Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

DodoByrne wrote: »
    You can delete the one you have and start again.

Cheers mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kerbear86

How long after we submit our Application do we recieve a Work permit file number??? Is the Application number the same thing?? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

My payment has been verified but have yet to receive an email to move onto the next stage, anyone else in the same situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,644 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Got the letter of acceptance tonight, now to the forms in the CIC section, this should be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

kerbear86 wrote: »
    How long after we submit our Application do we recieve a Work permit file number??? Is the Application number the same thing?? Thanks

I had mine the same day. You get your UCI number which you then update in ur IEC account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

My payment has been verified but have yet to receive an email to move onto the next stage, anyone else in the same situation?
    In the same boat as yourself, payment was verified on 4th Feb, and I'm numbered between 200 ad 400. Fingers crossed it shouldn't take too long more until I get an answer and hopefully progress onto stage 2. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

Quick question - From getting the Letter Of Acceptance - Roughly how long will it take from sending the CIC section to getting Visa?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

they say 4-6 weeks as far as i remember

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Muffinman1

they say 4-6 weeks as far as i remember
    Thats great as I heard off some people it could be as bad as 3-4 months and well I'd crack up if it was that long :o

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Muffinman1 wrote: »
    Quick question - From getting the Letter Of Acceptance - Roughly how long will it take from sending the CIC section to getting Visa?

The CIC assessment is done through the london embassy, they are also responsible for another 8 countries i think.
    The average processing time they have on the site for the london embassy is 2months,

last year depending on when you applied, it did indeed take people close to 3 months.
    I imagine this year considering that everyone has applied together some people will again be waiting a considerable time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

i need some help please. is anyone having this problem........

i applied last year. it was my first time applying. i did not receive a uni number at anytime before sending off my application forms. i signed up with go4less. they told me to just send them off with that section blank. i can't remember the reason why but they said it was ok. perhaps you didn't receive it until your application was reviewed. anyway, my application was rejected by the iec department and my application forms were returned to me. i'm looking at the section where the uci is supposed to be but it is still blank. the application process involved the forms going to the iec department in london (high commission of canada) first and then onto canada afterwards for the second part of the review.

so my questions are:

1. for stage 2 last year, when the forms went to canada, was this the cic department?

2. if i was rejected by the iec in london before the forms had a chance to go to canada for part 2 of the process, would that then mean that i don't actually have a uci seeing as the cic never actually viewed my application?

3. i received a wtn for 2012. is it possible to have a wtn without also having a uci?

i am at stage 2 now this year. when you sign in using your gckey, it asks you if you have applied before and if so, enter your uci number (0000-0000 format).

4. does my application last year count if it never made it as far as the cic department in canada? (in the eyes of the cic anyway....)

i would appreciate some help guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭CatMc48

You can delete the one you have and start again.

Really? Although I suppose why not as the only information you give in the questionnaire bit is your DOB!
    I said 'yes' to my spouse coming with me as he is, but he's doing his own IEC - but then read a few pages back that it was advised on the IEC FB page, to say no!

Will go and delete the ones we created now and do new ones tomorrow - head gets a bit melted at this time of night!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

i should add that i never paid the participation fee. the rejection letter i received was in regards to my eligibility. would it be safe to say that i don't have a uci rather than i do and just don't know what it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

i should add that i never paid the participation fee. the rejection letter i received was in regards to my eligibility. would it be safe to say that i don't have a uci rather than i do and just don't know what it is?

If I'm interpreting you correctly, then you were ineligible and technically never actually got to make an application, therefore, you wouldn't have a UCI because you never actually applied.

Does anyone know the name of the IEC page on FB? I'm looking it up here and can't seem to find it!

CatMc48 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the name of the IEC page on FB? I'm looking it up here and can't seem to find it!

It's ok - I'm presuming the info is coming from the iCan page which I am 'friends' with, so got info there!!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 31 tutts

did u have any problems with electronic signature,

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Agro Head

Where do I find my work permit file number? Do I only get it after I send off all the documents?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭danny2013

I have everything uploaded now plus my Conditional Letter Of Acceptance which i received literally 10 minutes ago, so im ready to submit my application for a work permit, but i hear alot of talk about the IMM5707 being the wrong form for some people, i filled out IMM5707 and uploaded it, it was one page just and didnt think anything of it only that it didnt ask for brothers and sisters or nothing, it just contained one page, should i send it now or does it need to be the other form? Im ready to send now, i just need reassurance

• Registered Users Posts: 22 philo87

Having trouble uploading digital photo. Was any1 in da same boat and howd u sort it...

• Advertisement

i scanned mine in colour , then i saved it as a PDF and uploaded it

make sure its one of the formats they want, i used PDF, hope this helps you

I have everything uploaded now plus my Conditional Letter Of Acceptance which i received literally 10 minutes ago, so im ready to submit my application for a work permit, but i hear alot of talk about the IMM5707 being the wrong form for some people, i filled out IMM5707 and uploaded it, it was one page just and didnt think anything of it only that it didnt ask for brothers and sisters or nothing, it just contained one page, should i send it now or does it need to be the other form? Im ready to send now, i just need reassurance

Can someone please help me that knows something, i dont wanna mess things up at this stage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

its up to yourself mate most people are just sending it as that's the one that is asked for in the come to Canada questionnaire there is another one you could fill out but i don't no an-thin about that one.as i filled out the 5707 one and so did many others but its up to urself as noone noes the right answer.

ok mate, ive sent it now, no goin back , just have to wait and see

i cant seem to proceed to review application tab, is this normal , and also, when do u expect that we get a message , cuz it says we will be receiving a message in our cic account

and also, how do we pay for the work permit, has it got that far yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 shanewhite

dmags wrote: »
    Did you get your USA one back yet? I sent mine at the end of December and nothing yet. I think I read they can take 16-18weeks.

Hi. I sent the USA one in around the 12th December, got it back 23th Jan or there abouts. When you call the office in Virginia, it's an automated process which eventually gets you to an agent, who can only check the status of your background check if it was sent and received 4 weeks beforehand. However listening to their automated messages, they state it usually takes 6 weeks to process and that's about how long it took for me. I'd imagine you'll get yours this week or next. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 colinmoroney

Two questions:

I am in Canada on the IEC from last year. I received my Conditional Acceptance letter from IEC. I'm logged into myCIC page but should I list Canada as my Country of Residence? Or list Ireland? Tehcnically I'm on a working holiday here and not "living" in Canada. This isn't explained anywhere I can see.

Also, does anyone know what you're supposed to do on the IMM1295 if you have had more than 3 jobs in the last ten years? Can you upload a second copy of the IMM1295 in optional documents?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭del777

Day 10 and still no conditional letter.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 tony1212121

I am wondering can anybody help!!!
    I was in a country on holiday for 6 and a half months in total (travelling). I stayed for 2 months and then visited another country for 2 weeks. After returning I stayed in the country for a 4 and a half months. Is this considered 6 consecutive months for police clearance?

I do not want to get the Police clearance as I have to fly to London to get fingerprints as there is no consulate in Ireland and I will miss at least a day's work as well as the general expense involved.

P.s all of this is stamped on my passport

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement