Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

eilsf u had the same thing download firefox and it will work guaranteed:D

make sure all dates in your dob add up and that no mistakes in spelling of your name etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

shelhart wrote: »
    I spent HOURS yesterday getting those messages. I have PR in Canada but helping my 2 brothers with paperwork for their second work permit.
    I tried everything I could think of, even deleted the entire applications, went to the come to canada wizard and got a new checklist codes to start over I was that p'd off. It's so annoying, I can't put my finger on what I did to finally make them go through... when I started a new application for the first brother I clicked the link for the IMM 1295 form and completed it again - even though I had abt 20 copies saved. I saved and uploaded and it went through first time.
    Though I had it all figured out but when I tried the same for the second brother it didn't work grr.... I kept changing little things on the form and just kept typing it up from scratch and it eventually went up... just keep on it I'm afraid :confused:

Hi buddy, are you applying for their second permit while they are in Canada? If so could you tell us how your getting around the error on the Come to Canada Questionnaire?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

Surfn wrote: »
    did any of yous lads or lassies get your own digital photo taken at home and edit it or did yous go to the chemist. whats the best option

I went to the chemist, but didn't seem like they were that sure what they were giving me was to the spec i asked. kinda frustrating. uploaded it anyway, and i'll see what they say. I'm sure it won't be the reason i won't get a visa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bapman30

Iv tried firefox and chrome,both no joy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭danny2013

got it sorted this morning mate, got forms 1295 immigration and the family info form up so i just need my conditional acceptance letter now to finish that part, hopefully get accepted this week cuz i applied for the visa wen there was like 1500 gone so i hope i hear word back this week to my IEC Account.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭AlanMc86

Quick question for anyone that has someone else applying on the same PC.

Yesterday my gf did all her stuff and sent it through on the CIC part, today i went to upload mine but i get to the part for uploading docs it says her name even though it says my name and its my log in all the way through, don't really want to go messing with it but can't figure out why it keeps saying her name when its logged in as me. Wondering if its anything to do with the digital signature part?

Any thoughts? Going to try and do mine off a different internet connection tomorrow at the parents house and see if it makes any difference.

what is optional documents for in the cic account right down at the bottom? Ive just uploaded a letter from the accomodation source i will have , is their anything in paticular they are looking for? it says Letter of explanation whatever that means?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

danny2013 wrote: »
    what is optional documents for in the cic account right down at the bottom? Ive just uploaded a letter from the accomodation source i will have , is their anything in paticular they are looking for? it says Letter of explanation whatever that means?

Dout it would have anything too do with accommodation.
    its more so if u have a conviction u can supplement a letter explaining your situation and see if the except ur excuse

• Advertisement

yea doubtful they would care about accomadation tbh:D

Got my issue sorted just deleted it and started again, all submitted now. For the supporting info space i just put up about how i left certain areas blank as it did not apply and when it asks for the 10 yr employment history stated that the additional information on employment can be found in my resume which i attached.

your sorted so mc just the long wait now:D

well then i guess i will just leave that blank cuz ive nothing to hide from the authorities:D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

Just a quick question. The last message I got on my Kompass account was verification of my proof of payment.

Do I just go and create the MyCIC account then and do all that?

ya do be ya be grannnnnnD

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    your sorted so mc just the long wait now:D

Hopefully not too long

yea prob 4-6 weeks i would say:(

Afatpigeon wrote: »
    Just a quick question. The last message I got on my Kompass account was verification of my proof of payment.

Do I just go and create the MyCIC account then and do all that?

Yup you can head on over and get started, you won't be able to submit it until you get your IEC Assessment as Verified on your Kompass account, once you get that you will get a letter which you upload to CIC account and then just click submit, no reason you can't start getting the info together on the CIC part now while your waiting.

Cheers. Haven't got the conditional acceptance letter yet. Should I be worried or are they only starting to come out now?

Hate being dumb but where do I go to register a MyCIC account?

• Advertisement

Cheers. Haven't got the conditional acceptance letter yet. Should I be worried or are they only starting to come out now?

Nope i wouldn't worry it took about a week before we got ours once the payment was verified i think. Plenty of time, the first part is fairly straight forward next to impossible to **** up so long as your careful and read everything properly and carefully, no point in rushing an application and end up reading a question wrong.

Never give up it will be worth it in the end;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM_7j6t9IyU

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Has anyone who has gotten payment verified still not gotten the letter of acceptance?

it takes a week or more to get the letter after payment is verified how long you waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

Trying to upload my CV to myCIC account its a doc file but the CIC upload is not excepting it says only excepts DOC ; and jpeg files etc but my CV is saved as a doc file, anyone having similar problems?

Nevermind converted it to PDF job sorted :)

DodoByrne wrote: »
    Awesome. Thanks. I assume I just register for a GCKey?
    Gintonious wrote: »
    Has anyone who has gotten payment verified still not gotten the letter of acceptance?
    Yep. Got confirmation last Saturday so been 8 daysish.

Anyway, this looks fairly straightforward and I have all the required documents - just need to fill out the family information form and update my CV :D . How long do we reckon this application process will take to completion? I'm wanting to be in Canada by around the middle of May, if I can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Anyone else still waiting for payment to be verified at this stage :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭PSRJ17191438b

just checked me mail, got the acceptance letter :D, for people still waiting it took 9 days for mine to come thru...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement