Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ukulayla

This is probably another dumb question from me, I'm just getting all the CIC stuff sorted while I wait for the conditional letter. The only thing I'm missing is a police cert from New Zealand. From what I can gather I don't actually have to get the cert myself. Immigration do it for me when I send them a disclosure form. This is what the CIC page has to say,
    "The completed Disclosure of Information (NZ) form and copy of your photo/ID and signature pages of your passport must be included in your visa application kit at time of submission to CIC. "
    I'm just wondering where I attach that form? Does it go into the same document as my Irish police cert or does it go into the additional document section? Sorry if this is really straight forward and I'm just not seeing it. Having a bit of a nervous breakdown with all this. The NZ visa application was SO simple! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 42 discodowney

Im doing the CIC stuff now. I filled out the application and it validates but when i try to upload it i get:
    Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue. •
    Your document contains invalid entries. Please review your document and retry.

Anyone else get this?

Im doing the CIC stuff now. I filled out the application and it validates but when i try to upload it i get:
    Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue. •
    Your document contains invalid entries. Please review your document and retry.

Anyone else get this?

I got that a few times, just run through the form again and try to upload. Sometimes the system craps itself when you've been logged in for a long time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SAKBOUND

These are my observations from reading the forum and filling out my own application. Other people may have other problems not mentioned below. I take no responsibility for anybody else's application.
    If you have a under WTN 6350 you have a place reserved.
    They are slowly verifying payments but from what I see it is been done on the basis of when you uploaded your proof of payment on a first come first served basis not on your WTN.
    Once payment has been verified it is taking about a week to get the IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter some people may be quicker some slower. This is the letter that you attach to your CIC application. When waiting for the IEC conditional letter you can create a myCIC account by registering for a gc key, fill out the questionnaire and upload the documents that are required.
    The IMM1295 should be filled out without a signature, verified, saved and uploaded. DO NOT PRINT IT. If you have not applied to Canada before you will not have a UCI number if you have applied before you will. If some of the question do not apply to you write in N/A to show that you have read the form. If you do not have enough room on you for all the jobs they are looking for you can add additional to by uploading it in the optional documents under Letter of Explanation.
    The Family information form IMM5707 should be filled out printed and signed in the appropriate place to say you are not married or have children as appropriate to your situation.
    The Police clearance is from your local Garda station not from the vetting department in Thurles. All you have to do is go down to your local station fill with a SAE fill out the form the give you and you will receive it in the post in a few days. Also bring your birth Cert as when I went it was the only form of ID they would accept. If you have been in other countries for more than 6 months you will need clearance from them also. I had and I scanned all the police clearances into one document and uploaded them together
    The photo requirements are explained well on the website.
    The Schedule 1 IMM5257 form is required for those who have answered yes to questions 3-6 on the final page of the IMM1295 form.
    Once you have received the IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter upload it and submit you application. You will be asked to digitally sign your application. This "SIGNATURE" has to match exactly the name you used when filling out the IMM1295 form. There should be no additional fee to pay you have already paid it when applying to the IEC.
    When you have submitted you application to the CIC you will receive a confirmation email from them. You will find a application number in the attached pdf file. You need to log on to your IEC account again go to My Profile, Update CIC file number, Enter the number in here to link the two accounts.
    I have got this far. All I can do now is sit back relax and wait for the CIC to make a decision which could take a few weeks as they are allowing themselves 8 weeks to complete the whole process with additional time if the request additional documents.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 discodowney

ukulayla wrote: »
    I got that a few times, just run through the form again and try to upload. Sometimes the system craps itself when you've been logged in for a long time too.

Went through it again and threw a few N/A's in to sections i just left blank. That seemed to fix it. stupid that it will validate fine but wont upload

• Advertisement

Went through it again and threw a few N/A's in to sections i just left blank. That seemed to fix it. stupid that it will validate fine but wont upload

the whole system is nothing short of a ball-ache

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

ukulayla wrote: »
    This is probably another dumb question from me, I'm just getting all the CIC stuff sorted while I wait for the conditional letter. The only thing I'm missing is a police cert from New Zealand. From what I can gather I don't actually have to get the cert myself. Immigration do it for me when I send them a disclosure form. This is what the CIC page has to say,
    "The completed Disclosure of Information (NZ) form and copy of your photo/ID and signature pages of your passport must be included in your visa application kit at time of submission to CIC. "
    I'm just wondering where I attach that form? Does it go into the same document as my Irish police cert or does it go into the additional document section? Sorry if this is really straight forward and I'm just not seeing it. Having a bit of a nervous breakdown with all this. The NZ visa application was SO simple! :/

the new zealand working holiday application was easy.
    the australian working holiday application was easy.
    after looking into the other options we (as irish citizens) have, eg: taiwan, hong kong, argentina, etc........they are all easy.

i think it's pretty clear that this is not really a working holiday program. working holidays are supposed to be a care free, fun, exciting, extended holiday in which they themselves say that the primary purpose is to explore the country and ONLY work as a means to support your travels.

this is an application for immigration, not a working holiday and we are being treated as though we all have no intentions of returning home (this actually might be the case for some people which kinda makes it unfair for those who wish to actually treat the program as a working holiday). if they want to run things this way, then i think it's false advertising to call this program a "working holiday"

i'd also like to add that having worked in a backpackers hostel for the last couple of years, i have met a lot of canadians coming here on a working holiday visa. they did not have to do a fraction of the work we have to do in order to go to canada!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

ah well in fairness Ireland is ****ed so i suppose to come here the process is easy like we have **** all work wise to offer and dont have really anything to save we gave away the possible greatest money maker we had(the shell gasline). But Canada its still possible to make an absolute fortune depending on how hard you want to work;) so that's why they screen there applications so much. i suppose they don't want to have there country end up like oz. overrun with paddy's:D

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Delira

SAKBOUND wrote: »
    They are slowly verifying payments but from what I see it is been done on the basis of when you uploaded your proof of payment on a first come first served basis not on your WTN.

Great post! But I gotta say payment verification is most definately NOT given on a first come first served basis!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mexican council of food

SAKBOUND knows whats going down...!

• Advertisement

Delira wrote: »
    Great post! But I gotta say payment verification is most definately NOT given on a first come first served basis!!! :pac:

Well, its definitely not based off your WTN. I imagine there could be a number of people handling this and so whenever a payment is verified its given to one of these people, and depending on their workrate, its impossible to tell the progress of the Letter giving!

SAKBOUND knows whats going down...!

Don't suck up hes/shes not a straw:rolleyes:;)

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    Don't suck up hes/shes not a straw:rolleyes:;)

I don't wanna suck Sak....:eek:

I don't wanna suck Sak....:eek:

Haha:rolleyes::eek:...

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

SAKBOUND wrote: »
    These are my observations from reading the forum and filling out my own application. Other people may have other problems not mentioned below. I take no responsibility for anybody else's application.
    If you have a under WTN 6350 you have a place reserved.
    Once payment has been verified it is taking about a week to get the IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter some people may be quicker some slower. This is the letter that you attach to your CIC application. When waiting for the IEC conditional letter you can create a myCIC account by registering for a gc key, fill out the questionnaire and upload the documents that are required.
    The IMM1295 should be filled out without a signature, verified, saved and uploaded. DO NOT PRINT IT. If you have not applied to Canada before you will not have a UCI number if you have applied before you will. If some of the question do not apply to you write in N/A to show that you have read the form. If you do not have enough room on you for all the jobs they are looking for you can add additional to by uploading it in the optional documents under Letter of Explanation.
    The Family information form IMM5707 should be filled out printed and signed in the appropriate place to say you are not married or have children as appropriate to your situation.
    The Police clearance is from your local Garda station not from the vetting department in Thurles. All you have to do is go down to your local station fill with a SAE fill out the form the give you and you will receive it in the post in a few days. Also bring your birth Cert as when I went it was the only form of ID they would accept. If you have been in other countries for more than 6 months you will need clearance from them also. I had and I scanned all the police clearances into one document and uploaded them together
    The photo requirements are explained well on the website.
    The Schedule 1 IMM5257 form is required for those who have answered yes to questions 3-6 on the final page of the IMM1295 form.
    Once you have received the IEC Conditional Acceptance Letter upload it and submit you application. You will be asked to digitally sign your application. This "SIGNATURE" has to match exactly the name you used when filling out the IMM1295 form. There should be no additional fee to pay you have already paid it when applying to the IEC.
    When you have submitted you application to the CIC you will receive a confirmation email from them. You will find a application number in the attached pdf file. You need to log on to your IEC account again go to My Profile, Update CIC file number, Enter the number in here to link the two accounts.
    I have got this far. All I can do now is sit back relax and wait for the CIC to make a decision which could take a few weeks as they are allowing themselves 8 weeks to complete the whole process with additional time if the request additional documents.:D
    This is wrong becaue I did my girlfriend and mine at exact same time. Paid together, uploaded together (even did mine 1st) yet she was verified after 5 hours and I'm yet to be verified after 9 days. She recieved her conditional letter after 2 days and there are people here who I'm sure uploaded proof of payment before us still waiting to be verified or on letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    ah well in fairness Ireland is ****ed so i suppose to come here the process is easy like we have **** all work wise to offer and dont have really anything to save we gave away the possible greatest money maker we had(the shell gasline). But Canada its still possible to make an absolute fortune depending on how hard you want to work;) so that's why they screen there applications so much. i suppose they don't want to have there country end up like oz. overrun with paddy's:D

We didn't give away the Gasfields we handed over the risk and expense of exploration to a company who had experience in the field in return for a share of the profits through Taxation but that beside the point.

Canada uses one generic set of forms all types of applications
    The WHV forms are very similar to the form for TWP and for FSW.
    Is it work? Yes but it's pretty straight forward
    250,000 people a year immigrate to Canada so it probably makes sense that they standardise their documents as much as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

krudler wrote: »
    stil waiting on my acceptance letter, my payment was verified on the 3rd feb, anyone elses taking around the same?hope to have it in the next few days
    I'm in the same boat, my proof of payment was verified on 4th feb and I'm still waiting, so is my girlfriend. I'd say it takes 7 days (excluding weekends) to complete the assessment, that seems to be the general consensus anyway.

yea for a share which is **** all tbh shell had the better deal by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

the new zealand working holiday application was easy.
    the australian working holiday application was easy.
    after looking into the other options we (as irish citizens) have, eg: taiwan, hong kong, argentina, etc........they are all easy.

i think it's pretty clear that this is not really a working holiday program. working holidays are supposed to be a care free, fun, exciting, extended holiday in which they themselves say that the primary purpose is to explore the country and ONLY work as a means to support your travels.

this is an application for immigration, not a working holiday and we are being treated as though we all have no intentions of returning home (this actually might be the case for some people which kinda makes it unfair for those who wish to actually treat the program as a working holiday). if they want to run things this way, then i think it's false advertising to call this program a "working holiday"

i'd also like to add that having worked in a backpackers hostel for the last couple of years, i have met a lot of canadians coming here on a working holiday visa. they did not have to do a fraction of the work we have to do in order to go to canada!

In fairness I wouldn't call it hard work. I'm glad they take it seriously and I'd be delighted with the chance to extend the 2 years.... for the petty fee of $150 and some forms to fill.
    I think alot of people are a bit prone to losing perspective on the fact that you're getting the chance to go to a vast and majestic country where there are actual jobs. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

Payment verified last Monday; IEC verified there now so just waiting for conditional letter now to upload and submit :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 bay

i got this, i also got an error page and a page that says there is technical difficulties and to try later. been like that the last few days. have you had any luck since, my uploads still wont work

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

bay wrote: »
    i got this, i also got an error page and a page that says there is technical difficulties and to try later. been like that the last few days. have you had any luck since, my uploads still wont work

same as me is the website down for everybody ?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

fifi2008 wrote: »
    Payment verified last Monday; IEC verified there now so just waiting for conditional letter now to upload and submit :-)

IEC verified just there now aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 33 bay

hegarty147 wrote: »
    same as me is the website down for everybody ?

Seems to be, I tried looking for a phone number of email address to seek help, theres nothing, I tried their twitter for a response too, no luck

bay wrote: »
    Seems to be, I tried looking for a phone number of email address to seek help, theres nothing, I tried their twitter for a response too, no luck
    It's up an running for me anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

same here. i just got verified for the iec assessment but there's no sign of the conditional letter of acceptance, new messages in the inbox or instructions on how to do the next part. is it normal to have to wait for these seperately? i'd have thought they came together.

it can take a few hours to get the letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭jenniem01

same here. i just got verified for the iec assessment but there's no sign of the conditional letter of acceptance, new messages in the inbox or instructions on how to do the next part. is it normal to have to wait for these seperately? i'd have thought they came together.

I got my payment verified on Friday Feb 1st and got the conditional letter yesterday February 11th so be patient.

when I got my payment verification letter last week, it came about an hour after it said "verified" on my account. Just sit tight man, I'm still waiting for my assessment to be completed icon9.png.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Was reading a few pages back, so much fuss about which family information form it is that you have to fill out. Obviously it's the one they provide, it's as simple as that ;)

In other news is the job for being a pope vacant? Where can I send my CV? :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement