Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Sorry your previous post suggested that you would not be going until 2015. Obviously if there is a possibility that you will need a visa by Jan 2014 that is a very different situation

Oh you're grand, it's just with everything being ambiguous regarding work the extra year to get out there if things fall through would help immensely! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭westerlywonder

I understand, it looks like it is ideal for your situation so

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

WOW! Ppl gettin their LOI'S already thats great! I just sent my appliction off this minute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Afatpigeon

GrizzlyMan wrote: »
    same boat, the wait is horrible but im sure we will get it shortly :(

Same boat, here. Been more than 10 days now, though. Getting a bit anxious.

I see people have done the CIC stuff and been approved already? Does that mean all the visa stuff is done for them i.e. they've finished all the steps and are eligible to move to canada? :pac:

Lads, to set up a MyCIC account do I just register for a GCKey?

Figured I might as well get it sorted and start putting together stuff in advance. I'm hoping to be in Canada by the end of May - march/april/may means it's definitely possible even if it takes 8 weeks for my application to go through. Still, will probably be tight?

Edit: are they fussy on the photo? Is it just a standard passport photo they are looking for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 mexican council of food

Afatpigeon wrote: »
    Lads, to set up a MyCIC account do I just register for a GCKey?

Correct, and have a pen and paper and your passport number handy when you are doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 marvellousj

congrats to those who got the LOI's! what do ya need to wait for now? is'nt the LOI all you need to get the work permit at your port of entry??

Correct, and have a pen and paper and your passport number handy when you are doing it.

Yeah, all done. Just need to fill out the IMM5707 and the 1295. Do you fill these out via printing/writing/scan/upload or is there another way? I know they say they want a digitial signature on them, but. (Yea, sorry for all the stupid questions - I've read the thread and saw stuff done a few ways but wasn't sure what the "consensus" was, basically).

Oh, just saw I need to include any stamps on my passport. Lucky I saw that. Funnily enough I think there's only a Canadian stamp on my current passport, ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭DodoByrne

I just got an email in my gmail "request for information".... "Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request: "

But I've nothing from them in myCIC account. I did email them last week for info, maybe this is a response to that mail???
    Anyone any experience like this.
    Also when i submitted my application on the 9th a new thingy came up on myCIC..."Make a Request

OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification"

Anyone else get this option after submitting? it seems to be about studying in canada!!
    Also :D, in "view checklist" after you've submitted, its says date required.. 1st march 2013.... it was like that straight off.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

Aliana wrote: »
    That's what is on the LOI's I received anyway, I'm interested to hear from others.

Which family form did you fill out?

Cheers

• Advertisement

sully2010 wrote: »

Cheers

Aliana said earlier that one filled out the 5707 and the other did the 5645..... so no worries either way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

"Make a Request OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification"

Yeah, that's normal, we just ignored it.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

sully2010 wrote: »

Cheers

Aliana wrote: »
    "Make a Request OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification"

Yeah, that's normal, we just ignored it.

I figured that, it didn't bother me until i got the "request for info" email off them in my gmail. Just a little jumpy :)
    Congrats on getting in Aliana. Hope you have a great experience :D

"The information in this email is meant to assist you in understanding the immigration and citizenship policies and/or procedures. It is a summary of the information contained in the law. If you plan on consulting this email again at a future date, please visit our Web site to ensure that you have the most current information on our programs and policies."

from this part i figure its just a generic response to them receiving contact from myCIC

• Registered Users Posts: 11 coso1122

anyone know how long it takes to get police clearance from oz and the quickest way to go bout it?

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

hey guys quick question on the cic form. In regards to post secondary education i did a degree but I also am a trainee accountant working in an audit firm I have passed all my exams and my training contract ends 30th of april and so does my work contract. I am just wondering should I be putting only the trainee accountant in or my degree ?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 SAKBOUND

coso1122 wrote: »
    anyone know how long it takes to get police clearance from oz and the quickest way to go bout it?
    Do it online search AFP you should have it in about 2 weeks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

jeez that is great news so it is congrats:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Star25

Hi guys
    Quick question about the photo part of the application. I went down to a camera place to get the photo done as they do visa photos. I brought down the specs and the guy just kind brushed it off and said its the same as a passport pic. He put the photo on a disc for me but I checked the specs myself and the dimensions are different - per iec they have to be 420 x 540 at least and the ones on the pic i got are 413 x 531. Not sure whether I should just send them in like this or not. Ive got the fear!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Star25 wrote: »
    Hi guys
    Quick question about the photo part of the application. I went down to a camera place to get the photo done as they do visa photos. I brought down the specs and the guy just kind brushed it off and said its the same as a passport pic. He put the photo on a disc for me but I checked the specs myself and the dimensions are different - per iec they have to be 420 x 540 at least and the ones on the pic i got are 413 x 531. Not sure whether I should just send them in like this or not. Ive got the fear!!!:eek:

I wouldn't send them in, as its below their criteria maybe try somewhere else or go back in and get them to do it again for free.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Star25

Thanks Gary yeah thats probably the safest option, its sheer laziness that I dont want to go back down!
    Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Thanks Gary yeah thats probably the safest option, its sheer laziness that I dont want to go back down!
    Thanks a mill

no problem make sure they don't brush it off this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

coso1122 wrote: »
    i emailed mine last night with the required documents in pdf format. i also needed the drivers licence history from queensland, that had to be posted, so its gone off in the post this morning. waiting game now. but hopefully worth it in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭green_dub_girl

Hi guys

Definately don't submit that, how annoying! I'd go back and insist they edit it for free, you'll only be worrying about it otherwise.

Practice your most stern voice in advance ;-)

Hi guys

id just resize it m8, handy enough to do

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Black_shadow

So i got a new mail, must be the next step, got it last night 21.00pm irish time but since my wifi is down at home, i only gained access to my email in work now and see so when i go into iec website to log in, this pops up

"International Experience Canada Online Application
    Due to the popularity of the program and high volume of traffic, the Kompass IEC application is currently offline undergoing essential maintenance. We are working to get Kompass back online as quickly as possible. Thank you for your interest in International Experience Canada.

En raison de la popularité du programme Kompass EIC et du volume élevé de trafic, cette application est actuellement inaccessible et fait l’objet d’un entretien essentiel. Nous tentons de remettre Kompass en ligne le plus tôt possible. Nous vous remercions de l’intérêt que vous portez à l’initiative Expérience internationale Canada."

Does that happen anyone else??

So i got a new mail, must be the next step, got it last night 21.00pm irish time but since my wifi is down at home, i only gained access to my email in work now and see so when i go into iec website to log in, this pops up

"International Experience Canada Online Application
    Due to the popularity of the program and high volume of traffic, the Kompass IEC application is currently offline undergoing essential maintenance. We are working to get Kompass back online as quickly as possible. Thank you for your interest in International Experience Canada.

En raison de la popularité du programme Kompass EIC et du volume élevé de trafic, cette application est actuellement inaccessible et fait l’objet d’un entretien essentiel. Nous tentons de remettre Kompass en ligne le plus tôt possible. Nous vous remercions de l’intérêt que vous portez à l’initiative Expérience internationale Canada."

Does that happen anyone else??
    yup mines the same, i wouldnt worry about it, it will be back working soon enough

Surfn wrote: »
    yup mines the same, i wouldnt worry about it, it will be back working soon enough

ya but i have only so hour half in work left and i go home to my wifi not working, so i will have to look it tomorrow :/... but least i got it after waiting number of days :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

same here bro it should be back up and running in 28mins;);) haha

• Advertisement

JustRoss23 wrote: »
    same here bro it should be back up and running in 28mins;);) haha

haha how do you know :cool: :pac:?? You doing their computer technician work from them when their systems go down :rolleyes:? what stage you at??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement