Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

WasterEx wrote: »
    I gave you wrong info earlier. I got this from the myCIC.

Digital Photo

Dimensions:
    The final frame size of the photo must be at least 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8" x 1 ¾").
    The photographs must show the full front view of the head, with the face in the middle of the photograph, and include the top of the shoulders.
    The size of the head, from chin to crown, must be between 31 mm (1 ¼") and 36 mm (1 7/16").
    Digital dimensions are often expressed in pixels or DPI (dots per inch). The physical dimensions in pixels must be at least 420 x 540.
    Quality/Resolution:
    If an existing photo is being scanned, the minimum resolution must be 600 pixels per inch.
    File Format:
    The file may be submitted in JPEG or JPEG2000 format.
    File Size:
    The final size of the image should be ideally 240 kB (kilobytes), but not less than 60 kB.
    Colour:
    The image must be in color (24 bits per pixel) in sRGB colour space which is the common output for most digital cameras.

This sounds a lot like the requirements for the US lottery?

Ooh big list. So perhaps it'l be opening soon. Come on passport and garda form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Are you uploading the stuff now or waiting till it opens? or does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Are you uploading the stuff now or waiting till it opens? or does it matter?

I'm only uploading, the digital image, passport/ travel document and Police Certificate. :)

Yea i might do the same myself lad sound:)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Guys i recived my visa last year i was jsut wondering do we have to complete the Come to Canada wizard on the CIC website as it asks for your personal check list code to begin your appiclation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

thanks.i will give that a go.just wondering though when i scan the passport photo, could the compression that happens alter the pixels per inch? therefore making it outside of the required spec?

not sure, i have a hp scanner that allows to crop the photo after scanning so your only extracting the photo or do it in paint then you could put it in paint which allows you to set the size of the photo in cm/mm and then save as jpeg and also check the file size to see if its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Can some one clarify, do you need to do this to apply for the visas?

Or is it just a new online thing? I really am confused by the whole thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Jesus why do they make it so complicated, you can get the aus one in 2 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Gintonious wrote: »
    Can some one clarify, do you need to do this to apply for the visas?

Or is it just a new online thing? I really am confused by the whole thing!

your not alone:(

Lads all seems to be done online this year:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭archicraft

WasterEx wrote: »
    I'm only uploading, the digital image, passport/ travel document and Police Certificate. :)

EX, got my pics done in a chemist last week,do you think i should scan those or brake out me digital camera ?

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

archicraft wrote: »
    EX, got my pics done in a chemist last week,do you think i should scan those or brake out me digital camera ?

Scan them in *600 DPI* and make sure they are at least 420 x 540 pixels in size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

What is the IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter folks?

When you have successfully completed the first stage using your IEC-Kompass account, you will receive a letter from Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada indicating conditional acceptance to the IEC program. You will then be asked to upload a “Conditional acceptance letter” to your MyCIC account in order for Citizenship and Immigration Canada to complete the second stage of the application process.

we cant apply for that letter till the iec opens:) i think its basically just a letter that indicates you are eligible for the visa. and that when you are granted it i would imagine a place is saved for you and then you update your MY CIC account and send it off:)

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pooljinx

Hi last year my passport was stolen, when I was younger I also lost a passport so last june I had my second replacement passport issued to me which was only a two year one ( as I cant get a 10 year one untill my 2 year one is up). However now I want to go to canada and get a two year visa in April hopefully, but I dont think theyl give me a 2 year visa when the passport expires before two years, anyone have any ideas, rang the passport office and they were absolute pricks about it, your one even smugly said in a roundabout way that if I was worried about going to places I should of taken better care of my passport. Help be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

Hi everyone..
    First post on here , but noticed part of the iec 2013 initiative is opened now ive got to the stage where i can start uploading documents but I know I need to wait for the first section to open before anything can happen. Now ive filled out the first application form on the list but when it comes to where I intend to work and how my employer will be and what dates i will be working from and too but the thing is i have no work lined up and not sure where I want to go yet most likely be Alberta though so how do I go about filling out that section of the form or do i leave it empty? Any help will be very much apreciated thankyou. #confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

do you have to have a IEC Kompass account aswell as a GKey account?

Hi everyone..
    First post on here , but noticed part of the iec 2013 initiative is opened now ive got to the stage where i can start uploading documents but I know I need to wait for the first section to open before anything can happen. Now ive filled out the first application form on the list but when it comes to where I intend to work and how my employer will be and what dates i will be working from and too but the thing is i have no work lined up and not sure where I want to go yet most likely be Alberta though so how do I go about filling out that section of the form or do i leave it empty? Any help will be very much apreciated thankyou. #confused

what form was it you filled out? i taught no forms were avable to be filled out as the iec is not open yet?:cool:

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    what form was it you filled out? i taught no forms were avable to be filled out as the iec is not open yet?:cool:

IMM1295 Application

I dont no when i go to open that it says i need to update my adobe reader but it is updated i didnt tink you would be able to get into that as the iec is not open yet?:o

• Advertisement

Well i got into and filled out the majority of it lad but stuck at that one section and dont wanna go through Usit or any of them , gonna be back on the fags at this rate lol

did you sign up using a IEC-Kompass account? if not i would hold off filling out anymore as the iec visa is not open yet. i suppose wait till anyone else comes on here in the same boat as ya.sorry i cant be any more help bud. ross.

No i just opened the gckey account as that is the only available one at the minute im just trying to be on top of the game But I know ive to wait for the Kompass account before I can really do anything. No worries Ross :) . Im sure your the same as myself and dont wanna miss the boat!

fact lad just waiting is hardship i am hopefully going straight away visa pending so just cant wait for it to open and get going:)

I know the feelin mate , I just know im gonna get shafted on filling out the forms but then again if I get a place saved for myself through the Kompass account(does that save you a place??) then that should hopefully take the pressure off. Goodluck with yours anyway :)

yea mate i think when you fill out the iec visa part and are granted that conditional letter i think a place us saved for ya or at least i hope it is:o.. cheers mate same to you we will need it:)

Well thats somethin at least thank god :) thanks mate hopefully this time next year we'll be livin the dream in canada lol even though it'll be -27 haha

Fact mate hoping to get a start on the oil rigs hitting up Calgary first wbU?

Exactly the same mate not even jokin! im goin out to get paid not piss it all away!!

• Advertisement

Ha same as meself bud great to see a few others with there heads screwed on. when ya heading? i am hopeing go end march/ april.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement