Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

DodoByrne wrote: »
    imm1295, page 4 of 5...... in bold writing under the last Q.

if you answered yes to any Q 3-6 you MAY BE REQUIRED to fill in form IMM5257

Directly over the "Validate" button on the bottom of the page.

Its to do with criminal activity, military or police activity, and affiliation with political groups that advocate violents means.
    And finally if you have witnessed or participated in the ill treatment of prisoners or civilians, looting or desecration of religious buildings.

never mind this, i'm full of s**t..... this is for imm5257...... not imm5645 which is the alternate family info form.
    Sorry for that, i'm adding to the confusion.

But in fairness.... it says ... this form must be completed by:
    -each person, 18 or older OR
    -a minor travelling alone AND
    -be a passport holder from.... etc

How i interpret that is, I am over 18 = YES
    OR if am under 18 and from one of those countries.
    I also fill in the same form.....imm5707............................otherwise i fill out the imm6545 because i am a minor from a country not listed

Anyone else read it that way or disagree

Semantics :(

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

never mind this, i'm full of s**t..... this is for imm5257...... not imm5645 which is the alternate family info form.
    Sorry for that, i'm adding to the confusion.

But in fairness.... it says ... this form must be completed by:
    -each person, 18 or older OR
    -a minor travelling alone AND
    -be a passport holder from.... etc

How i interpret that is, I am over 18 = YES
    If am under 18 and from one of those countries.
    I also fill in the same form.....imm5707............................otherwise i fill out the imm6545

Anyone else read it that way or disagree

If they didnt put a bullet point before the last point it would be a lot clearer. If you take out the middle line about minors it reads
    - Each person, 18 or older, and
    - be a passport holder from ...etc

No doubt its confusing!

my thoughts exactly captain generic

I make a distinction between the bit before "OR" and the two that are joined by "AND"

It should be clearer though, silly really.

It should be

-over 18
    -under 18 with a passport from one of these countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭AlanMc86

Why not just fill out 5645 it has all the questions the 5707 had and more so your covered even if it is the 5707.

• Advertisement

AlanMc86 wrote: »
    Why not just fill out 5645 it has all the questions the 5707 had and more so your covered even if it is the 5707.

this is about bureaucracy though, not logic or common sense.:D

Also why would they have it as the main family info form in our checklist if it wasn't the right one.
    Feck it, I'm not giving it anymore thought, mine is submitted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shanewhite

Yes I will have to fill it out because i was in the reserve DF for a wee bit. You'll probably know already if you need to.

Just curious, did you have to provide your service dates etc?

this is about bureaucracy though, not logic or common sense.:D

Also why would they have it as the main family info form in our checklist if it wasn't the right one.
    Feck it, I'm not giving it anymore thought, mine is submitted :)

Cos its plain thick. Its been really poor it really shouldn't raise so many questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lightnings

When you do the come to Canada wizard you put in the nationality of your passport, so logically, why would the IMM5707 form be the one listed on the checklist if it's the wrong one? People are thinking too much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kerbear86

Hi, can some one tell me what details I put in for LMO in the application for work permit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Got my payment verified last week. Still waiting on the rest of the IEC Application to be verified.

Do we wait until everything has gone through before attempting to submit the second set of documents?

Got my payment verified last week. Still waiting on the rest of the IEC Application to be verified.

Do we wait until everything has gone through before attempting to submit the second set of documents?

you can register for a gc key here.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp

Hi all, just a quick question that has me confusticated when filling out these forms!

Within the 1295e form, section "Details on intended work in Canada (continued)" are people who've not yet had job offers filling in information for Q3: Intended location of employment in Canada" and Q5: Duration of expected employment. Also doubt this applies to me, as im a first timer IEC, but I presume the LMO No. is something previous IEC peps were issued? Cheers all.

LMO? sorry:)
    Labour market opinion number in the work permit app, Details of intended work Q6??

• Registered Users Posts: 27 pinkie086

Hi there I paid on the 31st Jan but still haven't received verification of the payment getting a bit panicky now is anyone else in the same boat? I emailed them but haven't had a response probably due to the amount of emails they are getting!

shanewhite wrote: »
    Hi all, just a quick question that has me confusticated when filling out these forms!

Within the 1295e form, section "Details on intended work in Canada (continued)" are people who've not yet had job offers filling in information for Q3: Intended location of employment in Canada" and Q5: Duration of expected employment. Also doubt this applies to me, as im a first timer IEC, but I presume the LMO No. is something previous IEC peps were issued? Cheers all.
    Can you validate the form without these details? I am having problem with this also.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

Hi everyone,

My IEC assessment has been verified, however I have not received a conditional acceptance letter, nor a rejection letter. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive this into the IEC account?

Thank you,

Niamh

kerbear86 wrote: »
    Can you validate the form without these details? I am having problem with this also.

i put n/a where possible for that section and then in the part that says brief description of duties i wrote "no work set up at present".

kerbear86 wrote: »

Unfortunately it won't seem to validate if I leave it blank? Did you leave it blank or fill anything in? Cheers for getting back to me too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mairemoo

pinkie086 wrote: »
    Hi there I paid on the 31st Jan but still haven't received verification of the payment getting a bit panicky now is anyone else in the same boat? I emailed them but haven't had a response probably due to the amount of emails they are getting!
    i paid on the 30th and sent my proof payment the 31st. just had my payment verification just an hour ago. i wouldn't worry about it :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

Q: Do I need to have an offer of employment in order to apply for a work permit within the Working Holiday category?

A: No, you may apply for a work permit, travel to Canada and find employment after you have arrived. In this case, on questions “Details of Intended work in Canada” 1. International Experience Canada 2. Leave blank or write “unknown” 3. Leave blank or write “unknown” 4. Write “unknown” . On the question for “Employment” 1. If you are unemployed please write “not working”. If you are a student please write “student”

Q: Do I need a “Labour Market Opinion” number ?

A: No, the International Experience Canada Program does not required you to have a Labour Market Opinion number. In this case, on question no. 6 blank.

Guys I came across this on the IEC page under the chilean FAQs. But it's not in the Ireland FAQs :confused: Any thoughts? Should I consider going by this when filling out the form?

AlanMc86 wrote: »
    i put n/a where possible for that section and then in the part that says brief description of duties i wrote "no work set up at present".

Yes, I put "N/A" for Q4 My occupation in Canada will be and "Not applicable" to Brief description of duties but unsure what I should input (if anything at all) for the Intended location of employment in Canada. i.e. Province, City/town, Address etc. Are people leaving this blank and are still able to validate their form? Same goes for Q5 in that section, Duration of expected employment etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Niamh_M wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

My IEC assessment has been verified, however I have not received a conditional acceptance letter, nor a rejection letter. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive this into the IEC account?

Thank you,

Niamh

hi do u mind me asking roughly what wtn you are ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

Just got my conditional letter - I'm in the 1900's and got payment verified Friday the 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 lottieapple

Cant logon to Kompass Account? just brings me back to the main page when i click sumbit. This happening to anyone else?

WAITING TO BE VERFIFIED :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

ugh i am waiting for my visa to be approved its so annoying ugh:(:(

shanewhite wrote: »

Unfortunately it won't seem to validate if I leave it blank? Did you leave it blank or fill anything in? Cheers for getting back to me too. :)
    I filled in job title + description + left the rest blank, it then validated for me, hope that helps .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Right, I've left this saga on the long finger for the past few days (drinking!)
    So I've got the email to say my payment's been verified, what next?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

you have to wait up to a week mate for the conditional of acceptance letter:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 pooljinx

my proof of payment is still pending should I be worried?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement