Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

Anyone had trouble trying to sign the IMM1295 form digitally it wont let me sign it anyone any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

Anyone had trouble trying to sign the IMM1295 form digitally it wont let me sign it anyone any ideas??

How do you mean exactly? The digital signature happens when you submit all the documents to CIC. you only validate the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 elflass

Hey all. Have a few questions around the CIC application.

1. For those going with a spouse, did you tick yes to the question "will you be dependent on someone when in Canada"?

2. On the question of "have you any relatives in Canada with citizenship/PR" does this relate to immediate family only"? I have an uncle there who I haven't seen in 20 years, should I put him down?

3. Upload Resume or CV?

BTW I was in the 1400's and got confirmation Fri eve.

DodoByrne wrote: »
    How do you mean exactly? The digital signature happens when you submit all the documents to CIC. you only validate the form.

Thanks for the reply:) Im takin about signing the form before I subit the whole package so i just validate the form then and dont sign? Should I date it, its letting me do that part?

elflass wrote: »
    Hey all. Have a few questions around the CIC application.

1. For those going with a spouse, did you tick yes to the question "will you be dependent on someone when in Canada"?

2. On the question of "have you any relatives in Canada with citizenship/PR" does this relate to immediate family only"? I have an uncle there who I haven't seen in 20 years, should I put him down?

3. Upload Resume or CV?

BTW I was in the 1400's and got confirmation Fri eve.

By no means an expert on anything to do with these forms, but i presume if you're going to be working you wouldn't class yourself as dependent.
    Relatives I would also presume is as you would imagine, it doesn't specify immediate family.
    They say to upload a "canadian style" resume. if you click on the "?" beside it you'll see what they basically need. Do a google search for examples.

Goodluck :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for the reply:) Im takin about signing the form before I subit the whole package so i just validate the form then and dont sign? Should I date it, its letting me do that part?

yep, get the date on, no need to print it off at all.
    on the family form people have been divided, i printed mine off and signed it after i filled it in online. then scanned it back in with my signatures... no harm i guess!!

yep, get the date on, no need to print it off at all.
    on the family form people have been divided, i printed mine off and signed it after i filled it in online. then scanned it back in with my signatures... no harm i guess!!

Thanks Dodo :D one more question please mate, does or CV need to be in canadian format? I was told on hear yesterday that it doesnt but you just told a previous poster it needs to be canadian:confused: sorry mate

By no means an expert on anything to do with these forms, but i presume if you're going to be working you wouldn't class yourself as dependent.
    Relatives I would also presume is as you would imagine, it doesn't specify immediate family.
    They say to upload a "canadian style" resume. if you click on the "?" beside it you'll see what they basically need. Do a google search for examples.

Goodluck :)

Cheers Dodo!

Thanks Dodo :D one more question please mate, does or CV need to be in canadian format? I was told on hear yesterday that it doesnt but you just told a previous poster it needs to be canadian:confused: sorry mate

I heard at one stage it was to be canadian... but as long as you have the info they require thats all that matters.
    I don't even see the difference tbh. Just make sure you have what they ask for in the "?" section beside the cv upload part.
    I don't think its make or break in our applications to be fair.
    As you said urself, someone else said it doesn't have to be "canadian"... whatever that really means.
    I thjink the point is to be consistent throughout the forms in the info you're giving them.

I can't see any requests to provide police certs any country you've lived in more than six years ago.

Has anyone been asked to provide these for living in a country more than six years ago? If so, at what point?

• Advertisement

I can't see any requests to provide police certs any country you've lived in more than six years ago.

Has anyone been asked to provide these for living in a country more than six years ago? If so, at what point?

there is a police certificate upload there, just above the family form.
    Isn't for if you've lived in a country more than 6 months. not sure about the six years ago part. If you've lived in a country for more than 6 months at any stage then you need police clearance from that country.

I heard at one stage it was to be canadian... but as long as you have the info they require thats all that matters.
    I don't even see the difference tbh. Just make sure you have what they ask for in the "?" section beside the cv upload part.
    I don't think its make or break in our applications to be fair.
    As you said urself, someone else said it doesn't have to be "canadian"... whatever that really means.
    I thjink the point is to be consistent throughout the forms in the info you're giving them.

Thanks Mate, best of luck with your application:D

you too bud.

Thanks again!

My CIC page keeps crashing and I'm trying to find where it asks for police certs for all countries I've lived in for more than six months. Can anyone tell me where they ask for this.

My understanding is that you must provide a police cert for any country you've lived in for six months or more in the previous year.

Worried now as CIC account is active for another 59 days and I could be waiting nearly 6 months for a cert from one of the euro countries I lived in 10 years ago :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 louisewalsh23

Does anybody know about the CIC client number on the CIC site; ie where you fill in the forms for the 2nd stage?

I thought I would get a little head start and fill in stage 2 forms while waiting for conditional acceptance letter but they're asking me do I have this number and I don't know!!

Thanks a lot in advance for any help :-)

Thanks again!

My CIC page keeps crashing and I'm trying to find where it asks for police certs for all countries I've lived in for more than six months. Can anyone tell me where they ask for this.

My understanding is that you must provide a police cert for any country you've lived in for six months or more in the previous year.

Worried now as CIC account is active for another 59 days and I could be waiting nearly 6 months for a cert from one of the euro countries I lived in 10 years ago :eek:

Its for any countries you've lived in for more than 6 months ever. I'm pretty sure on that, but don't take my word as gospel... i'll have a look too for you.

Its not the account thats only active for that long. thats just the application you're doing now. You can start another one at any time. Don't worry about that. I even had to set up another CIC account because i messed up my digital signature with inconsistencies between the name i signed up with and the name i put in my application form.
    You've loads of time to get the clearance certs you need as long as you don't long finger it. How many do you need?

Does anybody know about the CIC client number on the CIC site; ie where you fill in the forms for the 2nd stage?

I thought I would get a little head start and fill in stage 2 forms while waiting for conditional acceptance letter but they're asking me do I have this number and I don't know!!

Thanks a lot in advance for any help :-)

You get that after you submit your completed forms to CIC.

yes u need it for any county you LIVED IN FOR LONGER THAN SIX MONTHS

Heres an earlier post in the thread confirming you do need them for all countries...... Elflass

Heres an earlier post in the thread confirming you do need them for all countries...... Elflass

Thanks again DodoByrne, but I think these comments relate to the IEC 2012 requirements. I haven't read or seen proof that they are needed for the IEC process. Someone said they read something about needing them only for previous 6 years.
    If it is the case then I need to get two more and have no idea of the addresses I lived at. Eek!

Thanks again DodoByrne, but I think these comments relate to the IEC 2012 requirements. I haven't read or seen proof that they are needed for the IEC process. Someone said they read something about needing them only for previous 6 years.
    If it is the case then I need to get two more and have no idea of the addresses I lived at. Eek!

Yeah, I've been trying to find any info on it and can't really find a definitive answer. The only word i've seen on it is that you need it for stays over 6 months. but not heard anything about a cap on that time-wise.
    Sorry i can't help.

The form asks if you've lived in a country outside country of residence in the last five years, for more than 6 months. I'd say you're ok, but i don't know for sure. you'll get more answers outside the weekend anyway.
    You could try the IEC facebook page, but i don't think anyone is having any luck with response from IEC or CIC.
    search "IEC 2012" for their facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 dmags

Yeah, I've been trying to find any info on it and can't really find a definitive answer. The only word i've seen on it is that you need it for stays over 6 months. but not heard anything about a cap on that time-wise.
    Sorry i can't help.

The form asks if you've lived in a country outside country of residence in the last five years, for more than 6 months. I'd say you're ok, but i don't know for sure. you'll get more answers outside the weekend anyway.
    You could try the IEC facebook page, but i don't think anyone is having any luck with response from IEC or CIC.

"In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18."

Taken from - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭AlanMc86

Afatpigeon wrote: »
    Anyway, this looks fairly straightforward and I have all the required documents - just need to fill out the family information form and update my CV :D . How long do we reckon this application process will take to completion? I'm wanting to be in Canada by around the middle of May, if I can be.

Just remember you need to fill out Family info form IMM 5645. The one that comes up automatically is a different one but if you scroll to the bottom it says fill this in if you are from a list of 6 countries, if you are not from this country you need to fill in form IMM 5645 and there is a link to it that is the one you need to fill out and submit.

Sorry i can't help.

Thanks a mill for all your help dodobyrne! Hopefully they'll clarify it soon.
    Best of luck with yours!

dmags wrote: »

"In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18."

Taken from - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Thanks dmags, but as they posted this under immigration (separate to the IEC programme) it's still unclear what the requirement is. I'll ask them and when I do get a reply I'll share the info on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 noodle24

Hey does anyone know where it specifically says that you cannot apply for the 2013 visa if you have been to Canada on the old Work and Travel Visa aswell as the IEC? I am on IEC now but was in Canada in 2007 on the old USIT visa. In the Kompass they only ask were you on IEC before. Really confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

you do no all the applications for this year are gone?^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

noodle24 wrote: »
    Hey does anyone know where it specifically says that you cannot apply for the 2013 visa if you have been to Canada on the old Work and Travel Visa aswell as the IEC? I am on IEC now but was in Canada in 2007 on the old USIT visa. In the Kompass they only ask were you on IEC before. Really confused.
    It was still called the iec under usit just never referred to as such. There was a now on the home page of the iec to say if you had participated twice you were no longer eligible to apply

I do, I have applied and paid and thats why I am scared to death I will be barred for 3 years

It was still called the iec under usit just never referred to as such. There was a now on the home page of the iec to say if you had participated twice you were no longer eligible to apply
    Damn, I didn't know it was called IEC before, I thought that was only brought in in 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056411833

have a read of that thread some people are saying you can get 2 turns on the iec and one on the usit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement