Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

not sure but a girl was before me numbers wise like 50 i think and a half hour later i received mine so i think it does as all that seems to have them now are low numbers;

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

im in between the 900-1000 range and haven't heard anything yet, does it even go by that?

im 945 and ive my process completed
    probably dont want too hear that ,
    but if its like last week they be workin over wkend ,just hang in there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

hopefully im just around the corner so! ha

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭makita

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Jeez i dont know lads it wont seem to accept it:( haha
    Had you caps lock on for any letter, I think they are case sensitive

Happy days lads got it sorted was a rookie error:o:D:D big thanks to everyone for there help :D and all we can to now is wait and hopefully get our visa granted:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

im in between the 900-1000 range and haven't heard anything yet, does it even go by that?

Myself and the gf are consecutive nums in the 990's, she was moved to phase 2 yesterday evening and I'm still waiting, I made both our payments at the same time. I'd say they split applications into piles and assign them to workers or something so for the most part it'll be in order but sometimes it'll be a little mixed up.

good stuff martie twill be on soon feels strange now nothing to do no panicking its like a black cloud has just been lifted;)

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

Hey guys

I previously obtained a working holiday visa through USIT in 2009. When creating the CIC account do I use the client ID I was given then even though it was a few years ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

Lads, it's the weekend, relax and have some stress free time.
    Here's that fun and famous video of Denis Ryan from Tipp, long settled here in Canada, he is a good laugh :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvLpDHhpWqY

^^^
    is that real? or just a sneer? because in another video hes in limerick with the same interviewer talking about wall street:D he says the truth haha it seems kind of staged?:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

im between 560-600 and I still havent heard anything yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭RootsCanada

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    ^^^
    is that real? or just a sneer? because in another video hes in limerick with the same interviewer talking about wall street:D he says the truth haha it seems kind of staged?:D

Ah yeah, it's a bit of craic alright, but he is of that sentiment.
    This was the first one, Limerick came second.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

I am one of the lucky ones who have a conditional acceptance letter at the moment.

As people have mentioned before it says: 'We are pleased to inform you that you meet the eligibility requirements of the International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative for citizens of Ireland. This conditional acceptance is valid until 2013-08-07. This letter alone does not allow you to enter Canada.'

I really didnt realise that i have to be in Canada by 07th August. Is this the case for everybody? Do people not usually have a year to activate this? Any way to extend it? I don't know if ill be in a position to go then.. wanted to sort a few things before going

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    I am one of the lucky ones who have a conditional acceptance letter at the moment.

As people have mentioned before it says: 'We are pleased to inform you that you meet the eligibility requirements of the International Experience Canada (IEC) initiative for citizens of Ireland. This conditional acceptance is valid until 2013-08-07. This letter alone does not allow you to enter Canada.'

I really didnt realise that i have to be in Canada by 07th August. Is this the case for everybody? Do people not usually have a year to activate this? Any way to extend it? I don't know if ill be in a position to go then.. wanted to sort a few things before going

It means the letter is valid till 7th of August you have till then top
    complete the application

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭username2013

You have a conditional acceptance. The next stage is the immigration assessment. If you pass this you will then be sent a LOI (letter of introduction) and you will have 1 year from when this is issued to activate your visa....

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

del777 wrote: »
    im between 560-600 and I still havent heard anything yet :(
    no way, ahh don't worry hopefully our time will come :D

It means the letter is valid till 7th of August you have till then top
    complete the application

Thanks.

OK i must have misunderstood.. so i can complete the form by then. What is the latest then that i can go to Canada then? Would it be six months from the time i complete the application, in my case 6 months from now to complete the form plus six months? Is this outlined anywhere on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Thanks.

OK i must have misunderstood.. so i can complete the form by then. What is the latest then that i can go to Canada then? Would it be six months from the time i complete the application, in my case 6 months from now to complete the form plus six months? Is this outlined anywhere on the site?

One year from the date of issue of the loi

Thanks Lads. That's what i thought all along - When i got the letter i just panicked.

Thanks Lads. That's what i thought all along - When i got the letter i just panicked.

Thanks lads... and lassies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 shanewhite

Hi all, little query concerning filling out the IMM1295E Form. Im currently visiting Seattle, USA on a tourist visa, here until early April. Should I put down the united States as country where im applying from (Q9) or Ireland? Cheers all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

shanewhite wrote: »
    Hi all, little query concerning filling out the IMM1295E Form. Im currently visiting Seattle, USA on a tourist visa, here until early April. Should I put down the united States as country where im applying from (Q9) or Ireland? Cheers all.

no ireland, you are not currently residing in the USA!!

no ireland, you are not currently residing in the USA!!

Ah yes, I know im residing in Ireland but confused as I'm physically applying from here (Seattle)...jeez im turning into some nervous nelly with this visa application!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

ah the women are meant too be class i wouldnt call them dogs :rolleyes:

Hah, ah no. Some beauties over there alright. Went out with a girl from Vancouver and was out there september 2011. Loved it, so I'll marry a hound dog if i have to :D

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭flynnser19

whats UCI mean at the top of the IM1295E form??

WasterEx wrote: »
    As far as I know it's irrelevant to all new applicants. Not sure about previous applicants.

Cheers man.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

flynnser19 wrote: »
    whats UCI mean at the top of the IM1295E form??

You dont have one yet. You'll be given one by the CIC during or at the end of your application.

Its basically a Client ID. They can pull up your file with it. If you we're to apply for any other visa/work permit in the future you would put it on the forms.

Last year we got it with the LOI at the end

Darn it!! Still very confused as to what I should put down for Q9 on the IMM1295e form - Country where applying. I've put Ireland as country of residence but im here in the US as a tourist until April visiting my gf, and applying from here...Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope...

shanewhite wrote: »
    Darn it!! Still very confused as to what I should put down for Q9 on the IMM1295e form - Country where applying. I've put Ireland as country of residence but im here in the US as a tourist until April visiting my gf, and applying from here...Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope...

You are a resident of Ireland, you are a tourist in the states. As its an online process I'd say you're good to go as Ireland for that one.
    If I was on holiday in Timbuktoo right now I'd still be an Irish Resident.

• Advertisement

I've obviously spelt Timbuktu wrong also, so I might not be great for travel advice.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement