Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

i was being sarcastic:o:o... i have everthing done mate just waiting to be granted the visa now:D i wish haha i can hardly turn on the computer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 31 eoino90

Lucky you man. I still haven't heard a thing from them since 4th Feb. THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME!eek.png

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

I know this has been asked loads of times already but for the 5707 form do you need to print it and sign it??

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭danny2013

mines application is submitted for the work permit now but i cant seem to click onto review application, payment and application submitted. is this normal for the application?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Star25

Definately don't submit that, how annoying! I'd go back and insist they edit it for free, you'll only be worrying about it otherwise.

Practice your most stern voice in advance ;-)
    Haha I went back and got it sorted woohoo!!! I was trying not to sound like an anal freak but im sure I came across that way! I dont care though at least thats sorted now and I can send everything off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭gary27

Star25 wrote: »
    Haha I went back and got it sorted woohoo!!! I was trying not to sound like an anal freak but im sure I came across that way! I dont care though at least thats sorted now and I can send everything off :)

good stuff, i wouldn't worry about the way you came across at least its sorted now.

Surfn wrote: »
    id just resize it m8, handy enough to do

Think I would have needed photoshop to change the dimensions - I could be wrong though I havent a clue about all that stuff! He sorted it for me anyway so happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭fifi2008

hegarty147 wrote: »
    hey guys quick question on the cic form. In regards to post secondary education i did a degree but I also am a trainee accountant working in an audit firm I have passed all my exams and my training contract ends 30th of april and so does my work contract. I am just wondering should I be putting only the trainee accountant in or my degree ?

Do not go by what I'm saying, but I would put the degree, as it asks for highest qualification to date...a lot of my dates were say September 2007 to today's date...there was no option for present...that's what I did anyway, only time will tell...

I've heard others saying the CIMA and Chartered Acc stuff isn't called the same stuff over there and you're better off writing exactly what it is and chartered accountant beside it..if that's what you're doing..

Think I would have needed photoshop to change the dimensions - I could be wrong though I havent a clue about all that stuff! He sorted it for me anyway so happy days!

what file size is it in kb?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 dirtsquirts

that guy sounds like a bit of a tool. is it too much to ask to receive what you specifically asked and paid for. hopefully i don't go to the same guy you did when i need my photos taken. anyway, good news that it's all sorted out now :)

• Advertisement

gary27 wrote: »
    what file size is it in kb?

The file size is 227KB now

The file size is 227KB now

great, when you open it on the computer is it a large size?

great, when you open it on the computer is it a large size?

Its definitely not small anyway. It looks a good size to me, you wouldn't need to zoom in on it or anything you know? Its very clear

Its definitely not small anyway. It looks a good size to me, you wouldn't need to zoom in on it or anything you know? Its very clear

great, how far along are you in the application?

that guy sounds like a bit of a tool. is it too much to ask to receive what you specifically asked and paid for. hopefully i don't go to the same guy you did when i need my photos taken. anyway, good news that it's all sorted out now :)

I know yeah! In fairness he was nice it was just awkward to have to go back down there cos im in work. He almost seemed insulted! Yeah I'd advise you to bring in the specs the iec are looking for and make sure your man checks it for you:)

great, how far along are you in the application?

That's the last thing I needed to get sorted so should be uploading everything after work all going well:D I saw some people are getting their LOI already exciting stuff!!! Fingers crossed it doesnt take too long and we'l all be living it up in Canada very soon :cool:

That's the last thing I needed to get sorted so should be uploading everything after work all going well:D I saw some people are getting their LOI already exciting stuff!!! Fingers crossed it doesnt take too long and we'l all be living it up in Canada very soon :cool:

we all can't wait to get over there :), let the good times roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

fifi2008 wrote: »
    Do not go by what I'm saying, but I would put the degree, as it asks for highest qualification to date...a lot of my dates were say September 2007 to today's date...there was no option for present...that's what I did anyway, only time will tell...

I've heard others saying the CIMA and Chartered Acc stuff isn't called the same stuff over there and you're better off writing exactly what it is and chartered accountant beside it..if that's what you're doing..

thanks for that the only problem is that in the iec application form it ask where you currently in education and i put the chartered accounts which i am i am technically a student but working at the same time. So i am afraid if i leave it out completely there may be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kerbear86

Surfn wrote: »
    i emailed mine last night with the required documents in pdf format. i also needed the drivers licence history from queensland, that had to be posted, so its gone off in the post this morning. waiting game now. but hopefully worth it in the end
    Can I ask Why you needed the driving history from Queensland? Thanks

hegarty147 wrote: »
    thanks for that the only problem is that in the iec application form it ask where you currently in education and i put the chartered accounts which i am i am technically a student but working at the same time. So i am afraid if i leave it out completely there may be an issue

You could add it to the letter of explanation?
    I had an issue with not having enough room to fill in my last 10 years work and the guy in go4less told me to fill out the extra employment details on another IMM1295 and attach it as part of the letter of explanation. Might be a safe option? This is exactly what he said:

"In this case you should fill out another Imm1295 employment section to allow for space. The additional employment section(s) should be printed and then uploaded to the Letter of Explanation section on your MyCIC account."

You could just say on the letter of explanation that you are currently enrolled in the institute and you passed your exams but wont be qualified until the end of your contract etc....

Congrats on the exams by the way I qualified in November too woohoo..... was my second FAE attempt though so I didnt have that issue:o

• Advertisement

Can anyone log into their Kompass account. the sites up an running but whenever I put in my email address and password, it says invalid username/password combination. Same thing is happening to my girlfriend too.

eoino90 wrote: »
    Can anyone log into their Kompass account. the sites up an running but whenever I put in my email address and password, it says invalid username/password combination. Same thing is happening to my girlfriend too.

same here, probably be fixed after a while.

Ah, cool, nice one for that. was kinda freaking out there a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

Aliana wrote: »
    Interesting to note the validity of Feb 2015 refers to the date before which I may enter...I think. There's a box with the type of permit, document number and permit validity date and the first line of the text below states " You must enter Canada no later than the validity noted above." It would seem we have two years to activate?

The permit validity date on your LOI is the date that your work permit will expire and you'll have to leave canada. I'm already out here on a work permit and that's the way they did it. So be careful.

"In this case you should fill out another Imm1295 employment section to allow for space. The additional employment section(s) should be printed and then uploaded to the Letter of Explanation section on your MyCIC account."

@Star25 with regard to the extra sheets for additional employment details, did you upload the whole 4 pages of the IMM1295 or just the employment section on page 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Anybody no anything about this?

I went into image size i changed it to MM but when i input 35 as width it auto pops the height as 50 and when I try and change the height to 45 it then changes the width to 31. Will not allow me to set the dimensions to 35x45mm

Anybody any ideas? Starting to pull my hair out here :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Aliana

The permit validity date on your LOI is the date that your work permit will expire and you'll have to leave canada. I'm already out here on a work permit and that's the way they did it. So be careful.

Are you sure? How could they know when you're work permit will expire when your 24 month visa only starts from the date you enter the country? Just asking like...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

You could add it to the letter of explanation?
    I had an issue with not having enough room to fill in my last 10 years work and the guy in go4less told me to fill out the extra employment details on another IMM1295 and attach it as part of the letter of explanation. Might be a safe option? This is exactly what he said:

You could just say on the letter of explanation that you are currently enrolled in the institute and you passed your exams but wont be qualified until the end of your contract etc....

Congrats on the exams by the way I qualified in November too woohoo..... was my second FAE attempt though so I didnt have that issue:o

cheers like it ask have you any post secondary education then it says if yes then put highest levels of your post secondary education - you see i would regard been the chartered accounts as my highest but i am not qualified yet so are they asking more what is your highest level "achieved" ie that would be college.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

kerbear86 wrote: »
    Can I ask Why you needed the driving history from Queensland? Thanks

look at this link m8. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp
    it clearly says its needed
    i didnt think this was needed either. but it looks like it is
    having said they you could submit your application and get away without it, im not taking the chance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

Aliana wrote: »
    Are you sure? How could they know when you're work permit will expire when your 24 month visa only starts from the date you enter the country? Just asking like...

Yeah I was wondering that too before I came to Canada but when I went thru immigration and she issued my work permit she said that it has to expire on the date on the LOI. And she was pretty firm in her answer so I didn't question her. I think there's a breakdown somewhere here, lack of communication between the CIC and embassy crowd writing on their website.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement