Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

Around April aswell mate or as soon as i hopefully get a visa I just wanna work tbh!. This Country is finished unfortunetly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Yea that's a fact lad. ya heading out with many? few of us should organise sonething seems to be a few heading out straight away visa pending of course we should organise something nearer the time

Me and posibly another two not wile sure yet alot of ppl are full of crap lol. Yeah I'd organise somethin nearer the time no bother atal:)

Yea pal i was in the same boat with nz was meant to go with a few friends and course they pulled out last min and went back to coll this year as matures great:/.

Awh I know the feelin was supposed to go to oz last year with boys but that was a dud ! So this time im goin it alone and if their serious then good stuff if not then im not left hangin im not relyin on anyone this time only myself and my minds long made up!

• Advertisement

yea same ere lad best go solo alright it might be daunting but i am someone that likes work and that's not ere so canada the best bet gonna work like a dog at anything going to labourer and try get a job in a pub make few bob have a bit of craic in Calgary watch bit of ice hockey go snow boarding etc. then when it gets cold its time to hop on a rig. wats your plan:)

Wouldnt mind abit of snowboarding myself! Well my only plan at the minute is gettin a visa! But it will be labourin aswell get my first aid and Gas safety courses sorted when and if I get there and hopefully straight onto the rigs thats where the money is at even though it'll be the donkey work hopefully make my way up. Agree 100% about goin solo mate you've no choice but too put the graft in or your fooked no1 too fall back on goin it alone is the best thing ya can do

yea thats a fact bud great to see someone in the same boat. yea fact lad but ya can work the way up alright on the rigs. be a bit of craic. yea geting the visa is the most important at the minute:)

Hopefully it wont be too hard to get a visa thats gonna be the worst part of it all. Anyway Im off mate and sure I'll no doubt chat tya again soon I'll be about this thread anyway seein what alls happenin and if things go to plan and you wanna sort somethin out then im fine with that. Anyway goodluck with it all :) chat tya again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

anyone a link for the IEC Kompass account?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

anyone a link for the IEC Kompass account?

It's not open yet man.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    I dont no when i go to open that it says i need to update my adobe reader but it is updated i didnt tink you would be able to get into that as the iec is not open yet?:o

Sound like scripting is turned off in the reader. Open up reader click on edit and then preferences there is a section for java make sure scripting is enabled there and also add the cic website to the list of allowed sites under internet

Could be that or right click the document on the site and "Save link as..". That's what I had to do as chrome didn't support the document. Had to launch it from desktop.

WasterEx wrote: »
    It's not open yet man.

beginning to get it.

when the visas are open that kompass acc will be accessible, you complete it and get that letter sent to you and you upload that letter along with your other docummentataion on the GC Key

am i right?

beginning to get it.

when the visas are open that kompass acc will be accessible, you complete it and get that letter sent to you and you upload that letter along with your other docummentataion on the GC Key

am i right?

From what I understand you are indeed correct :D

From what I understand you are indeed correct :D

thanks mate, id be lost only for boards!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Y2Gray1895

Have you visited or lived any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?

That refers to the countries for which they require you to have a medical, is that correct?

Y2Gray1895 wrote: »
    Have you visited or lived any one of the designated countries for 6 consecutive months in the last year?

That refers to the countries for which they require you to have a medical, is that correct?

yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

Just a bit of info for all the folks thinking of goin over! DO IT! The best decision I ever made, endless job opportunities, good craic and sound people! I can only speak on behalf of B.C, but there is so much work and in your spare time endless activities! The only bad thing Ican say is be carefull of jobs on craigslist, there's a few cowboys on it, my buddy got shafted for two weeks wages so just be careful! Yeah also you get worked like a dog, ya eat your lunch on the go, but you get paid well for it and have the banter (thats labouring). Hope'sthis helps anyone thinking of going, anyone going to Van or B.C and wants to ask me anything, P.M away! We all got to stick together in these times! Best of luck :)

So have ye guys filled out the first form already the iec one? and are just waiting till it opens to launch it in your iec account?:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Is it better to do the application online or physically? Trying to figure out which one has less chance of going wrong.

Can it not only be done online? i taught ireland has to be done online?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Ah here, I am clueless for this, did they make it this complex for the fun of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Just a bit of info for all the folks thinking of goin over! DO IT! The best decision I ever made, endless job opportunities, good craic and sound people! I can only speak on behalf of B.C, but there is so much work and in your spare time endless activities! The only bad thing Ican say is be carefull of jobs on craigslist, there's a few cowboys on it, my buddy got shafted for two weeks wages so just be careful! Yeah also you get worked like a dog, ya eat your lunch on the go, but you get paid well for it and have the banter (thats labouring). Hope'sthis helps anyone thinking of going, anyone going to Van or B.C and wants to ask me anything, P.M away! We all got to stick together in these times! Best of luck :)

endless job opportunities, really? You make it sound so easy:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Scan them in *600 DPI* and make sure they are at least 420 x 540 pixels in size.

I'm going to get my passport photo scanned in a net cafe today. So, when I open the file on a usb, it will be a photo surrounded by white more than likely.

Should I crop the photo in paint or picasa as per the size above?

Is there anything I should ask the guy in the net cafe before he does it?

i have to go in to the local library tomorrow and do it have everything else done i think:/... its awful confuseing have to make sure everything is right:) ha

• Registered Users Posts: 10 mad4beer

zweton wrote: »
    endless job opportunities, really? You make it sound so easy:)

For sure lots of jobs but in my opinion you need to be earning pretty good money to have a good lifestyle out here.

Your right mate theres a few things you can do you can set up a MY CIC account and upload things to that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

mad4beer wrote: »
    For sure lots of jobs but in my opinion you need to be earning pretty good money to have a good lifestyle out here.

What would you say is pretty good money?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement