Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dannil

I Uploaded the form IMM5707 and my boyfriend uploaded the IMM5645 and we both received our Letter of Introduction this morning on the CIC site. So it must not make any difference as the IMM5645 just has an extra page for brothers and sisters....

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

dannil wrote: »
    I Uploaded the form IMM5707 and my boyfriend uploaded the IMM5645 and we both received our Letter of Introduction this morning on the CIC site. So it must not make any difference as the IMM5645 just has an extra page for brothers and sisters....

That was quick! Do you know what date you submitted it?

Also congrats!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

Got the two LOI's (now called POE Introduction Letters) for the two applications I put in. Both are dated February 13th, one is valid until Feb 7th 2015, the other Feb 10th 2015. Submitted them both on Feb 7th. Filled out the 5707 family form.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 bazdaz

I finally got my payment verification today after 14 days waiting, my wtn is in the 5300's....its gonna be a long wait for me by the looks of it so gonna just sit tight for the next few months and hope that the end result is a work permit and a ticket to Canada....hang in there boys & girls and the patience will pay off in the end ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 PropJoe84

Guys, did anyone have an issue at the digital signature stage? Any help would be appreciated.

• Advertisement

Interesting to note the validity of Feb 2015 refers to the date before which I may enter...I think. There's a box with the type of permit, document number and permit validity date and the first line of the text below states " You must enter Canada no later than the validity noted above." It would seem we have two years to activate?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

del777 wrote: »
    Day 10 and still no conditional letter.... :(

same boat, the wait is horrible but im sure we will get it shortly :(

Also, in my kompass account immigration assessment and final decisions are still pending.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 thedubguy

They dont charge anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 thedubguy

JenL wrote: »
    I hope you're getting a cut of the commission! :D

They dont charge anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭underthetides

Lmnover wrote: »
    Hi Kat
    I paid 12 days ago and still not verfied - do you think there is a problem with my application? my number is in high 5000
    i would love re assurance and up the walls here and paid my husbands the same time and he verified last week...:confused:

would like an update too.Paid 15 days ago and uploaded additional payment proof 14 days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Payment verified after 13 days, can't believe it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

gary27 wrote: »
    Payment verified after 13 days, can't believe it :)
    I'm waiting 13 days too, glad to hear some of the payment verifications are just taking a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

I'm waiting 13 days too, glad to hear some of the payment verifications are just taking a long time.

I'm sure you will get the verification soon, just hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dannil

I uploaded everything on the 7th Feb to my CIC account and got the POE dated 13th Feb and its Valid till the 07th Feb 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭ripcord

dannil wrote: »
    I uploaded everything on the 7th Feb to my CIC account and got the POE dated 13th Feb and its Valid till the 07th Feb 2015

That's great news. It looks like we have two years to use the permit before it expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭danny2013

does anyone want to reassure me on the work permit file number? it says on letter of acceptance that will be getting a message in our CIC Account that contains a work permit file number, i opened that message and at the top it asks us to quote the reference number when referring to application, it comes up on letter as application number. Is this the same as a work permit number?

Yep, that's it.

and did you use that application number to update the cic part in your kompass account?

we just wait now then i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

Aliana wrote: »
    Got the two LOI's (now called POE Introduction Letters) for the two applications I put in. Both are dated February 13th, one is valid until Feb 7th 2015, the other Feb 10th 2015. Submitted them both on Feb 7th. Filled out the 5707 family form.

Wow, congrats that was so quick!
    out of interest what range of WTN have you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

I am wondering can anybody help!!!
    I was in a country on holiday for 6 and a half months in total (travelling). I stayed for 2 months and then visited another country for 2 weeks. After returning I stayed in the country for a 4 and a half months. Is this considered 6 consecutive months for police clearance?

I do not want to get the Police clearance as I have to fly to London to get fingerprints as there is no consulate in Ireland and I will miss at least a day's work as well as the general expense involved.

P.s all of this is stamped on my passport

i think 2 weeks is a long enough time to split it up. i'm no expert but i'd imagine you should be fine without getting a clearance. they did say "consecutive" afterall.

danny2013 wrote: »
    and did you use that application number to update the cic part in your kompass account?

we just wait now then i guess

Sure did.
    Wow, congrats that was so quick!
    out of interest what range of WTN have you, and when did you upload your doccuments?

My personal WTN was in in the 000180s, the other application was just under 1200, the later one was dealt with first by the IEC even though I had applied and paid my own first.

is there anything else i need to do now, or do i just wait?

Just wait...

Aliana wrote: »
    Sure did.

My personal WTN was in in the 000180s, the other application was just under 1200, the later one was dealt with first by the IEC even though I had applied and paid my own first.

This is good news i think, an early flight might be on the cards yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

So are the LOIs this year valid for two years before you have to enter the country soThis would be amazing for me as I don't think I'll be able to go until early 2015 and thought I'd have to withdraw my application... :/

That's what is on the LOI's I received anyway, I'm interested to hear from others.

giggii wrote: »
    So are the LOIs this year valid for two years before you have to enter the country soThis would be amazing for me as I don't think I'll be able to go until early 2015 and thought I'd have to withdraw my application... :/

Yes but you will be denying someone that actually wants to use a visa this year.
    If you cannot go until 2015 why not wait and apply in 2015 or at least 2014 when there will be 10,000 visas.

I dont think this is particularly fair on those who have missed out due to high demand this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Yes but you will be denying someone that actually wants to use a visa this year.
    If you cannot go until 2015 why not wait and apply in 2015 or at least 2014 when there will be 10,000 visas.

I dont think this is particularly fair on those who have missed out due to high demand this year.

Because I'm still waiting on funding applications for research in Toronto and whether or not I get it will depend on when I'll be leaving the country. If I withdraw the visa and my funding gets granted for January 2014 I'll be royally screwed... :/

• Advertisement

giggii wrote: »
    Because I'm still waiting on funding applications for research in Toronto and whether or not I get it will depend on when I'll be leaving the country. If I withdraw the visa and my funding gets granted for January 2014 I'll be royally screwed... :/

Sorry your previous post suggested that you would not be going until 2015. Obviously if there is a possibility that you will need a visa by Jan 2014 that is a very different situation

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement