Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Well my poor hair is just about still in. That was more frustrating than I was expecting, spech since the myCIC kept booting my off while I was filling out forms, and my printer decided to be a spaz and go offline on me when I needed it to print. I could analyse and question yall as to whether I put the right answers in the right box, but I don't see the point, I'd only go stir crazy and so would ye. It's sent now, what'l be will be!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭danny2013

do i have to print out my family information form and sign it myself with a pen? cuz u cant sign it on the computer , u can only put on the date onto it. they want it signed 3 times i think

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

danny2013 wrote: »
    did u print and scan ur family information form and then upload it to cic because it needs to be signed and dated before it gets sent doesnt it, u cant sign it whilst its on pc, it seems u need to print it and physically sign it then scan it

thats what i'm gonna do. No harm in doing it that way i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lightnings

Hey there! Just a quick question on the family information form. When it asks on the top what type of application this is for, do you check worker or other?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

lightnings wrote: »
    Hey there! Just a quick question on the family information form. When it asks on the top what type of application this is for, do you check worker or other?

other than write "working holiday" in the box beside it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

fifi2008 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the CIC file number for IEC is the application number on the submission confirmation or does another letter come through? Thanks

Himself's done and he was late 900s, no sign of mine yet and I'm mid 700s. His was verified before mine so obviously going on first come first served, as they said.

Same question basically, has anyone clarified this one yet?
    I would also assume that it is the application number on the submission confirmation message

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Same question basically, has anyone clarified this one yet?
    I would also assume that it is the application number on the submission confirmation message

Yep tis the application number at the top of your work permit confirmation message - the first message sent to your mymessages in your myCIC account :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shanewhite

Hi all,

Question re Q9 in the 1295e form "Country where applying from". As im currently visiting the US until early April - as a tourist - it looks like I'll have to input "United States of America" and select the "visitor" status. I've already inputted Ireland as my country of residence (Q7) etc but from cic help-page, it does look like for Q9, I'll have to say the US as country where applying from. Unfortunately that might involve submitting more forms etc "Note: If you are not a citizen of the country where you are making your application, you must provide proof of your legal status when you submit your application."

I posted a question about this yesterday and got one or two replies...I've held off from validating the form so far though, I just don't want to make any mistakes here.. any advice?? Cheers!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Its possible they're checking the IP address so know ur not applying from Ireland. Send it off with US and send message, or else wait til u get back...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

gary27 wrote: »
    yeah when you look at this thread you see how far other people are in the process and wondering why the payment hasn't been verified.

Yeah I'm now waiting more or less 9 days for any kind of feedback from them...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 mexican council of food

im in between the 900-1000 range and haven't heard anything yet, does it even go by that?

They hardly go by your WTN number in order. The WTN numbers were given out IN order but people had 7 days to put their payment stuff up and this was hardly done in order. For example 505 could have put their payment up on a monday and 246 could have waited til wednesday to put theirs up. It says first come first served, so by this logic 505 will get their conditional letter of acceptance before 246...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mossywolf

They hardly go by your WTN number in order. The WTN numbers were given out IN order but people had 7 days to put their payment stuff up and this was hardly done in order. For example 505 could have put their payment up on a monday and 246 could have waited til wednesday to put theirs up. It says first come first served, so by this logic 505 will get their conditional letter of acceptance before 246...

I am under 2000 and have yet to have my payment verified, which I paid last Wed, so going of WTN isn't happening.

hdowney wrote: »
    Yep tis the application number at the top of your work permit confirmation message - the first message sent to your mymessages in your myCIC account :D

I just got mine, but can't find where you enter the CIC file number in the IEC account. Anyone?

Go to my profile in my cic

*edit - Sorry, in iec

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

DodoByrne wrote: »
    I just got mine, but can't find where you enter the CIC file number in the IEC account. Anyone?

Select my profile on the left. Theirs a option to for your CIC file number

thanks fifi, just did it. It just said update saved successfully. I guess I'm done!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 shelhart

Gonzo89 wrote: »
    after I've validated it, and uploaded it, the message I get is
    "Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue. •
    Your document contains invalid entries. Please review your document and retry"

I've read the document a million times and can't for the life of me find any invalid entries...like sure it wouldn't allow me to validate if there were invalid entries? driving me crazy.

I had the same problem all day.... I'm helping my brother out with his app...tried chrome and mozilla and kept changing little things in the application form. I thought it might be because we're in Canada...
    Anyway... eventually opened up a fresh new form from the link on the checklist and completed it again and it just uploaded! Maybe they just get hung up when we edit, verify save.. edit, verify save. It's worth a shot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nransom21

hey guys just having a small problem, im filling out the IMM1295 and the part where it ask what type of visa I put IEC working holiday, but it asks me for details of employer, but we dont need this for this type of visa right??!!! :S

nransom21 wrote: »
    hey guys just having a small problem, im filling out the IMM1295 and the part where it ask what type of visa I put IEC working holiday, but it asks me for details of employer, but we dont need this for this type of visa right??!!! :S

Just put "N/A"..... as in Not Applicable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 nransom21

Thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Kazkaz2

:-(
    ::-(
    still waiting on payment to be verified:-/
    I understand there's thousands to be processed but like seriously, please please please just verify it so i can like have one good nights sleep withoutp dreaming about it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

That's grand but I know someone who has a larger WTN than me AND submitted the proof of payment a day later than me. They got their proof of payment on Friday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 MarZ8ar

what WTN are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ukulayla

Hey Guys, my payment has been verified and I'm just waiting for my conditional acceptance letter. I started doing my CIC account, just to get a headstart but it won't let me sign anything on the IMM5707 form. Is this the norm? I tried printing, signing and scanning it back in but now it won't let me upload that. Sorry if I'm being an idiot here, not the most computer savvy!

ukulayla wrote: »
    Hey Guys, my payment has been verified and I'm just waiting for my conditional acceptance letter. I started doing my CIC account, just to get a headstart but it won't let me sign anything on the IMM5707 form. Is this the norm? I tried printing, signing and scanning it back in but now it won't let me upload that. Sorry if I'm being an idiot here, not the most computer savvy!

You don't need to sign anything at all. When you get to the very end you type in your name to verify everything - a digital signature. So fill out everything except the signatures.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭smitas5

COME ON ladys stop this chit chat here.. It's a forum, not a chat room.. Clicking quote on the long instruction and typing thanks is so unnecessary.. Please, it doesn't help at all to the readers, who try to get help here, also the reason why members keep asking same questions over and over.
    Hope this helps to people who want help, not to chat here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

^^^^^
    are you a mod? if not i don't think its your job to leave messages like that:p

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭smitas5

No I'm not a mod, but I did read all the thread from page 1 and 80% is off-topic conversations.. Which pub to visit? Same same questions over and over, and only if people would read the instructions given in Kompass, this thread would be half it's size. Thats all I have to say. This is off-topic anyway. Admire people who try to help others here.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 hacker21

Just want to say what is wrong with sayin thanks when someone is good enough to help you out, to be honest this thread has been a life saver for me and many like me because where else can you go to get questions answered and/or a bit or reasurance that your on the right track. I might not be posted much but I am following along. The process has been confusing and over complicated to say the least but imo this thread is might not be perfect but it works. Just saying a big thanks to everyone and I for one appricate the help!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

I have a question that I am sure has been answered various times on this thread but I dont have the patience to go back going 4 it so if anyone can help that would be appreciated. I created a MyCIC acc in December, trying to be proactive but it is due to expire in a few days and I dont think I will have all the necessary requirements to complete the application. I assume once it expires I can create a new acc???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement