Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

So which Family info form do we fill up? Jez talk about confusin people they really should word forms abit better

I think we've settled on the IMM5707.
    But i can't be entirely sure about it. All i can say is that upon reading the instructions i filled that one out. Others on here seem sure that the IMM5707 is the correct one.
    Others might disagree?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

god all these numbers which one is the one that was on the my cic page? thats the one i filled out:D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

DodoByrne wrote: »
    I think we've settled on the IMM5707.
    But i can't be entirely sure about it. All i can say is that upon reading the instructions i filled that one out. Others on here seem sure that the IMM5707 is the correct one.
    Others might disagree?!

Im leanin towards the IMM5707 one aswell , the instructions arent very clear on it to say the least , and I wouldnt be arsed writen in my 2bro's and 2sisters details :p

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

sully2010 wrote: »
    The Schedule 1 IMM5257 form is required for those who have answered yes to questions 3-6 on the final page of the IMM1295 form.

This is from go4less so dont hold me to it;)

Perfect! I see that now on the IMM1295. Thanks a mill! I'm so paranoid about doing something wrong with this thing, am second guessing everything!
    Gotta say this thread has been fantastic for ironing out any details I'm unsure about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

Lads, everytime I hit register/login, I keep getting bounced back to the wrong home page for the CIC. Does anyone have a link for the My CIC login/register page?

Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

well not really as information someone gives you could be wrong:o

Dont worry JustRoss, I'm not trusting any opinions verbatim :) Sometimes people will see info that I have missed, even though Ive been through the FAQs. Ill use the opinions to find the info that answers my Q!

Y2Gray1895 wrote: »
    Lads, everytime I hit register/login, I keep getting bounced back to the wrong home page for the CIC. Does anyone have a link for the My CIC login/register page?

Many thanks.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

Cheers. Still getting the same thing. English or French. Choose English and sent back to the Homepage. The option to Log in is not there anymore. This is tragic.

The correct Form is defo the IMM5707. Delighted about that now. phew :D
    I think we can call that Gospel :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Quick question re police certs. I cant see anywhere on imm1295 where it says to fill any periods over 6 months living other countries since you were 18. All I see is in the last 5 years. I was told to get police certs for any country I lived over 6 months since I was 18. Anyone else do this? More bad advice probably from guess who:rolleyes:

Y2Gray1895 wrote: »
    Cheers. Still getting the same thing. English or French. Choose English and sent back to the Homepage. The option to Log in is not there anymore. This is tragic.

https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=s2fd5cfc5a4f3d6ce252441dd78b63abfac5e20542

Try this one ^^^ Otherwise try changing browsers maybe? Dodo's link works for me so it may be your
    browser

The correct Form is defo the IMM5707. Delighted about that now. phew :D
    I think we can call that Gospel :)

How do you know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GREG2010DUBLIN

From CIC Website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application.

If the original certificate is neither in English nor in French, submit both the certificate and the original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator with your application.

sully2010 wrote: »
    Quick question re police certs. I cant see anywhere on imm1295 where it says to fill any periods over 6 months living other countries since you were 18. All I see is in the last 5 years. I was told to get police certs for any country I lived over 6 months since I was 18. Anyone else do this? More bad advice probably from guess who:rolleyes:

Finally an answer above ^^^^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 19,174 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

After the payment verification you just have to wait yeah? I got same day payment verification but it still says IEC assessment pending, this is done without any input from me yeah?

From CIC Website

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Who needs a police certificate?

In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application.

If the original certificate is neither in English nor in French, submit both the certificate and the original copy of a translation prepared by an accredited translator with your application.

The very first line on the link says "if you want to immigrate to Canada" Is IEC classed as immigration?

My concern is if I leave other countries visited blank on imm1295, as it was 10 years ago when I was in oz, and I upload the police cert from oz are they going to presume I forgot to fill in the section on the imm1295 form?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14 GREG2010DUBLIN

I agree with you Sully2010 I sent mine with Police certs for all countrys just in case, all a bit vague really.

But On my CV it shows, I was out of country more then 5 years ago so should be no confusion fingers crossed

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

its the imm1295e form, have it fully filled out and saved it and then when i tried to upload it, it says that "Your document contains invalid entries. Please review your document and retry." when the validate section says it just needs a signiture..... uuuggghhhhh :confused:

In the section for employer just leave it blank and it should upload fine. Mate had the same issue and done that and it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Liam O wrote: »
    After the payment verification you just have to wait yeah? I got same day payment verification but it still says IEC assessment pending, this is done without any input from me yeah?

Yea im in the same boat we have to wait for a email for the next section but you can start the next stage but will be unable to finish it until you get a email in you Kompass account about the next stage

• Advertisement

I agree with you Sully2010 I sent mine with Police certs for all countrys just in case, all a bit vague really.

But On my CV it shows, I was out of country more then 5 years ago so should be no confusion fingers crossed

That should clear things up alright, I have it on my cv too, cheers.

Sweet, suffering jaysus. I've to start the whole GCKEy process again. Revoked my log in. Idiots on the computer have been fiddling around. Between browsers and BOI sort codes and waiting for verification, my head will explode. I'll do this later. I need tea right now!!

Delira wrote: »
    https://clegc-gckey.gc.ca/j/eng/l?ReqID=s2fd5cfc5a4f3d6ce252441dd78b63abfac5e20542

Try this one ^^^ Otherwise try changing browsers maybe? Dodo's link works for me so it may be your
    browser

Hmm nevermind Y2Gray, although that is the page where you enter username and password, it seems like you have to access that page through the GCKey link that Dodo posted. Sorry :o

Hmm nevermind Y2Gray, although that is the page where you enter username and password, it seems like you have to access that page through the GCKey link that Dodo posted. Sorry :o
    Much appreciated, but I'm starting again later on when I have more time to calm down and take it one step at a time. Should've just packed a bag and wandered Ireland solving crime...

Because I just read it in the final page of the application form imm1295

Sorry for bringing this up again but I couldnt see anywhere on imm1295 where it says this??

imm1295, page 4 of 5...... in bold writing under the last Q.

if you answered yes to any Q 3-6 you MAY BE REQUIRED to fill in form IMM5257

Directly over the "Validate" button on the bottom of the page.

I believe were talking about imm5707 tho:o

Its bloody confusing. In CIC its the form to fill out, but on the actual form it states:

(wont let me copy and paste)

This form must be completed by:

"be a passport holder from the following countries, Ireland not being one of them. Then if your country is not listed fill in imm5645.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

i applied last year and had obtained all my police clearances (4 in total! talk about a pain in the arse!). i ended up being rejected. the excuse they gave me was that the information provided did not prove that i had been in the country for 18 months out of the last 3 years (those of you who applied last year are aware of that old rule). had they have bothered to add up properly, they'd have seen that i had actually been in the country for a bit over 18 months. 18 months and 2 weeks to be precise. i was deliberately waiting to become eligible as i was completely aware of the rule. so i was sitting around twiddling my thumbs while the visas were running out......FAST! but i still got in there on time. so to be rejected for this reason made me furious as i had been specifically waiting to become eligible. and of course they ignored me anytime i tried to contact them to make them aware of the mistake that had been made. anyway, i won't go on too much about it, but let's just say it was their mess up.

so now i still have my police clearances as they sent me back all the paperwork. i'm thinking, surely if i haven't returned to these countries (and the pages of my passport can prove this), won't my old police clearances still be valid? i understand that i'll need an up to date garda clearance. i prepared early and obtained this a few weeks ago. i dunno, seems a bit unnessessary and cruel if i had to obtain a further 3 more clearances when i have not returned to these countries since obtaining the clearances.

thoughts anyone......?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mexican council of food

Hi guys,
    In the MyCIC there's a form called Schedule 1 under "optional documents" which asks q's about your affiliations etc. Does anybody know for sure whether we are supposed to fill this out or not? Can't seem to find any info on this!

Yes I will have to fill it out because i was in the reserve DF for a wee bit. You'll probably know already if you need to.

so now i still have my police clearances as they sent me back all the paperwork. i'm thinking, surely if i haven't returned to these countries (and the pages of my passport can prove this), won't my old police clearances still be valid? i understand that i'll need an up to date garda clearance. i prepared early and obtained this a few weeks ago. i dunno, seems a bit unnessessary and cruel if i had to obtain a further 3 more clearances when i have not returned to these countries since obtaining the clearances.

thoughts anyone......?[/QUOTE

What you're saying sounds logical to me, but as a lot of people can testify to this process can be anything but! I would rather be safe than sorry and get new ones, as it does say they must be issued within three months of your application.

"In general, you and everyone in your family who is 18 years of age or over need to obtain a police certificate. You must obtain a police certificate from each country or territory where you have lived for six consecutive months or longer since reaching the age of 18.

The certificate must have been issued no more than three months before you submit your application."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

i was in australia for a year on a whv about 5 years ago now, do i need to submit a police cert from there or not

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement