anyhow, only quick trip back chemist ,,rather that than it being denied and having too resubmit it again delay application

this is wat they say under digital photo on cic

The final frame size of the PHOTO must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").

clearly says PHOTO there not photos :D

Yes ur totally right there dude. Jeez it really is home for the anally retentive, this form filling jive.
    How are you doing with it man?

• Advertisement

Yes ur totally right there dude. Jeez it really is home for the anally retentive, this form filling jive.
    How are you doing with it man?

im good had few beers last nite after submitting all forms ,stress is right

it aint even that, its just mental torture making sure everything is right double checkin
    fingers crossed ,its all good and hit road in may ;)

im good had few beers last nite after submitting all forms ,stress is right

it aint even that, its just mental torture making sure everything is right double checkin
    fingers crossed ,its all good and hit road in may ;)

same as man. hope to be in Vancouver by june or july at the latest. May hopefully. Debating whether to go straight there or fly into Montreal and work my way across for a few months. All an adventure sure.
    I'm gonna get a dog when i go over so they'll give me citizenship :D

same as man. hope to be in Vancouver by june or july at the latest. May hopefully. Debating whether to go straight there or fly into Montreal and work my way across for a few months. All an adventure sure.
    I'm gonna get a dog when i go over so they'll give me citizenship :D

ah the women are meant too be class i wouldnt call them dogs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭underthetides

Still waiting verification of payment, I am at my wits end.

Paid on Wednesday LAST, asked for additional proof of payment the next day Thursday, I emailed them telling them my bank could not provide additional proof of payment, no reply. Then emailed them stating the account number I paid into and re-clarifying all my details and still nothing. Two more emails asking if that was sufficient information, no reply.

This is absolutely ridiculous, have the IEC any idea how stressful this process is.

Oh and in case anyone was wondering, the embassy are absolutely no help. Went in the other day and was told they knew nothing and there was no one there to help me.

is anyone having trouble in the iec part when you go to add the number?when i add the number and go to fill in the security questions and when i hit enter this keeps coming up.Please enter the correct answer to the security question 1.ever though i am just trying to add my number it wont let me allow it to submit changes all i want to do is add my new application number:( ha

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    is anyone having trouble in the iec part when you go to add the number?when i add the number and go to fill in the security questions and when i hit enter this keeps coming up.Please enter the correct answer to the security question 1.ever though i am just trying to add my number it wont let me allow it to submit changes all i want to do is add my new application number:( ha

Make sure you've not made any typos, and make sure you answered the security questions correctly! ;) We'll be on the road in no time man :cool:

JustRoss23 wrote: »

you sure u have right answers too question there different on both accounts
    thats all i can think of

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Hi folks,
    Has anyone been moved to stage 2 today and if so, can you share your WTN# range. I'm over the 2,000 mark so I'm interested to see what
    progress they're making.
    Also, anyone in Canada moved to stage 2 yet?

Jeez i dont know lads it wont seem to accept it:( haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

Hi folks,
    Has anyone been moved to stage 2 today and if so, can you share your WTN# range. I'm over the 2,000 mark so I'm interested to see what
    progress they're making.
    Also, anyone in Canada moved to stage 2 yet?

im in between the 900-1000 range and haven't heard anything yet, does it even go by that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement