Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 shelhart

Johanna3 wrote: »
    I have a question that I am sure has been answered various times on this thread but I dont have the patience to go back going 4 it so if anyone can help that would be appreciated. I created a MyCIC acc in December, trying to be proactive but it is due to expire in a few days and I dont think I will have all the necessary requirements to complete the application. I assume once it expires I can create a new acc???

Your account shouldn't expire just the online application you started in dec. You could delete that application, do the come to canada wizard again and get a new checklist code and then start from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

Johanna3 wrote: »
    I have a question that I am sure has been answered various times on this thread but I dont have the patience to go back going 4 it so if anyone can help that would be appreciated. I created a MyCIC acc in December, trying to be proactive but it is due to expire in a few days and I dont think I will have all the necessary requirements to complete the application. I assume once it expires I can create a new acc???

I had to create a new one due to issues i had with my digital signature. So i have 2 under the same email address and only very slightly different username/password. Go for it.
    Just be consistent in your info. especially your name!!!
    I had a fada on my ó in the CIC and thats what they use for the digital signal. But the application form doesn't allow "special characters".
    So if you're a special character I wish you luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

Thank you Shelhart and Dodobyrne, the rational part of me was saying it would be ok, but this application process has turned me into a nervous wreak. I fill out forms and do application on behalf of others as part of my jobs and I am still finding this difficult

Yeah, mine is in. But I'm not entirely sure they won't be asking for clarification on something, or to resize the digital photo.
    But they give you a chance to get things a little wrong, as long as you're not a cereal/serial killer i think we'll all be fine.
    Bureaucracy always makes me feel ill and unsure about the entire cosmos. what can you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

smitas5 wrote: »
    COME ON ladys stop this chit chat here.. It's a forum, not a chat room.. Clicking quote on the long instruction and typing thanks is so unnecessary.. Please, it doesn't help at all to the readers, who try to get help here, also the reason why members keep asking same questions over and over.
    Hope this helps to people who want help, not to chat here.

By definition, a forum is where like minded people share information on a common interest. I for one am far from someone constantly replying and filling threads with waffle and space. But the thread had gotten to the stage where one can't go back and read it, and I applaude you for having the time and patience to do so. You mentioned there also that all one has to do is read the instructions. If that's the case why have you had the need to read all the thread....boards is used to help people and discuss various issues. If you had such an issue with repetition, maybe you should have stopped reading after the 50th page, and not the 300th. You strike me as a bit of a keyboard warrior, hiding behind your screen. It's that simple, if you have a problem, don't log in. Best of luck with the Canadians, I hear they're a very friendly and helpful bunch....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

haha i agree with both posters to a certain extant. why is there not a mod on this post deleting post etc that's what there job is for isn't it?;) like surely they could spend half an hour deleting all the posts that are not relevant i understand people get caught up in chit chat etc i have myself but surely when a couple of days go by the mod could come in a clean up these posts. i no if i could i would so if you wanna make me a mod fire away;)

theres also a "thread search" option at top right of the page. Quite handy for zoning in on a certain issue.
    I'd have been fairly lost a couple of times without this thread, so I'll take the chit chat along with the useful posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Well this is only adding to the length and I felt the need to defend myself, but I wasn't chit chatting. I answered her question, 1 post...have I missed something..

justross, do you have a moped? and a haircut like Paul Weller? That'll make you a mod.

I hope someone finds this useful!

^^^^
    man it does not matter what you write here no ones going to listen everyone has and will write what they want:D

• Advertisement

Dodo no afraid not i dont:( ah well:D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thenexthenry

Alright this is getting ridiculous now, it's been 10 days since i paid and still nothing! People keep saying just relax it will be fine if you paid, but how is it some people have got verified within 2 days, and i'm still waiting (along with a good few others going by this thread). It's also absolutely no use mailing them cause i did that 5 days ago and i've heard nothing back, calling just goes to an answering machine as well >:(

yea mate it sucks i would be bulling i was one of the lucky ones i guess. if your in no rush to Canada does it really matter?:D like i am hoping to be there end of march so i was still waiting i would be mad but if you are not planning on going till may or June whats the rush?:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

Awaiting verification- Day 10...

skeleton-computer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thenexthenry

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    yea mate it sucks i would be bulling i was one of the lucky ones i guess. if your in no rush to Canada does it really matter?:D like i am hoping to be there end of march so i was still waiting i would be mad but if you are not planning on going till may or June whats the rush?:P

well i kinda am in a rush to get out, i'm just vegetating in this country, and i'd like the comfortable thought that i will be getting the visa this year. i'd be pretty pissed off if they turned around and said cause of some glitch they missed my payment and have taken someone elses in for my place!

Although saying all that, I probably couldn't afford to go right now anyway...i'd like to just put my mind at rest :rolleyes:

aaaaandd end rant

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

You are going to get a level of chat on this thread to be fair - it started life as various different threads that the mods decided to merge into one thread. I don't think you can completely get rid of the chat, people are hardly going to start a new thread every time they think of something they want to chat about. Anyway.

To those of you still waiting I feel your pain I do. But as long as you have paid and have a WTN you are ok, your payment will get verified and you will get to move on. I can understand if you want to be in Can already it is even more frustrating, the process has already been seriously delayed. but I am sure the IEC people are working flat out to process things as quickly as possible. Chin up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bapman30

When trying to upload my IMM1295 Application in MyCIC account keep getting the error message.

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.

Your document contains invalid entries. Please review your document and retry.

My application has passed validation and checked over and over again but everything is correct.

Any idea if this is website issue or how to get round this problem?

Just to clarify, nothing has red boxes around it? Have you put N/A and Not Applicable in the work information (as in where you'l be working in Can?) Have you put N/A in any of the address boxes, like po box - if so take them out and leave them blank. Other than that I am not sure what could be causing it. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 shelhart

I spent HOURS yesterday getting those messages. I have PR in Canada but helping my 2 brothers with paperwork for their second work permit.
    I tried everything I could think of, even deleted the entire applications, went to the come to canada wizard and got a new checklist codes to start over I was that p'd off. It's so annoying, I can't put my finger on what I did to finally make them go through... when I started a new application for the first brother I clicked the link for the IMM 1295 form and completed it again - even though I had abt 20 copies saved. I saved and uploaded and it went through first time.
    Though I had it all figured out but when I tried the same for the second brother it didn't work grr.... I kept changing little things on the form and just kept typing it up from scratch and it eventually went up... just keep on it I'm afraid :confused:

Ok I got it sorted. For employment in Canada section I had put unknown for Name of Employer, Complete Address of Employer, Address however when I took these out it uploaded.

The only place where unknown or n/a should be placed is under Job Title and Brief Description of Duties.

Hope this helps anyone else who might have this problem.

• Advertisement

bapman30 wrote: »
    Ok I got it sorted. For employment in Canada section I had put unknown for Name of Employer, Complete Address of Employer, Address however when I took these out it uploaded.

The only place where unknown or n/a should be placed is under Job Title and Brief Description of Duties.

Hope this helps anyone else who might have this problem.

Which is weird cos for that section I had N/A and Not Applicable and it took my application!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

did any of yous lads or lassies get your own digital photo taken at home and edit it or did yous go to the chemist. whats the best option

I took a passport pic (one of the leftovers after I got my passport) and uploaded it then played with it myself to get the dimensions.

i went to a photographer the buck charged me 10euro for 4 which was a bargain as the normal ones are 6 euro for 4.. he done all the required measurements and sizes etc. i could not have been happier:D he put it on a blank cd for me so all i had to do was load it up from that. if your good with photography do it yourself otherwise goo to the photographer:D

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

thanks for the info lads, i might have a dabble at it myself

Great that I finally got that part solved, now another snag in this crappy process. Now when doing digital signing i get:

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.
      The name, date of birth or country of birth you entered for your signature does not match the name you entered in your Online Application. To submit this Online Application, the names must match. Only the applicant can electronically sign this Online Application.

I dont know where this is coming from!!!!

Ok so - on your application did you put middle name(s) and you are now not for the signature? Or on the application do you have any fada's or owt that are not on your signature?

are you leaving out a middle name? is there anywhere over the whole application where you might have included a middle name? if so you must put it in there also:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 eilsf87

I can't open the IMM1295 Application form on my CIC. I have downloaded the new version of adobe but still no luck, any ideas on how to resolve this issue???

• Advertisement

Would be an idea but I don't even have a middle name. Tried using a different browser as saw suggested on another forum but that hasn't worked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement