Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 noodle24

That's what I took from the initial announcement, that if you had two IEC visas you couldn't reapply but the old WHV is different. I have read all the terms and conditions on the IEC page but they are not specifying anything pre 2011, they only mention IEC. I don't know if I should withdraw my application or keep going. I do know that I am stressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

i would say bate on with your application if they have nothing stated its not your falut your lucky you will get two years plus the 2 you have already done it works out well for you 4 compared to our 2:D

I am afraid they will bar me for three years because of their whole "knowingly or unknowlingly" providing incorrect info!!! Are you on your second year now?

no i am not i am just going for my first visa have all my details set off and the process done now just waiting for the LOI i hope:D.. where abouts in canada you? how you finding it?:D

Vancouver, arrived a week ago. It's grand, not cold and people are friendly. Really expensive though! Like $12 for cheese and $7 for Guinness.

• Advertisement

yea i heard it can be expensive i am going to calgary all going well:D

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

noodle24 wrote: »
    Vancouver, arrived a week ago. It's grand, not cold and people are friendly. Really expensive though! Like $12 for cheese and $7 for Guinness.

its a good job i dont like cheese lol, thats expensive dude.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Anybody in Toronto at the moment?? Is it as expensive there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Accrual Intentions

Hi guys,

Just a quick query. People seem to be a lot further on with their applications than me and, initially, I thought it best to just wait and it out and not to worry but now I'm concerned that I'm missing something.

My payment was verified last Sunday (3rd Feb) and I received the letter on Monday (4th Feb). However, it says everything is locked in my Kompass account. Is this normal? Am I just literally waiting for one day for all this to say open so I can proceed with my application - or is there anything I haven't done or am missing?

Is the MyCIC account the thing you get once you get passed the stage I am at?

Oh, and I'm in the early 4000s by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

^^ same boat as me, and i'm mid 2000's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

No, everything stays locked. You will receive a conditional acceptance letter in your kompass inbox soon, once you get it you need to upload that to your cic account, submit everything, then you should receive an application number in a message in your cic account shortly afterwards. You need to enter this in your profile section in your kompass account. The conditional acceptance letter will have instructions anyhow.

Your cic account is where you upload your police cert/passport/cv etc You can set up your cic account here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp and start uploading your stuff now and filling in the forms while you're waiting for your acceptance letter. Choose to register with GCKey button.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Hi guys,

Just a quick query. People seem to be a lot further on with their applications than me and, initially, I thought it best to just wait and it out and not to worry but now I'm concerned that I'm missing something.

My payment was verified last Sunday (3rd Feb) and I received the letter on Monday (4th Feb). However, it says everything is locked in my Kompass account. Is this normal? Am I just literally waiting for one day for all this to say open so I can proceed with my application - or is there anything I haven't done or am missing?

Is the MyCIC account the thing you get once you get passed the stage I am at?

Oh, and I'm in the early 4000s by the way.

I was verified last Monday and in the 500's for WTN and mine is still pending, Im hoping the letter comes this evening coz from reading this alot of people were waiting a week for their letters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Accrual Intentions

Thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 thumps

i m in the 4100s. has anyone received the acceptance letter round this number?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭danny2013

i applied when there was like 1500 or so visa's gone, has anyone received an acceptance letter from applying around that figure?, we're talking Wednesday 30th to Thursday 31st January i applied guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Weathering

I had my payment verified last monday but nothing since. Is this a bad sign

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

I'm in the same boat, as are many. We should have it in next day or two I'd say; I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Weathering wrote: »
    I had my payment verified last monday but nothing since. Is this a bad sign

It took me exactly 1 week, id say you will be sorted by this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭danny2013

hopefully mate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

im still waiting on my letter and its been 9days now :( ..... im not freaking out ..... im not freaking out ..... im not freaking out !!

• Advertisement

i am waiting for the LOI its been 3 days since i submitted everything would it ever hurry up:p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭media101

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    i am waiting for the LOI its been 3 days since i submitted everything would it ever hurry up:p;)

life is just so hard for some people !! :P:pac:

haha i no its terriable:p

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    haha i no its terriable:p
    Lads ye ok I still waiting on payment to be verified

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bell13

Hey Guys just wondering in stage 2 what family form did people fill out? the one that comes up automatically or the one you have to click the link at the end of the page to get?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mexican council of food

thumps wrote: »
    i m in the 4100s. has anyone received the acceptance letter round this number?

Common sense and a bit of logic will tell you your number has nothing to do with when you'll get your letter!

Ya i filled out the first one aswell and only after realising there was another one! they will just tell us its the wrong one and to fill in the other one? might delay the process a bit but wont stop us from getting a visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Common sense and a bit of logic will tell you your number has nothing to do with when you'll get your letter!

Below, Taken from the IEC webiste, from this i would assume they are indeed issuing letters in order of wtn. Any delays there are may be because of delays in uploading information.

'Once you have submitted an application by using IEC Kompass, received your World Tracking Number (WTN) and paid your participation fee, IEC will start assessing your application against the program eligibility criteria. IEC will assess applications in the order they are received.'

'The IEC applies the principle of "first come, first served" for both assigning places and processing applications in each stage. If you are taking more time than another applicant to pay your participation fees or to submit your application to Stage 2 (MyCIC), other applications may be proccesed before yours.'

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Just about to start filling out forms, what is the difference between the 2 family forms?

• Advertisement

sully2010 wrote: »
    Just about to start filling out forms, what is the difference between the 2 family forms?

The one that comes up first only applies to certain countries, scroll down to the information at the bottom and it says if ur not from these countries click on a link and fill out a differnent form, no difference really accept the second one asks about brothers and sisters i think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement