Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shanewhite

DodoByrne wrote: »
    You are a resident of Ireland, you are a tourist in the states. As its an online process I'd say you're good to go as Ireland for that one.
    If I was on holiday in Timbuktoo right now I'd still be an Irish Resident.

I hear the weather in Timbuktoo is great right now?? :D Cheers dude, may the force be with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

Haha, cheers man. I actually look like an auld Jedi too. I'm sure i'm one of the older applicants on here too. 60 years old last month :D

May the moose be with you

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭underthetides

Where is this elusive IEC Facebook page and how can one get in touch with this rep people keep quoting?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mairemoo

Where is this elusive IEC Facebook page and how can one get in touch with this rep people keep quoting?
    Its called Canada IEC 2012 on facebook its a gruop yu have to join, theres actually a whole lotta people still on the waiting list of having their payments verfied. I woulnd't worry about it! Im at ease after seeing comments on the page

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭underthetides

mairemoo wrote: »
    Its called Canada IEC 2012 on facebook its a gruop yu have to join, theres actually a whole lotta people still on the waiting list of having their payments verfied. I woulnd't worry about it! Im at ease after seeing comments on the page

Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

Ok this is a bit out of place on in the middle of these messages sine you all seem to be on the way to getting your visas and everything approved but iv been travelling with work for the past month an didn't get to do ANYTHING for this years IEC application...honestly figured that it would be fine to apply when i got home and got my stuff together (just home this weekend). And now it looks like they aren't taking more applications? can anyone shed any light on this? will i have to wait til 2014 to apply? absolutely gutted, stupidly presumed it would be fine to apply mid Feb :(

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

Ellie1988 wrote: »
    Ok this is a bit out of place on in the middle of these messages sine you all seem to be on the way to getting your visas and everything approved but iv been travelling with work for the past month an didn't get to do ANYTHING for this years IEC application...honestly figured that it would be fine to apply when i got home and got my stuff together (just home this weekend). And now it looks like they aren't taking more applications? can anyone shed any light on this? will i have to wait til 2014 to apply? absolutely gutted, stupidly presumed it would be fine to apply mid Feb :(

id say you'll have to wait to 2014 to be honest. i think all the places are gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Ellie1988

Thanks for the reply...never thought they would go so soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Does anyone know if the CIC file number for IEC is the application number on the submission confirmation or does another letter come through? Thanks

Himself's done and he was late 900s, no sign of mine yet and I'm mid 700s. His was verified before mine so obviously going on first come first served, as they said.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I was accepted in the IEC part so now just waiting on the next round, anyone still waiting?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    not sure but a girl was before me numbers wise like 50 i think and a half hour later i received mine so i think it does as all that seems to have them now are low numbers;

So that's all I am now huh?!?! A Girl!!! :D :P :P :rolleyes:;):cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

9 days later still awaiting payment verification. anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mairemoo

im on day 10! Theres loads others still waiting though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Same here waiting 9 days for payment verification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

not to worry too much then fellas, had stopped looking at the thread just cos i was falling so far behind in the process i didnt know what people were banging on about and didnt know what the situation is.

still think back to the bloke who got it within 8 hours, something not too fair about how many of us have taken longer in days than some in hours

not to worry too much then fellas, had stopped looking at the thread just cos i was falling so far behind in the process i didnt know what people were banging on about and didnt know what the situation is.

yeah when you look at this thread you see how far other people are in the process and wondering why the payment hasn't been verified.

gary27 wrote: »
    yeah when you look at this thread you see how far other people are in the process and wondering why the payment hasn't been verified.

you still waiting gary, i got mine verified last sunday. waiting on my conditional acceptance letter. maybe that will happen this sunday

Surfn wrote: »
    you still waiting gary, i got mine verified last sunday. waiting on my conditional acceptance letter. maybe that will happen this sunday

yeah still waiting not much else i can do but wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭danny2013

does anyone think the conditional acceptance letter be on its way to me anytime soon? , i hate waiting and i sent it on 31st of january with payment on 1st February, maybe im just not being patient enough lol , but ive heard about people getting their conditional acceptance letter already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

dont know mate i got my letter in a week and submitted my forms last night just waiting on my loi now:D

• Advertisement

Maybe i will hear something soon :pac:

wats an LOI?

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    dont know mate i got my letter in a week and submitted my forms last night just waiting on my loi now:D

if i get my acceptance letter, i might need your help to fill parts of this out. is it tricky to fill out

• Registered Users Posts: 20 ricomc77

Just to ask, do we need to complete an assessment after we get payment verified and on the back of that we then get a letter of acceptance? It's just because I don't see where I can complete the first assessment on my account, or do I need to wait for that to open?? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

danny2013 wrote: »
    wats an LOI?

LOI = Letter of INtroduction, it's what you show at the Port of Entry to get your visa

oh yes, the letter u get when u get accepted at stage 2 of the application, i get ye now :)

an loi is basically the visa:D ah i found it tricky enough but just glad i have it sent away now such a relief:D

hopefully it wont be long for me now, what part are you going to?

calgary alberta hopeing end of march what about you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 nransom21

hi sorry to get in the middle of your convo...can anyone please help me out. Im from the UK, the application hasnt opened yet but im trying to get all my documents sorted, does anyone know how you get a conditional acceptance letter?! i cant access the IEC Kompass?

also while filling out the IMM1295 application, even if I click IEC Working Holiday it still asks me for employer ect, but dont need that?! can anyone shed any light?? thanks :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement