Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ENNE

shanewhite wrote: »
    Yes, I put "N/A" for Q4 My occupation in Canada will be and "Not applicable" to Brief description of duties but unsure what I should input (if anything at all) for the Intended location of employment in Canada. i.e. Province, City/town, Address etc. Are people leaving this blank and are still able to validate their form? Same goes for Q5 in that section, Duration of expected employment etc.

Can anyone tell me -I am filling in the IM1295 form, do I validate it first and then print off and sign, or how am I suppose to sign the form before uploading it electronically?
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

stil waiting on my acceptance letter, my payment was verified on the 3rd feb, anyone elses taking around the same?hope to have it in the next few days

ENNE wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me -I am filling in the IM1295 form, do I validate it first and then print off and sign, or how am I suppose to sign the form before uploading it electronically?
    Thanks.

Please help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

Please help!!

Just add the date then validate it, you will get to sign it before submitting

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Please help!!

U don't need to sign, just upload the saved file, when u upload everything it asks you to type ur name to agree to the terms

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Johanna3

Hi Enne , to the best of my knowledge you dont print and sign anything, you provide a digital signature at the ned when uploading the docs on MyCIC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

krudler wrote: »
    stil waiting on my acceptance letter, my payment was verified on the 3rd feb, anyone elses taking around the same?hope to have it in the next few days
    Mine was verified on the 3rd too and I'm still waiting. I see people posting today and their visas were in the 1500-2000 range and they are just getting onto the next stage today. Im in the 3000's so i reckon it will be a few more days waiting for me.

Johanna3 wrote: »
    Hi Enne , to the best of my knowledge you dont print and sign anything, you provide a digital signature at the ned when uploading the docs on MyCIC

cheers guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

Hey guys,

myself and the girlfriend both have our proof of payments verified, and we both got the letter saying that it had been verified. So, do we just wait until the IEC provisionally accepts us and go ahead and create a MyCIC account? or do we just created one and upload the MyCIC account number to the Kompass account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

haha mate you should have went through this thread instead of going trough the trouble to make a page to ask that question;) it has been asked loads of times if you go back through the pages you will find the answer;)

• Advertisement

ah cool, just a bit lost as to what we should do. I'll check it out, cheers

you can set up your my cic account now mate and load up yout digital pic your copy of the passport your police cert and hey you can even fill out the forms but you cant submit it till you get the confidential letter

Nice one man, I got the garda cert here ready to go and all. The application process seems to be fairly ambiguous at some certain stages :/

yea its a **** of a process at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Probably a silly question thats been answered before but it asks for 10 year employment details on imm1295 but only gives space for the last 3 jobs you were in. What did people do here?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 JuicyJim

Hey guys, got my payment verified last week and still waiting on the conditional letter of acceptance but not too worried about that.

what I am worried about though is the fact I only mentioned my latest job when first applying for the IEC first stage, because I was in a mad rush at the time and only then realised how quick the Visa's were going, in fact I think I was allocated one of the last remaining Visa's!!!

Just wondering if the fact that I only put down one job on the first application, would mean that I would have to do the same in the My CIC part? The thing is, I've had numerous jobs in the past but as I said I was in a mad rush to write them all down initially, and just got one of the last few Visa's. Or can I beef up my CV with the rest of my jobs for the next part of the application? Or would that be "knowingly" or "unknowingly" providing false info as some people have mentioned before in earlier posts. Aaah why didn't I just put down all my jobs in the first part!!! A tad worried now...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 tutts

sully2010 wrote: »
    Probably a silly question thats been answered before but it asks for 10 year employment details on imm1295 but only gives space for the last 3 jobs you were in. What did people do here?

DID U GET ANY ANSWERS TO THIS,IM GUESSING THEY JUST DONT WANT YOU TO DATE BACK FURTHER THAN TEN YEARS?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Laura Gaf

pooljinx wrote: »
    my proof of payment is still pending should I be worried?
    Hey dude I'm still waiting on my proof of payment too sent it on a week ago and emailed them a few times too! No point in freaking out yet, sher these other guys will have it all sussed out for us for when our time comes ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Niamh_M

hegarty147 wrote: »
    hi do u mind me asking roughly what wtn you are ?

I'm around 2400. Got my conditional acceptance letter! It took a few hours after the IEC verified my applications. My payment was verified on 3/2. My boyfriend also applied and his wasn't verified until last Thursday, but he got his acceptance letter tonight as well. He applied around the same time.

Anyone applying from Northern Ireland with an Irish passport? Can we just obtain our police checks via PSNI?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

tutts wrote: »
    DID U GET ANY ANSWERS TO THIS,IM GUESSING THEY JUST DONT WANT YOU TO DATE BACK FURTHER THAN TEN YEARS?

I presume its that, not gonna worry about it. A lot of headaches in this process it has to be said. Oz visa was simple, fill out form, pay money and send passport to embassy to put visa in it:rolleyes:

eoino90 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

myself and the girlfriend both have our proof of payments verified, and we both got the letter saying that it had been verified. So, do we just wait until the IEC provisionally accepts us and go ahead and create a MyCIC account? or do we just created one and upload the MyCIC account number to the Kompass account?

I'm not worrying about making a CIC just yet, I'm gonna get my police checks sorted first as once you make a CIC account, it can only stay open for a couple of months. The conditional letter of acceptance is valid until August anyway, so there isn't so much of a rush. I'll just start when my police checks arrive :) Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Jimmy Talons

Laura Gaf wrote: »
    Hey dude I'm still waiting on my proof of payment too sent it on a week ago and emailed them a few times too! No point in freaking out yet, sher these other guys will have it all sussed out for us for when our time comes ;-)

mine has just been verified an hour ago after nearly 12 days. you'll be fine :pac:

Surfn wrote: »
    i was in australia for a year on a whv about 5 years ago now, do i need to submit a police cert from there or not

Hi Surfn Im not at the stage in the app process yet(im actually still waiting for payment to be processed) it used to be the case that you needed certs for everywhere you lived for 6 months + and over 18, I assume its the same this year.. but Im not at stage.
    if you need any advice on getting your oz cert I can help anyway. I applied for mine there in Jan being all organised and got it in the post just last week. All clear phew! Also if you lived in Victoria you will possibly need to get a drivers history, unless something has changed his year.

Niamh_M wrote: »
    Anyone applying from Northern Ireland with an Irish passport? Can we just obtain our police checks via PSNI?

Hi Niamh you need to get your police check done through ACPO
    http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Its dead easy but you will need to get passport pics taken and it costs around 45stg I think. Youll need to list your addresses for the last ten years too.
    It takes about 2 weeks or so to come back from when you post it off. If you have any questions just ask!

Also you need a Garda one if you have lived down south for anytime too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jimmyMin1

ok so i printed the imm1295 application out signed it, scanned it, uploaded it and
    this came up "Document is not a valid PDF file"
    where did i go wrong?

mine has just been verified an hour ago after nearly 12 days. you'll be fine :pac:

Good stuff! ya jammy dodger! ;-)

Laura Gaf wrote: »
    Hi Niamh you need to get your police check done through ACPO
    http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

Its dead easy but you will need to get passport pics taken and it costs around 45stg I think. Youll need to list your addresses for the last ten years too.
    It takes about 2 weeks or so to come back from when you post it off. If you have any questions just ask!

Also you need a Garda one if you have lived down south for anytime too!

Cheers Laura! You are a legend!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shanewhite

After uploading all your documents and submitting to CIC, is the the CIC file number the "Application no" beginning with W which you receive in the pdf form from CIC? Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 shanewhite

jimmyMin1 wrote: »
    ok so i printed the imm1295 application out signed it, scanned it, uploaded it and
    this came up "Document is not a valid PDF file"
    where did i go wrong?

You only need to print out, scan, sign and upload the scanned file for the family information imm5707e file. All you have to do for the imm1295 is click validate when you finish filling everything in, and fill in the date.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement