Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CANADA 2013 IEC MEGATHREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    Anybody no anything about this?

I went into image size i changed it to MM but when i input 35 as width it auto pops the height as 50 and when I try and change the height to 45 it then changes the width to 31. Will not allow me to set the dimensions to 35x45mm

Anybody any ideas? Starting to pull my hair out here :confused:

Easily solved; When you're re-sizing the image look below in the dialogue box there are box's that you can tick/ un-tick, uncheck "Constrain Proportions".

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Star25

gary27 wrote: »
    "In this case you should fill out another Imm1295 employment section to allow for space. The additional employment section(s) should be printed and then uploaded to the Letter of Explanation section on your MyCIC account."

@Star25 with regard to the extra sheets for additional employment details, did you upload the whole 4 pages of the IMM1295 or just the employment section on page 3?

I actually haven't even done it yet I didn't even think of that! From what he said it sounds to me like maybe just the employment section. I did ask if I would need to fill in any of the other details on the form and he said no just the extra part your adding to it so I'd say just that page. I could easily be wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Aliana wrote: »
    Are you sure? How could they know when you're work permit will expire when your 24 month visa only starts from the date you enter the country? Just asking like...

I agree with you, from what you said on your LOI it seems that your visa doesn't have to be activated until early 2015 and you can stay for 24 months after this...

• Registered Users Posts: 44 odonovanchris

Has anyone here been waiting ages for their Garda cert? I've been waitin 2 weeks already....so annoying, it's all I need to submit to CIC.

hegarty147 wrote: »
    cheers like it ask have you any post secondary education then it says if yes then put highest levels of your post secondary education - you see i would regard been the chartered accounts as my highest but i am not qualified yet so are they asking more what is your highest level "achieved" ie that would be college.

Yeah true I know what you mean. These forms look simple until issues like that pop up!

• Advertisement

Has anyone here been waiting ages for their Garda cert? I've been waitin 2 weeks already....so annoying, it's all I need to submit to CIC.

I was waiting 4 weeks so I called into the garda station I dropped it into, noone there. Then I phoned the main barracks in Anglessea st and they had no record of getting it. The woman on the phone was lovely and said she'd enquire. Phoned me back five minutes later saying the station hadn't sent them my application and that they would have it in the next day or two. That was a Tuesday, I had my cert in my hand by Thursday afternoon.
    If you're concerned about the wait you should definitely give them a call or go in in person to enquire.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

WasterEx wrote: »
    Easily solved; When you're re-sizing the image look below in the dialogue box there are box's that you can tick/ un-tick, uncheck "Constrain Proportions".

Cheers Waster

One last thing if you dont mind, how do you set the DPI to 420x540:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭hegarty147

Star25 wrote: »
    Yeah true I know what you mean. These forms look simple until issues like that pop up!

Just so confusing because the rest is easy the go for less cheat sheet for that form going around says that if you are currently still in education you put the "to" as todays date

I am thinking il just put college down as my highest level of education achieved

You were saying you uploaded extra section for your jobs but if i was to do the same how would i document about not finished the ca yet

Just so confusing because the rest is easy the go for less cheat sheet for that form going around says that if you are currently still in education you put the "to" as todays date

I am thinking il just put college down as my highest level of education achieved

You were saying you uploaded extra section for your jobs but if i was to do the same how would i document about not finished the ca yet

I havent actually done it yet im going to do it this evening so I will get back to you properly on that one. If there was a part that you could literally just type something you could mention it to be on the safe side. I'l check it out shortly and let you know ....

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭WasterEx

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    Cheers Waster

One last thing if you dont mind, how do you set the DPI to 420x540:confused:

File > New :

(Dialogue Box)
    Width 420px x Height 540px :

Resolution (This is the DPI); Type 600 in that field.

Click "OK".

Now drag your image into photoshop and you're good to go!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 LinnViz

ripcord wrote: »
    I validated IMM1295 application form. It generated barcodes at the bottom. I set the date at the bottom of the form. Everything seemed fine (no errors).

Tried to upload it and got the following:

Your document contains invalid entries. Please review your document and retry.

Anyone else get this?

Ripcord - how did you solve this?

This has been happening for me too, with other various error messages as well.

I have double checked the form, it is validated with barcodes. It has no blank sections, I have filled out everything with n/a. I am really bewildered as to what is wrong. This has been going on for two days. Its just the IMM1295 left to upload!

I emailed tech support but no reply. I called them, they said to email tech support, that there were no known tech issues with the site in the past days, and if all else fails send a paper application.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭LostOneHelpMe

LinnViz wrote: »
    Ripcord - how did you solve this?

This has been happening for me too, with other various error messages as well.

I have double checked the form, it is validated with barcodes. It has no blank sections, I have filled out everything with n/a. I am really bewildered as to what is wrong. This has been going on for two days. Its just the IMM1295 left to upload!

I emailed tech support but no reply. I called them, they said to email tech support, that there were no known tech issues with the site in the past days, and if all else fails send a paper application.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
    If you have filled in the three small boxes with n/a in the address section, street number , apt number etc leave them blank

giggii wrote: »
    I agree with you, from what you said on your LOI it seems that your visa doesn't have to be activated until early 2015 and you can stay for 24 months after this...

Have you entered Canada on an IEC visa before? My one was through the AIESEC programme so maybe it was different because of that. But still the immigration lady was firm in setting the end of the work permit to the date on the LOI.

Can anyone who's been on the working holiday visa before comment on this? Is the expiry of the work permit the same as what was on your letter of introduction?

I was waiting 4 weeks so I called into the garda station I dropped it into, noone there. Then I phoned the main barracks in Anglessea st and they had no record of getting it. The woman on the phone was lovely and said she'd enquire. Phoned me back five minutes later saying the station hadn't sent them my application and that they would have it in the next day or two. That was a Tuesday, I had my cert in my hand by Thursday afternoon.
    If you're concerned about the wait you should definitely give them a call or go in in person to enquire.

Gosh I hope mine wasn't lost! I'm applying from Canada and my Mam's getting the certs for me back home. If it's not there by next week I'll give them a call:)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭youngmandillon

Surfn wrote: »
    look at this link m8. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/asia-pacific/australia.asp
    it clearly says its needed
    i didnt think this was needed either. but it looks like it is
    having said they you could submit your application and get away without it, im not taking the chance

Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?
    Yes. You may also need to provide a Traffic History printout, depending on which states you lived in while in Australia.

Which Australian police clearances are acceptable?

Applicants must provide a Standard Disclosure – name check. Certificates can be obtained through the Australian Federal Police.

IMPORTANT AND MANDATORY: Additional requirements apply for those who lived in or currently live in the States of Queensland and/or Victoria after their 18th birthday:

Residents of Queensland must submit a Traffic History which goes back to their 18th birthday or the day on which their first Australian driver’s licence was issued.
    Residents of Victoria must submit a Licence History Search which goes back to their 18th birthday or the day on which their first Australian driver’s licence was issued.
    Applicants who are unable to provide a Traffic History or a Licence History Search must provide evidence, issued by the Queensland and/or Victoria roads authority, stating that the person has never held a driver’s licence in that state.

are u sure its just not residents of oz that need traffic history ? as it states RESIDENTS ,i just got the name check meself

Ok I just found some info on the CIC site. Apparently this page is guidelines for the Immigration officer and says what they should do in certain situations: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob490.asp

So yeah it should be 24 months from the time you enter Canada.

It would still be nice to hear from people who've done it before though...did the expiry dates correspond?

Thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately tho I tried that, still the same thing :

This is really frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

@youngmandillon i dont know m8, its a tricky 1 to call, i done a search on boards.ie and get a mixed opinion on this. if you lived there for longer than 6 months, would you not be classed as a resident at that time. have you submitted your application yet

Thanks for the tip.

Unfortunately tho I tried that, still the same thing :

This is really frustrating!

I had no problems with mine, its hard to tell without seeing the form. Awh frustratin is one thing i could call the whole process alright. Just keep checking and make sure everythin is ticked etc and filled that needs to be:D

Have you entered Canada on an IEC visa before? My one was through the AIESEC programme so maybe it was different because of that. But still the immigration lady was firm in setting the end of the work permit to the date on the LOI.

Can anyone who's been on the working holiday visa before comment on this? Is the expiry of the work permit the same as what was on your letter of introduction?

I haven't but I know people that applied for their IEC visa in early 2012, got their LOI in June but didn't leave till early Winter 2012 and their visas are valid until Novemberish 2013...

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm thinking I might just start the form from scratch and see do I have any better luck that way! It's madness how badly designed the whole thing is, like seriously, did they test it at all? Like at all!! Thanks anyways!

I may well be back on here laters haha!

Yeah, I'm thinking I might just start the form from scratch and see do I have any better luck that way! It's madness how badly designed the whole thing is, like seriously, did they test it at all? Like at all!! Thanks anyways!

I may well be back on here laters haha!

Awh its flawed big time! No need to restart just go thru it with a fine toothcomb first

I haven't but I know people that applied for their IEC visa in early 2012, got their LOI in June but didn't leave till early Winter 2012 and their visas are valid until Novemberish 2013...

Cool that's a good sign. So hopefully it's true. Anyway according to this link and under the "IEC Reminders and Clarification" heading it should be true: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob490.asp

That's if I interpreted the wording correctly, when they say Irish should be issued 24 months, but the start date isn't mentioned........anyways:)

Ok I just found some info on the CIC site. Apparently this page is guidelines for the Immigration officer and says what they should do in certain situations: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2013/ob490.asp

So yeah it should be 24 months from the time you enter Canada.

It would still be nice to hear from people who've done it before though...did the expiry dates correspond?

Just put up a thread inquiring, hopefully that'll clear it all up! :)

Just put up a thread inquiring, hopefully that'll clear it all up! :)

Nice one :pac: Good idea.

Hello again!
    Ok so you can upload anything as part of the letter of explanation. I ended up just uploading a word document explaining that 2 of my jobs overlapped. So if you wanted you could just explain your situation on a word doc and upload it here also. Hope this helps!

Just letting everyone know that the UK one just opened today and they divided the quota into 3 sections that will be released separately, good idea to be honest. Also they got rid of the "resident in UK" requirement too. So any of ye Irish that have dual Irish and UK citizenship would be elligible for that if ye missed the Irish one. I hope this helps some of ye in need and gives you a second chance...some people here didn't find out till it was too late and missed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Lads, I got the second letter in my inbox verifying my payment, but that was over a week agoat this stage I'd say.
    Is anyone else in the same boat?
    Jaysus, it's frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

seems there loads in the same boat its just a waiting game panthro

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭ManFromCheese

im waiting since monday of last week for my conditional letter so hang tough im sure its on its way!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement